Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardiola's Laboratory

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Excellent article, makes too much sence for me to like it

    Comment


    • #17
      " Last season’s tactics are no longer a guaranteed winning formula, and some measure of improvement and change is virtually necessary, in order to continue to be successful."

      What proof do you have to come up with that? Of course other teams are going to study any team they play. It doesn't mean they are going to defeat them. If change is needed don't you think you should wait til you get defeated.

      " Bayern’s problem, rather, will be that they are the most studied team in Europe this season."

      Don't you think Pep Guardiola's tactics are the most studied in Europe? I mean come on every one here knew what he was going to do before he did it. All Guardiola is doing is trying to make Bayern play like Barca. It's all he knows. Why do you think he left Barca. After Inter beat him he didn't know what to do. I read what you wrote and you make some points but you should change when the system you already have isn't working anymore. You just shouldn't assume.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by KevinX View Post

        If change is needed don't you think you should wait til you get defeated.

        You actually answered that yourself.Should you really wait till you get defeated?
        The answer is very clear,and maybe even you can see it.Or maybe not?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by KevinX View Post
          " Last season’s tactics are no longer a guaranteed winning formula, and some measure of improvement and change is virtually necessary, in order to continue to be successful."

          What proof do you have to come up with that? Of course other teams are going to study any team they play. It doesn't mean they are going to defeat them. If change is needed don't you think you should wait til you get defeated.
          It is all in the context of the section in the article, from which you have quoted that sentence.

          " Bayern’s problem, rather, will be that they are the most studied team in Europe this season."

          Don't you think Pep Guardiola's tactics are the most studied in Europe? I mean come on every one here knew what he was going to do before he did it. All Guardiola is doing is trying to make Bayern play like Barca. It's all he knows. Why do you think he left Barca. After Inter beat him he didn't know what to do. I read what you wrote and you make some points but you should change when the system you already have isn't working anymore. You just shouldn't assume.
          I'll try to answer this later, but could I ask first for a rough estimate of how often you have seen Barcelona play in the past three years?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Badger View Post
            It is all in the context of the section in the article, from which you have quoted that sentence.



            I'll try to answer this later, but could I ask first for a rough estimate of how often you have seen Barcelona play in the past three years?
            Except for last year cause my tv provider didn't have Bein sports yet. I watched them play 10 to 15 times a year. Games against RM and CL games. I'm not a fan of Barcelona. I understand you want to give Pep a chance and it's not like i want Bayern to lose. I just don't think they need to change and become Barcelona. I don't want to see football played without pace.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by KevinX View Post
              Except for last year cause my tv provider didn't have Bein sports yet. I watched them play 10 to 15 times a year. Games against RM and CL games. I'm not a fan of Barcelona. I understand you want to give Pep a chance and it's not like i want Bayern to lose. I just don't think they need to change and become Barcelona. I don't want to see football played without pace.
              I'm fairly sure I haven't seen all your recent posts, but I've read a representative number of them. The two main things that strike me are:
              - You have a few assumptions and prejudices from which you don't waver
              - You ask the same question repeatedly

              Among the things you rigidly state as fact, there are several that many of us don't see as fact. For example (in no particular order):
              - Bayern are playing like Barcelona
              - Pep wants Bayern to play like Barcelona
              - Bayern are currently boring and will continue to be boring playing Pep's tactics
              - Pep left because he failed at Barcelona
              - Bayern's beating Barcelona last year is proof that Bayern are better than Barcelona this year
              - Bayern's beating Barcelona last year using 4-2-3-1 proves that 4-2-3-1 is a superior system
              - There is no need to change
              - Bayern should wait until the present system fails before trying another system
              - etc

              I don't believe that any of the above are facts. Many of them are more than questionable. I will not, however, embark on a lengthy discussion of these points. In virtually every case, some other member - sometimes several - have reasoned these topics out very well. They may not have been totally persuasive arguments, but they were strong enough to persuade many people that the truth lies in some more central area than the extremity of these views. I can't add much to their arguments, and I'm not intending to get caught up in a cycle of repeated questions and answers.

              I actually do believe that your questions are fairly genuine, and I'd like to be able to enter into a discussion with any genuine fan but, ultimately, I'm pointing out here that I don't think there's enough common ground or openmindedness for discussion to progress beyond a post or two.

              Comment

              Working...
              X