This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Isn't it interesting how literally every single person who's ever coached Kimmich disagrees with you?
    - Pep mostly played him as a CB (lol). then kept moving him around depending on the need. I don't remember him getting that much of games in midfield.
    - Carlo came and relegated Kimmich to the bench.
    (Euro happened and J.Low used Kimmich as a RB because of Howedes lol).
    - Jupp exclusively used him as RB.
    - Niko uses him mainly for the RB and stated recently that he is more of a RB than Midfielder ..

so ;
    Pep is a shit manager in my books, so his opinions counts for shit.
    don't let me start with J.low LOL!

that leaves Carlo & Jupp neither saw him as an upgrade to midfield.
    and then we have Niko who's according to the majority verdict is a bad manager so his views counts even less than Pep, the same Pep who said if I had 10 Dantes they will all start

so nothing interesting really.
    but just so you'd know, even if they all comes out and say Kimmich is a world class midfielder and the best in the world I would still have the same opinion because I simply trust my own eyes more than anything else.

at this moment, I see him as an average midfielder .. I am not convinced not even a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
      - Pep mostly played him as a CB (lol). then kept moving him around depending on the need. I don't remember him getting that much of games in midfield.
      - Carlo came and relegated Kimmich to the bench.
      (Euro happened and J.Low used Kimmich as a RB because of Howedes lol).
      - Jupp exclusively used him as RB.
      - Niko uses him mainly for the RB and stated recently that he is more of a RB than Midfielder ..

so ;
      Pep is a shit manager in my books, so his opinions counts for shit.
      don't let me start with J.low LOL!

that leaves Carlo & Jupp neither saw him as an upgrade to midfield.
      and then we have Niko who's according to the majority verdict is a bad manager so his views counts even less than Pep, the same Pep who said if I had 10 Dantes they will all start

so nothing interesting really.
      but just so you'd know, even if they all comes out and say Kimmich is a world class midfielder and the best in the world I would still have the same opinion because I simply trust my own eyes more than anything else.

at this moment, I see him as an average midfielder .. I am not convinced not even a little.
      Complete positional data for Kimmich's career. More games at CM/DM than RB.

Pep played him mostly at CM/DM, not CB.

Same with Carlo's first season.

In fact the only two seasons in which KImmich has EVER played more games at RB than CM/DM is 2017/18 and 2018/19 - the first two seasons after losing Lahm and having effectively 0 RB options (Rafinha doesn't count). So of course KImmich played more games here.

But then, playing more games really doesn't matter insofar as my original point: Every coach who's ever coached Kimmich saw him as an excellent midfielder, regardless of where they ultimately ended up playing him. As I said, we are all in agreement that Kimmich best serves the team at RB, not MF, and I agree with ANY coach's decision to play him at RB over CM because I, like you, agree that the team always must come first. THat does not impact, however, the very real and clear fact that every single coach that Kimmich has ever trained under also saw him as an excellent CM. IN that regard, you are in disagreement with literally every person who's ever had the privilege of coaching Joshua Kimmich.

If you're not convinced by the last 8 games, maybe the next 8 games will do the trick. One way or another, you're going to remember this post by the end of the season when I quote it with a signature "I told you so."

Comment

• Didn't Kimmich had a crazy scoring streak for Carlo while playing in the midfield (he then got dropped from the lineup for no reason) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
          Didn't Kimmich had a crazy scoring streak for Carlo while playing in the midfield (he then got dropped from the lineup for no reason) ?
          Yes he did, surprisingly enough he showed the best performances right under Carlo (when it comes to playing as a midfielder)

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
            Complete positional data for Kimmich's career. More games at CM/DM than RB.

Pep played him mostly at CM/DM, not CB.

Same with Carlo's first season.

In fact the only two seasons in which KImmich has EVER played more games at RB than CM/DM is 2017/18 and 2018/19 - the first two seasons after losing Lahm and having effectively 0 RB options (Rafinha doesn't count). So of course KImmich played more games here.

But then, playing more games really doesn't matter insofar as my original point: Every coach who's ever coached Kimmich saw him as an excellent midfielder, regardless of where they ultimately ended up playing him. As I said, we are all in agreement that Kimmich best serves the team at RB, not MF, and I agree with ANY coach's decision to play him at RB over CM because I, like you, agree that the team always must come first. THat does not impact, however, the very real and clear fact that every single coach that Kimmich has ever trained under also saw him as an excellent CM. IN that regard, you are in disagreement with literally every person who's ever had the privilege of coaching Joshua Kimmich.

If you're not convinced by the last 8 games, maybe the next 8 games will do the trick. One way or another, you're going to remember this post by the end of the season when I quote it with a signature "I told you so."
            only if he convinces me then fine, but as it stands right now, under Niko and from what I saw he's average midfielder.

what tomorrow holds, that I don't know.

Comment

Working...
            X