Kick off in 63 hours lol

Neuer

Richards - Boateng - Alaba - Davies

Tolisso - Fein
    Sané - Cuisance - Musiala

Zirkzee

We have another game next Wednesday against BVB

Comment

Depth is the most important quality we can possess this season. The importance of depth will be felt by every team.

Comment

Dest-boateng-lucas-Davies
        ---- tolisso--Kimmich
        Sane-----cuisance----odoi
        ----------------Lewy

Maybe even Camavinga in the midfield

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
          Depth is the most important quality we can possess this season. The importance of depth will be felt by every team.
          We don't have depth, but I'm seriously seriously gonna say this: we can just play 1/2 Bayern B + 1/2 Bayern First Teamers in most BuLi matches and win the league comfortably. No point in overburdening Lewy, Müller and the like.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
            We don't have depth, but I'm seriously seriously gonna say this: we can just play 1/2 Bayern B + 1/2 Bayern First Teamers in most BuLi matches and win the league comfortably. No point in overburdening Lewy, Müller and the like.

We have tons of depth, dude, don't be spoiled. There isn't a team in the league (and maybe only 3-4 in Europe) who boast a squad as deep as ours. Yes, I agree with where you're coming from if you mean that our depth is not acceptable, of course we have ample need for improvement too. But as far as our competition goes, our depth (to say nothing of our talent) is going to take us far. Now let's get more of it before this window closes!

Comment

We have tons of depth, dude, don't be spoiled. There isn't a team in the league (and maybe only 3-4 in Europe) who boast a squad as deep as ours. Yes, I agree with where you're coming from if you mean that our depth is not acceptable, of course we have ample need for improvement too. But as far as our competition goes, our depth (to say nothing of our talent) is going to take us far. Now let's get more of it before this window closes!
              Mmmmm no we don't?

I mean:

A) we only have an unproven academy kid as a striker backup. Most big teams have at least two good strikers.

B) we have 3 wingers but one is almost permanently injured. Other teams have 4 or so.

C) we don't have a CAM backup (unless we take one of our wingers out of the wings). I don't particularly care about this one because we can just add another midfielder.

D) we have don't have a RB backup. None at all.

E) we nominally have a bunch (5) of senior CBs but 2 of those play exclusively at FB, one should have left 3 years ago and the other is not really a CB at all and does too many mistakes.

Overall, we're one injury away of not having ANY wingers on the bench. One injury away from having a grand total of 1 midfielder on the bench. 1 injury away from having no RB at all.

I'm also not satisfied with the quality of our defense. Davies rocks, the rest... Not so much.

PD: didn't see you said "in the league", but I think that is largely irrelevant. The league is at this point just a filler for the CL.

Comment

The simple, undeniable reality is that we have two near-world class options for almost every position on the pitch. Congratulations, you've managed to pinpoint a few areas we can improve in, while ignoring all the other areas where we have immense depth.

No RB back-up? Pavard, Kimmich, and Dest is incoming. Boateng can play there in a pinch. We're set.

No defense generally? Just because YOU don't rate Sule doesn't mean the rest of the thinking world agrees with you. We're set.

And most importantly of all: The league is largely irrelevant? Excuse me? How can you possibly be this deluded? Where do the majority of games take place over the course of a season? Where do the majority of players get injured? Where do the majority of a player's minutes come from? Dude, the league is the heart and soul of a team's season. The Champions league is won or lost by how well a team manages their stamina throughout the course of their domestic league. Having the depth to succeed in the BuLi is the singlemost important thing for Bayern's success in Europe this season.

Comment

The simple, undeniable reality is that we have two near-world class options for almost every position on the pitch. Congratulations, you've managed to pinpoint a few areas we can improve in, while ignoring all the other areas where we have immense depth.

No RB back-up? Pavard, Kimmich, and Dest is incoming. Boateng can play there in a pinch. We're set.

No defense generally? Just because YOU don't rate Sule doesn't mean the rest of the thinking world agrees with you. We're set.

And most importantly of all: The league is largely irrelevant? Excuse me? How can you possibly be this deluded? Where do the majority of games take place over the course of a season? Where do the majority of players get injured? Where do the majority of a player's minutes come from? Dude, the league is the heart and soul of a team's season. The Champions league is won or lost by how well a team manages their stamina throughout the course of their domestic league. Having the depth to succeed in the BuLi is the singlemost important thing for Bayern's success in Europe this season.
                  We don't have 2 nearly world class players for each position how can you possibly say that:

ST: 1 WC player
                  LW: 2 (let's count Coman as WC just for conversation sake)
                  CAM: 1
                  RW: 1
                  LM: 1 (Kimmich)
                  RM: Goretzka + Tolisso
                  LB: 2
                  LCB: 2
                  RCB: 2 (gonna be generous and give you Boateng here)
                  RB: 1 (you don't get to count Kimmich as a RB anymore fgs)
                  GK: 1

By my count, out of 11 positions we have 6 in which there is a single "nearly" world class or better. That's a ceiling. Coman is neither WC nor ever available. There are other positions I would question but not as important.

I say the league is largely a filler because I honestly think we could win it by playing 1/2 of Bayern B + 1/2 of the seniors each game. We won it with Kovac. That says it all.

Last edited by PCapitalist; 25-09-2020, 05:18.

Comment

ST: 1 WC player, one needed
                    LW/RW: 3 great players, one needed
                    CAM: 2 (Muller and Goretzka)
                    CM: 4 (Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Cuisance)
                    LB: 3 (Alaba, Davies, Hernandez)
                    RB: 2 (Pavard and yes I absolutely get to count Kimmich, he just schooled Barca, Lyon, and PSG in the CL!)
                    GK: 2 (Ulreich is one of the best back-ups in the world)

As far as I see it, we need a winger and a fullback. A CM would be nice. A striker is a must, but I've said that for half a decade now.

But let's stop beating around the bush here. My comment had one purpose only: to point out that the covid crunch of playing more games with less preparation has now put depth at a never-before-seen premium. Depth is extremely valuable right now because all of the best teams in the world are going to be playing a lot more games in a lot less time - and the majority of those games, like it or not, are going to be league games. Bayern's depth is going to save us. We have better quality in our depth right now than almost all the top teams in Europe except for maybe 3-4.

Comment

I was typing a long-winded response to your post, but I got bored.

Your accounting of depth is ludicrous. An injury to Kimmich, Lewy, Pavard or Neuer is season over (CL)* immediately. An injury to Sane, Gnabry or Mueller is 75% season over.

Our squad is not deep. It just isn't.

* As I already stated, winning BuLi is a foregone conclusion. Empirical evidence shows that even with the worst trainer of the last decade we still won it.

Comment

Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                        I was typing a long-winded response to your post, but I got bored.

Your accounting of depth is ludicrous. An injury to Kimmich, Lewy, Pavard or Neuer is season over (CL)* immediately. An injury to Sane, Gnabry or Mueller is 75% season over.

Our squad is not deep. It just isn't.

* As I already stated, winning BuLi is a foregone conclusion. Empirical evidence shows that even with the worst trainer of the last decade we still won it.

Classic example of ignoring the actual argument because you have none yourself. You got bored? What a bunch if disrespectful hot air. No, you lost the argument because you decided to ignore my point not once, not twice, but three times now.

For the FOURTH time: with a condensed schedule, depth in the LEAGUE becomes even more important. No amount of bitching on your end is going to change the fact that you have literally 0 argument against what I have to say and are much more interested in bashing your own players.

Comment

Our depth is being skinned ffs. One winger in and two out. We have three actual wingers (not counting Müller as one) and since the walking muscle tear Coman is one of them we have merely two. Sané nor Gnabry will be able to play each and single game without some kind of injury. It's just not good enough to be forced to play with Müller as a winger as last night.

Lewy as the lone striker is a problem but the board seems to be content with Zirkzee as back up, but he needs to be given more play time.

On the COM-position we have depth as both Goretzka and Tolisso both are suitable if Müller gets injured or has to move to the right.

Also, Goretzka/Tolisso is good as the box to box CM.

For the controlling, build up playmaker we have only Kimmich and that's not enough. If he gets injured our midfield is broken. Perhaps Alaba would suffice but it's possible that he departs from the team. Either way it's not optimal and since the Thiago move has been a fact for several months I thought that the board had a done deal with a replacement, but doesn't seem like it. Also, Kimmich himself at this position - Sevilla made it clear that he's a poor man's Thiago. He has great play IQ, a great right foot but he is far too slow in movwment to be our first choice for that position. Also his shot release time is glacier. But he will never be replaced as long as he stays at the club and honestly there's no one that can match Thiago anyhow. It blows. But another CM with play making abilities is a must. Our whole system rely on it.

With Javi gone our CB roster is thin if Alaba also leaves. If he leaves we must sign a CB. Also we must understand that Süle comes from a severe injury and both Lucas and Boateng has proven to be very injury prone.

The LB position is fine as we have three options or two if Alaba leaves. Two players for each position must be the default.

The RB is a glaring hole. If Pavard gets injured or needs to play as a CB we're toasted as Kimmich needs to move to the right which he cannot do since we don't have another playmaker.

At the least one winger and a RB needs to be signed no matter what.

Flick has spoken openly about this and if the board doesn't listen and the season goes to shit, then it's not on Flick. I like that, that he speaks out about this stuff. Put pressure on the cheap geezers at the board.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lahmforrb View Post
                            Our depth is being skinned ffs. One winger in and two out. We have three actual wingers (not counting Müller as one) and since the walking muscle tear Coman is one of them we have merely two. Sané nor Gnabry will be able to play each and single game without some kind of injury. It's just not good enough to be forced to play with Müller as a winger as last night.

Lewy as the lone striker is a problem but the board seems to be content with Zirkzee as back up, but he needs to be given more play time.

On the COM-position we have depth as both Goretzka and Tolisso both are suitable if Müller gets injured or has to move to the right.

Also, Goretzka/Tolisso is good as the box to box CM.

For the controlling, build up playmaker we have only Kimmich and that's not enough. If he gets injured our midfield is broken. Perhaps Alaba would suffice but it's possible that he departs from the team. Either way it's not optimal and since the Thiago move has been a fact for several months I thought that the board had a done deal with a replacement, but doesn't seem like it. Also, Kimmich himself at this position - Sevilla made it clear that he's a poor man's Thiago. He has great play IQ, a great right foot but he is far too slow in movwment to be our first choice for that position. Also his shot release time is glacier. But he will never be replaced as long as he stays at the club and honestly there's no one that can match Thiago anyhow. It blows. But another CM with play making abilities is a must. Our whole system rely on it.

With Javi gone our CB roster is thin if Alaba also leaves. If he leaves we must sign a CB. Also we must understand that Süle comes from a severe injury and both Lucas and Boateng has proven to be very injury prone.

The LB position is fine as we have three options or two if Alaba leaves. Two players for each position must be the default.

The RB is a glaring hole. If Pavard gets injured or needs to play as a CB we're toasted as Kimmich needs to move to the right which he cannot do since we don't have another playmaker.

At the least one winger and a RB needs to be signed no matter what.

Flick has spoken openly about this and if the board doesn't listen and the season goes to shit, then it's not on Flick. I like that, that he speaks out about this stuff. Put pressure on the cheap geezers at the board.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk
                            So we need one winger, rb, striker, and maybe CM, as I already said. You’re telling me 4 players short of utter perfection is poor depth?

Thanks for playing.

Comment

Classic example of ignoring the actual argument because you have none yourself. You got bored? What a bunch if disrespectful hot air. No, you lost the argument because you decided to ignore my point not once, not twice, but three times now.

For the FOURTH time: with a condensed schedule, depth in the LEAGUE becomes even more important. No amount of bitching on your end is going to change the fact that you have literally 0 argument against what I have to say and are much more interested in bashing your own players.
                              Right, you want to look at it from the rotation perspective. I answer rotation is not a concern because we can play literally anyone in the league and still win. Hell, we could field Uli Hoeneß instead of Müller and still win. Rotation is not the problem, it's injuries. We have a thin squad because if one of the players I mentioned gets injured, then we don't have any CL-level alternatives. For some positions (RB, controlling DM) we don't have any alternatives at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X