• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was on Flick ... A weird formation just to bench Roca

Anyway, let's now focus on the CL

Comment

We were slow, tired and out of shape.

Manu was the only player to consider for MOTM, Musiala was te bright spark because he visibly had more energy and was eager to impress but otherwise wasn't that great. All the others were ranging from mediocre to terrible. Muller and Pavard were like zombies... Sane forgot how to play football, looked like some kid from the backyard, I can't figure out what's wrong with him and Pavard. Costa more frustrating than Coman.

Let's hope we'll bounce back vs VfB.That international break didn't do us any good.

Re: Sarr, I'd play him over Pavard, that's for sure. Pavard didn't even care to track back, if it wasn't for Goretzka's last ditch tackle, we coud've lost this.
      Last edited by Chucky; 21-11-2020, 17:36.

Comment

Without Kimmich and Thiago we have absolutely no transition on the ball in attack. It is up to our CB open up the play, and when your CBs are Boateng and Martinez thats a disaster at the get go.

I just can understand why is Flick hanging to the same players so stubbornly when its just not working. Martinez in midfield or defence is not working. I mean ffs Rocca cant be THAT unprepared to start. We have had Ottls starting for us in midfield.

This will come to bite Flick. He cant go with this. Musiala starts and than subbed. Muller was awful whole game and played full 90 min.

Where is Nianzou the best defensive talent in the world? Boateng and Pavard were dead man walking. It was awful to watch.

In such a set-up as an opponent you only need to lines of 4, watch for crosses and you will be good against Bayern. Its so predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Holy shit how much we lack creativity at central midfield. It's so bad that Boa and Javi gets to manage our build up and they're horrible at it.

But that doesn't excuse that everyone bar Neuer was utter shit today. I guess, in terms of rotation, there's a limit and it's sad that Flick is forced to make such changes because of the extremely tight schedule.

Bremen was the better team today.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Comment

Not home to watch the game so can’t speak for the game and how we played.

But just from seeing the starting formation already gave me the feeling it would be a stinker. I love you Hansi but you gotta stop your fetish for Javi. He’s done and dusted. I love the guy but he should not be starting games for us anymore when we have other options. Is Roca so poor that he can’t start over a 32 year old Javi? Strange why we then invested money in him.

Give Roca a chance to prove himself at least. If Javi starts next game against Salzburg then he (Roca), will never get his chance.

Comment

Other than Neuer I thought Goretzka was pretty good as a one man CM. Musiala showed some bright touches, but sometimes tried to do too much. Sane had a couple bad first time touches again when he came on, but he was better than Gnabry who was nowhere to be seen, I think it was a mistake to throw three new forwards all at the same time.

4-2-3-1 with Roca-Goretzka in midfield would have been much more balanced probably but oh well.

Comment

I'm enjoying how this season has taught us that both Kimmich AND Thiago were essential to our success. Really proud that I bought their jerseys after the treble, first purchase in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                  I'm enjoying how this season has taught us that both Kimmich AND Thiago were essential to our success. Really proud that I bought their jerseys after the treble, first purchase in years.
                  It still hurts that he left.

Skickat från min CLT-L29 via Tapatalk

Comment

For those not keeping tabs on the other leagues, go look at the tables right now. Bayern are the only top team in first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                      For those not keeping tabs on the other leagues, go look at the tables right now. Bayern are the only top team in first place.
                      Although we have been clearly poor in two (or possibly more) Bundesliga games this season I wonder just how much the compressed final four matches in last season's Champion's League plus the International breaks with FC Bayern players appearing heavily have taken out of some of our 'better' players. Has there been a 'drop off' from the high level of concentration, motivation and performance from the final against PSG?

Having supported FC Bayern since the mid 1960's and experienced many highs and lows we should all remember that we are top of the Bundesliga and are 100% in the Champion's League.

On signings all FC Bayern supporters should consider that a small number of very good footballers and a few top prospects are available to a select group of, say, twelve clubs throughout Europe.

Comment

What a rubbish game, hate the international break... I really miss Thiago.

edinburgh1966 I love that you've been a fan for so long, you've seen so many legends come and go

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
                          What a rubbish game, hate the international break... I really miss Thiago.

edinburgh1966 I love that you've been a fan for so long, you've seen so many legends come and go
                          DanaSchofield ...... thankfully many of our finest players have continued to provide 'service' to FC Bayern in many different positions. I have been racking my bonce and this seems to be one case where FC Bayern are unique in European football. My interest started with Franz Beckenbauer (not unsurprisingly) and at that distant time a wee laddie could only find details of non British players from the 'Topical Times' Christmas annual and from trips to your local public library.

Comment

Originally posted by edinburgh1966 View Post

DanaSchofield ...... thankfully many of our finest players have continued to provide 'service' to FC Bayern in many different positions. I have been racking my bonce and this seems to be one case where FC Bayern are unique in European football. My interest started with Franz Beckenbauer (not unsurprisingly) and at that distant time a wee laddie could only find details of non British players from the 'Topical Times' Christmas annual and from trips to your local public library.
                            edinburgh1966 That's so cool, I wonder if it isn't too much work whether you would consider trying to make a list of your top 10 (or whatever number) Bayern players of all time. It's easy for us to rank, for example, Neuer above Meier or Robben ahead of Rummenigge but I would love to see your take on the subject as someone who actually grew up watching these players

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post

edinburgh1966 That's so cool, I wonder if it isn't too much work whether you would consider trying to make a list of your top 10 (or whatever number) Bayern players of all time. It's easy for us to rank, for example, Neuer above Meier or Robben ahead of Rummenigge but I would love to see your take on the subject as someone who actually grew up watching these players
                              DanaSchofield ..... strangely this cropped up when some of my pals, many of whom support Hibernian FC, were naming their best eleven ..... here goes .....

Goalkeeper .... very difficult as 3 stick out; Sepp Maier, Oliver Kahn and Manuel Neuer. Solely for the pleasure given to me (and my Mum) in a wee Italian restaurant in Munchen watching the 2001 Champion's League Final (penalty shoot out) it is OLIVER KAHN for me.

Defence (4 -4 -2) .... Philipp Lahm .... Franz Beckenbauer ...... Hans-Georg Schwarzbeck ..... (first difficult outfield choice) Bixente Lizarazu or Paul Breitner

Midfield ...... Bastian Schweinsteiger ,,,,, Lothar Matthaus ...... Michael Ballack or Stefan Effenberg ..... Paul Breitner or Arjen Robben

Attack ...... Gerd Muller ..... Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

I once contributed to 'my best eleven' ever with Kahn, Gerd Muller and NINE times Paul Breitner!

Some difficult omissions ..... Willy Sagnol, Giovane Elber, Uli Hoeness, Mehmet Scholl, Roy Makaay, Thomas Muller, Paulo Sergio and Lucio.

Not quite there yet ...... Joshua Kimmich

You will notice one glaring omission ..... Robert Lewandowski! I believe his goal scoring record should be even greater and that he has 'failed' in many matches in the later stages of the Champion's League. To his credit his all round play and link up play has improved greatly in the past 18 months.

When considering our great Centre Forwards every supporter should start with Gerd Muller's goal scoring record both for FC Bayern and West Germany ..... just the greatest ever!

Remember .... it is all a matter of opinion!

Cheers .... Kenny
                              Last edited by edinburgh1966; 25-11-2020, 12:57.

Comment

Working...
                              X