Originally posted by fneon View Post
    He can miss it, but it has to be straight red card
    yeah, but we were talking about the yellow cards rule

Leave a comment:

• fneon
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    yes
    A player can miss the 1st leg of the SF due to yellow cards, but he won't miss the SF 2nd leg or the final
    He can miss it, but it has to be straight red card

Leave a comment:

• misafeco
    replied
    Yeah, it's a good idea to reward those teams which play fair, but there is a big possibility that some players will miss important matches without earning it.

Leave a comment:

• kailip
    replied
    This accumulated bookings rule is hella dumb and just potentially ruins matches by not having key players available to play deep into the tournament.

Wouldn't be dumb if refs were good and football's rules weren't so damn subjective, so it would be pretty consistent. But refs are shit and so are the rules therefore the possibility for a player to lose an important match without deserving it is very real and that's just a bummer.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    Then no, that's not what I'm saying at all. Let me try to explain it better and see if you still disagree.

When a player begins the CL campaign they may accumulate 2 yellow cards before they are suspended after receiving a 3rd. When they return from the ban, they continue to play as normal, except this time they are allowed only one yellow card before receiving a ban.

For example, imagine a player accrues 3 yellows in the first 3 games of the 6-game group stage. He sits out the fourth game and returns for the fifth, where he picks up a yellow card again. On game six, he picks up his second yellow card (remember, he only needs 2 now) and will miss the first leg of the knockouts.

Got it?

Ok cool. Now, imagine if a player gets 2 yellow cards before getting his third and bannable yellow in the first leg of the quarter finals. He misses the second leg. The team advances and he gets a yellow card in each of the semi-finals - two yellows, two games. But now, if the 2-card rule holds, he WILL miss the final because he only needed two cards, not three to be banned.

Was this rule changed?

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Source? Because I am not aware that they changed the accumulation rules for subsequent suspensions.
    Here.

49.04 Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
    Nope, yellow cards suspension count gets reset at semi-finals, would need 3 yellows in two matches to miss the finals on yellow.
    Source? Because I am not aware that they changed the accumulation rules for subsequent suspensions.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    This isn't entirely true by my understanding. If a player has been suspended for 3 yellow cards, their next suspension happens at 2 cards. So hypothetically, if someone is yellow-suspended in the quarter finals, sits out a match, and then gets a yellow card in each of the two semi-finals, they will miss final.

Can't happen for us thankfully, but it could have had someone picked up their third yellow in the 1st leg of the Beskitas draw.
    Nope, yellow cards suspension count gets reset at semi-finals, would need 3 yellows in two matches to miss the finals on yellow.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    yes
    A player can miss the 1st leg of the SF due to yellow cards, but he won't miss the SF 2nd leg or the final
    This isn't entirely true by my understanding. If a player has been suspended for 3 yellow cards, their next suspension happens at 2 cards. So hypothetically, if someone is yellow-suspended in the quarter finals, sits out a match, and then gets a yellow card in each of the two semi-finals, they will miss final.

Can't happen for us thankfully, but it could have had someone picked up their third yellow in the 1st leg of the Beskitas draw.

Leave a comment:

• schweini
    replied
    Heynckes wins 11 consecutive games in UCL - the man deserves a beer filled UCL trophy

Leave a comment:

• misafeco
    replied
    Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
    I just thought yellow cards would be cancelled into the SF, maybe I got it wrong.
    They are cancelled AFTER the 2nd leg of quarter finals.
    from what I understood, the yellow cards will be canceled in the semi-finals
    So when a team reach the semi-final, all the players will play the SF as if they have 0 yellow cards
    But if a player already got 3 yellow cards before the SF, he will miss the 1st leg (I could be wrong anyway)
    This is correct.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X