This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
    It's no secret that Spanish/Latin players have to perform 3x as good as their German counterparts to get the same credit here.

COME AT ME BZ I DARE YOU
    I challenge this statement, only a handful of BZ members were guilty of favoring German players over foreigners, and the two of them are currently inactive in the forum.
    the same people I see criticizing Thiago for his lack of effort in big games also hail James (Latin) as our current best player, praise Martinez as our best CDM (Spanish) & criticize Muller (German) when he plays bad.
    I think Thiago didn't play a good match yesterday despite the goal, but I don't put the blame on him, because the whole team was absent.
    Thiago's performance yesterday is just like Ribery's of late, he maybe score or make an assist but he's largely invisible or poor for the rest of the match.

PS: you still think Hector isn't better than Bernat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
      Yellow cards wont matter for the semi-final right?

For example if Lewa gets yellow in the second leg against Sevilla he will still be able to play in the semi-final first leg or?
      He will miss the first leg in that case.

In danger:
      Lewandowski
      Kimmich
      Boateng
      Ribery
      Tolisso
      Rudy
      http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...ml#order=4desc
      (filter for Bayern players)

Any of the first three missing would be very bad for us. I'd bench Kimmich and Boateng next match and sub Lewy in second half if we are looking good. Süle and Rafinha should be enough at home.

Comment

• One thing is for sure, even though Javi and Vidal together look like we will be better defensively on paper it doesnt end up like that on the field. Real is playing with one defensive player casemiro and kroos and modric. We should either go with Javi,Thiago and james or vidal,thiago and james. In the second option Vidal should be instructed to stay deeper in our half

Comment

• Originally posted by bayern_fan View Post
          One thing is for sure, even though Javi and Vidal together look like we will be better defensively on paper it doesnt end up like that on the field. Real is playing with one defensive player casemiro and kroos and modric. We should either go with Javi,Thiago and james or vidal,thiago and james. In the second option Vidal should be instructed to stay deeper in our half
          No Vidal = Our best formation.

Javi is beasting, Thiago is class in the 8 role (his best) and James as 10.

There's no scenario anyone can paint that works justify removing any of those 3 in favor of Vidal

Comment

• Even as a big Vidal fan it seems the best would be a Thiago - Javi - James midfield at least as things stand right now.

It might change again.

Comment

• Yellow cards get reset once the Quarterfinals are over...aka everybody is good

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
                Even as a big Vidal fan it seems the best would be a Thiago - Javi - James midfield at least as things stand right now.

It might change again.
                I think against Barca and Real, especially, in away match we need Vidal's fighting spirit alongside Martinez' possession reading skills. Since you only want to survive the away game and get a reasonably good result at their home. One of the Pep's biggest mistakes was trying to win even away games which year after year exposed us to those kind of defeats. What we did yesterday is the way to go. Minimum effort, not taking injuries and cards, killing opponent at home.
                Who honestly cares about playing nice anyways. We are sitting here hoping for dominant displays, while year after year Real is winning CL disgracefully, by getting Gent and Wolfsburg(actually lost 4-3 in Berbabeu IIRC) and with referees destroying their opponents. Who cares if yesterday was not beautiful. We won against an opponent at their home which were winning against Barca if it was not for Messi's introduction.

Comment

• It's was not easy as Jupp choices were awful.

Bernat ? Like I said for 5 years, is a joke. There is 15 better left-back in Bundesliga.

Vidal + Martinez ? It does not work when you have possession.

Martinez ? Amazing takle in the area and great chance. But except that ? No creativity, played like a 3rd CB. Thanks we had Ribéry, Thiago and James.

By the way, our best midfield would be : James, Vidal, Thiago. But Jupp does not look ready to use that. Sadly.

Boateng was average. And I'm cool about that. I can't count how many bad passes or duels he lost ...

Satisfaction (but not at 100% for any of them) : Ulreich, Hummels, Rafinha, James, Thiago Ribéry.

I hope a different line-up and a different game plan in the second leg ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                    I challenge this statement, only a handful of BZ members were guilty of favoring German players over foreigners, and the two of them are currently inactive in the forum.
                    the same people I see criticizing Thiago for his lack of effort in big games also hail James (Latin) as our current best player, praise Martinez as our best CDM (Spanish) & criticize Muller (German) when he plays bad.
                    I think Thiago didn't play a good match yesterday despite the goal, but I don't put the blame on him, because the whole team was absent.
                    Thiago's performance yesterday is just like Ribery's of late, he maybe score or make an assist but he's largely invisible or poor for the rest of the match.

PS: you still think Hector isn't better than Bernat?
                    Haha don't take me too seriously. There has always been a few anti-latin members here, but you're right they're mostly inactive or inconsistent. Nonethless, I don't think inconsistency necessarily means anything. People who hate Thiago for his ethnicity but praise James aren't people I take seriously anyway, so why should I expect them to be consistent

And yeah - that goal Bernat conceded here was textbook Hector every match. Bernat was awful, but you can expect the same or worse from Hector unfortunately. If we want to replace Bernat, it should be with a superior player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fussballgott View Post
                      It's was not easy as Jupp choices were awful.

Bernat ? Like I said for 5 years, is a joke. There is 15 better left-back in Bundesliga.

Martinez ? Amazing takle in the area and great chance. But except that ? No creativity, played like a 3rd CB. Thanks we had Ribéry, Thiago and James.

By the way, our best midfield would be : James, Vidal, Thiago. But Jupp does not look ready to use that. Sadly.

Boateng was average. And I'm cool about that. I can't count how many bad passes or duels he lost ...

Satisfaction (but not at 100% for any of them) : Ulreich, Hummels, Rafinha, James, Thiago Ribéry.

Do we really need more creativity when we already have those three on the pitch? Not to mention Boateng, Hummels, and Kimmich who can all spray some really nice long passes. I think that in that case we rather need more defensive stability, which Martinez allows us to have.

Comment

• Our best midfield Vidal, James and Thiago ?

And who defends in that scenario ? Because Vidal always goes forward. He doesn't have the discipline to commit to defence. Not to mention Javi's tackling, more precisely tackling timing is far superior to Vidal's.

So no, our best mid isn't with Vidal, James and Thiago, but with Javi instead of Vidal

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Do we really need more creativity when we already have those three on the pitch? Not to mention Boateng, Hummels, and Kimmich who can all spray some really nice long passes. I think that in that case we rather need more defensive stability, which Martinez allows us to have.
                          Just an opinion.

James Martinez Thiago is an amazing midfield.

But imo James Vidal Thiago would be even better while Vidal Martinez Thiago = awful.

Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                          Our best midfield Vidal, James and Thiago ?

And who defends in that scenario ? Because Vidal always goes forward. He doesn't have the discipline to commit to defence. Not to mention Javi's tackling, more precisely tackling timing is far superior to Vidal's.

So no, our best mid isn't with Vidal, James and Thiago, but with Javi instead of Vidal
                          Don't worry for Vidal, the guy you hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fussballgott View Post
                            It's was not easy as Jupp choices were awful.

Martinez is a destroyer. We don't need his creativity........

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy5Rings View Post
                              Yellow cards get reset once the Quarterfinals are over...aka everybody is good
                              That is something i wanted to hear. Thank god! That means we can absolutely go after them in Munich without any concerns about suspensions.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciriaco View Post
                                That is something i wanted to hear. Thank god! That means we can absolutely go after them in Munich without any concerns about suspensions.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                                I don't think this is true. Yellow cards reset, but if you've already earned a suspension you still serve it.

Comment

Working...
                                X