Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey's right. This is an article from last year.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...2461929.html#/

As of the start of 2014/15, yellow cards accumulated in UEFA club competitions from the beginning of the group stage are wiped out upon completion of the quarter-finals. That means all players left in the competition now have a clean slate, with the exception of those that incurred a suspension in the quarter-final second legs and will miss the semi-final first legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post
      Grey's right. This is an article from last year.

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...2461929.html#/

As of the start of 2014/15, yellow cards accumulated in UEFA club competitions from the beginning of the group stage are wiped out upon completion of the quarter-finals. That means all players left in the competition now have a clean slate, with the exception of those that incurred a suspension in the quarter-final second legs and will miss the semi-final first legs.

100% sure ?

So if no yellow card in Bayern - Sevilla : no suspension because of yellow card in the semi second leg ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fussballgott View Post
        100% sure ?

So if no yellow card in Bayern - Sevilla : no suspension because of yellow card in the semi second leg ?
        Hummels, Kimmich and Lewandowski should be careful otherwise they will miss first leg.

Comment

• to make things clear about the yellow card thing:

yellow cards get reset when you reach the semi-final and not before, so if you already earned 3 yellow cards you can miss the 1st leg of the semi-final

the reset button of the yellow cards is pushed once the final whistle of the quarter-final 2nd leg is blown; so Lewandowski, kimmich & Co. shouldn't get a yellow card in the 2nd leg in order to not miss the 1st leg of the semi-final

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
            to make things clear about the yellow card thing:

yellow cards get reset when you reach the semi-final and not before, so if you already earned 3 yellow cards you can miss the 1st leg of the semi-final

the reset button of the yellow cards is pushed once the final whistle of the quarter-final 2nd leg is blown; so Lewandowski, kimmich & Co. shouldn't get a yellow card in the 2nd leg in order to not miss the 1st leg of the semi-final
            Yes.

That's also mean, in the other way, that if they don't get any yellow card against Sevilla at home, they could not miss the semi-final second leg because of yellow in the semi-final first leg (if Bayern qualify of course).

Comment

Yes.

That's also mean, in the other way, that if they don't get any yellow card against Sevilla at home, they could not miss the semi-final second leg because of yellow in the semi-final first leg (if Bayern qualify of course).
              true
              when you reach the semi-final you will have 0 yellow cards again, and in order to get a suspension you need to collect 3 yellow cards

so you can't miss the semi-final 2nd leg nor the final due to yellow cards accumulation

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                I don't think this is true. Yellow cards reset, but if you've already earned a suspension you still serve it.
                yep .. just like Grey said. if our players get the 3rd yellow in the next match they will have to serve the suspension in the first leg of the semifinal

Comment

• But it's 100% sure ?

I was sure that if you get a yellow in the semifinal first leg you could get suspended for the semifinal second leg ....

Comment

But it's 100% sure ?

I was sure that if you get a yellow in the semifinal first leg you could get suspended for the semifinal second leg ....
                    I'm pretty sure because the article is from
                    uefa.com. They just changed the rules recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                      Hummels, Kimmich and Lewandowski should be careful otherwise they will miss first leg.
                      I'd bench all three tbh

We can field a team strong enough for Sevilla at home without playing them and if things go south they can always be subbed in, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kailip View Post
                        I'd bench all three tbh

We can field a team strong enough for Sevilla at home without playing them and if things go south they can always be subbed in, too.
                        I'd definitely start Lewy and sub him off in case we are safe. Agree with the other 2.

Comment

• Is Hummels or Boateng the one who has 2 yellow cards? or both of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                            Is Hummels or Boateng the one who has 2 yellow cards? or both of them?
                            Hummels i think. He received second against Besiktas 2nd leg.

Comment

• ok I checked the stats, and these players have 2 yellow cards:

Boateng, Kimmich, Lewandowski, Ribery, Rudy, Tolisso

Hummels has only 1 yellow

Comment

• We should play

Ulreich
                                Rafinha - Süle - Hummels - Alaba
                                Thiago - Martinez
                                Robben - James - Müller
                                Lewandowski

Then hopefully we are comfortable enough to sub Lewy in the second half without him getting a yellow

Comment

Working...
                                X