Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thiago's absence clearly effected our midfield stability, but I can't say I'm not satisfied with our game.

Comment

• Stayed up late, it's 0500 here in the Philippines right now and good thing they won. Good win for the club! Hope they ride they wave in the coming fixtures!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
        I'm happy for his goal, but Sanches is a complete liability in midfield. The loose passes, stupid runs, missing teammates - it's really glaring.
        I think that it wouldn't be fair do depict his performance as negative today, he wasn't perfect but he closed the match, the second goal mast almost all from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nils View Post
          I think that it wouldn't be fair do depict his performance as negative today, he wasn't perfect but he closed the match, the second goal mast almost all from him.
          Perhaps, but aside from his goal, he was just error after error after error today. I counted three dangerous attacks from Benfica that were directly a result of his losing the ball trying something brain-dead stupid in an area we couldn't afford to lose the ball.

Comment

• Wtf happened to James when he was subbed off?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post
              Wtf happened to James when he was subbed off?
              Benfica fans yelled at him as he was former Porto player

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                Benfica fans yelled at him as he was former Porto player
                That totally makes sense. But still don't understand why the Benfica's coach acted like James did something terrible to him lol ?

Comment

• We played well? Looking forward to watch the replay.

To win in Lisbon away to Benfica is not easy, and especially not to keep a clean sheet - Kovac deserves a lot of praise so far this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post
                    That totally makes sense. But still don't understand why the Benfica's coach acted like James did something terrible to him lol ?
                    Ah that’s simply due to the fact he was taking too long to walk out of the pitch haha

Comment

• Seemingly he gestured towards Benfica fans to the time they lost 5-0 to Porto, when he was still a Porto player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Seemingly he gestured towards Benfica fans to the time they lost 5-0 to Porto, when he was still a Porto player.
                        Haha that was good James. And Neuer showed his skill moves when Benfica's supporters booed him too. Those are the ways to respond!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Yeah, he was still pretty bad in the first half. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                          And what did you expect in his first game as a starter this season in front of his home fans where he grew up?? It was obvious he was going to be nervous at the beginning.

But he overcame the starting pressure and had a fantastic second half and a goal on top of that. It was a really good game from him in a difficult position and circumanstances.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah, everything you said is mostly true. But your first comment after his basically first good play in the game was so over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                              Seriously Robben could've ended the game with 5 goals
                              So I was just watching Manchester city's highlights and I'm thinking what separates us and teams like City, who need 10,000 clear cut chances to score a goal, with teams like Atletico Madrid who score from the only chance they have the whole game?

Is it the coach? Is it the players? I really like Bayern to be as lethal as them. Watching City's game made my eyes bleed. So many chances wasted and two childish goals conceded. I almost remember a team not long ago, which used to be like this, but which?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X