• Show
Clear All

• OnlyInsider
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanaSchofield
    replied
    Originally posted by edinburgh1966 View Post
    There has got to be a centre back in Europe who is qualified to play in the final stages of the Champion's League who is better than both Boateng and Hummels.

There has just got to be!
    There's hundreds of them

Leave a comment:

• edinburgh1966
    replied
    There has got to be a centre back in Europe who is qualified to play in the final stages of the Champion's League who is better than both Boateng and Hummels.

There has just got to be!

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bassnos
    replied
    Ajax goal is from offside, yes.
    Boa pushing player was penalty.

Two big mistakes of reff last night but it was hard game for reff.
    Players didn’t help him with all of talking about nothing.

Leave a comment:

• schweini
    replied
    best game I've seen so far this season.
    anyway remember how Uli Fatness said that Bernat single handedly cost us the UCL - well the same can be said about Boateng.
    & the amount of times Ribery got dispossessed was ridiculous.
    an O.G. & a penalty due to shaky defense. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Blocking an on-target shot should not and does not magically play an attacker onside of they were not already onside before the shot was taken.

This scoreline is a shanda and UEFA should honestly be embarrassed for themselves for letting it stand.
    Blocking a shot with your body doesn't count as playing the ball, because it's a deliberate save. So yeah, the ref and UEFA have done goof again.

Here

A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

A ‘save’ is when a player stops, or attempts to stop, a ball which is going into or very close to the goal with any part of the body except the hands/arms (unless the goalkeeper within the penalty area).

Leave a comment:

• Bayern Freak
    replied
    I am sorry but Ribery should not start anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Blocking an on-target shot should not and does not magically play an attacker onside of they were not already onside before the shot was taken.

This scoreline is a shanda and UEFA should honestly be embarrassed for themselves for letting it stand.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Some stats:

- We scored 15 goals (only PSG (17) and City (16) scored more) --> an average of 2.5 per game

- We've conceded 5 goals (4 of them against Ajax) --> average of 0.83 per game

- We have the best goal difference in the competition alongside City and Porto (+10)

- Lewandowski is the group stage top scorer with 8 goals. He is the first BL player to score 8 goals in the group stage of the CL

- It's the first time in 10 years we finish the group stage undefeated

Leave a comment:

• Kim
    replied
    Btw from what I’ve seen in this match, De Light is not that great. But De Jong was solid just like what I saw from him on youtube He is so calm at his age and remind me of a ‘more skillful version’ of Toni Kroos (and of course much better at defending and not lazy af)
    Last edited by Kim; 13-12-2018, 00:27.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ciriaco
    replied
    Boateng has to leave this club ASAP...in January!!

Its a meaningless game but we should have won this easily. They were not even that good. I can spare Kovac of criticism due to the fact that he probably wanted not to rush guys like Thiago or Coman..

Cuz otherwise with them in the starting line up we would have crushed Ajax. Coman would have wrecked them as he did in 20 minutes he got.

Subbing Gnabry was stupid also.

Thiago has to go in MF and Kimmich at RB.

With Tolisso and James coming back + Gnabry and Coman we may have an interesting team for the second part of the season.

And if Hasan has any competence I expect at least one promising young player this winter to join us. We need freshness and speed in both defence and attack.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Sakujo
    replied
    we started the game playing on the counter and pulled all our lines back so close to the keeper and this is not the first time we deploy such tactic, so I am a bit confused by the reaction, I've already said that before in our game against Bremn;

Spoiler
    Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
    Kovac's defensive approach is all over the place, in the game against Fortuna Düsseldorf he was trying to play the possession game with high pressure in the opponent's half which meant moving the defensive line very high up the field as well.
    this was evident by two of Fortuna's goals .. it was mind blowing to see our defenders leaving too much space behind them even when we were just one goal ahead.

against Bremn Kovac tried a different approach, our defenders were dropping back which was mind blowing as well, considering we were playing against a mediocre team and we did not need to sit back and absorb pressure, it's not like we were playing Barca or R.Madird or any fast team for that matter.

it was a questionable decision since we were not playing a bigger team, but then again Bremn was not a bigger team as well?!
    the execution was good we could have scored 3 goals at first half, but we also could have conceded as many because of our misplaced passes and defensive errors all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Lahmforrb
    replied
    Originally posted by LookAtTheTime View Post
    With injured players like Thiago and Coman making a return there is some hope

Defense is another level of bad though
    Thiago is not played right though, he's not a playmaker. He should play as a COM. Coman is a blessing though, hopefully Coman and Gnabry will be able to play on each wing continuosly after the winter break.

Boateng would wreck any defence. He has declined rapidly and deep last couple of seasons.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X