Clear All

• FC Chelsea v FC Bayern München

Champions League 2019/20, Round of 16
    FC Chelsea v FC Bayern München

Stadium: Stamford Bridge (London)
    Kick-off: Tuesday, 25 February 2020, 21.00h

Countdown to match start

List of broadcasters

Some decisions to be made until this one... Unless odriozola start our next 2 matches and surprises everyone with great performances, is safe to say Pavard will start as RB. Coman have a good chance of start too showing some good football next weeks (Coutinho really bad as CAM or winger, no Perisic and Müller not good as RW). Trust Boateng is a mistake imo and Flick will have to consider start with Hernandez-Alaba as our cb line. Lets hope Gnabry will step up his form too.

Jorginho-Kante-Kovacic is a good midfield... This game can be more dificult than we think.

11/12 was the season i started to follow Bayern... finale dahoam will never leave my head.

Comment

2013’s supercup final was our revenge and it was so so sweet. This time we get the privilege of thrashing them just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
        2013’s supercup final was our revenge and it was so so sweet. This time we get the privilege of thrashing them just for fun.
        The super cup was not really that much of a revenge, ffs we lost a final against them at home where we were the clear favorites and also played much better. It was one of the most humiliating losses in the history of the club.

A victory in the smallest European cup trophy can simply never make up for that. The only thing that would wash it away would be to get revenge in another CL final against them. Milan was very lucky and fortunate to meet Liverpool again in the 2007, else they would never get the revenge for their disaster in 2005.

It's the same with us and United when talking about Chelsea. We can beat them as much as we want in the CL ko's but they can always brag about that they won the biggest game. Since the final in 1999 we played them 3 times in the CL and advanced every time but was it up to me would it be the other way around any day of the week, mostly because of how we lost that final.

My whole point is I simply don't get how you can see the super cup as some sort of big revenge, it will never set things even unless like I mentioned above we meet them in a new CL final with a different outcome.

I fully agree with Franz here. The "finale dahoam" also gave me PTSD as a Bayern fan.

Comment

The final was 120% revenge, what are you talking about? It was almost literally the reverse performance, we gave them a taste of their own medicine. They kicked our ass all match only to lose to a last second goal that forced penalties. You literally couldn’t have scripted it better.

I don’t care how high-profile that match is outside of Bayern and Chelski fans. The revenge was for US, not for the benefit of some PSG fanboy with no vested interest. Between Bayern and Chelski fans, we ALL saw Chelski get their comeuppance. Honestly the need for even more “revenge” after such a perfectly scripted supercup match just underscores insecurity. We should be able to enjoy trashing Chelski just for fun, not for some overcompensating nonsense about a final that was already avenged.

Comment

The final was 120% revenge, what are you talking about? It was almost literally the reverse performance, we gave them a taste of their own medicine. They kicked our ass all match only to lose to a last second goal that forced penalties. You literally couldn’t have scripted it better.

I don’t care how high-profile that match is outside of Bayern and Chelski fans. The revenge was for US, not for the benefit of some PSG fanboy with no vested interest. Between Bayern and Chelski fans, we ALL saw Chelski get their comeuppance. Honestly the need for even more “revenge” after such a perfectly scripted supercup match just underscores insecurity. We should be able to enjoy trashing Chelski just for fun, not for some overcompensating nonsense about a final that was already avenged.
            What are you talking about?

A super cup match can never be sidelined with a CL match, especially not one that was played at our own fucking stadium. It's not even a contest. Yeah it was nice to win the supercup against them, but no one really remembers it, I hardly do so myself as a Bayern fan.

I only remember that freaking loss against them in 2012. Do you really think Atletico fans care one bit about their 2018 supercup win against Real Madrid when they lost the two previous finals against them? Of course not.

Us scoring against them in extra time or winning in penalties doesn't really wash that away to me. It got nothing to do with insecurity, that's one of the weirdest things I ever heard in this case. You're way too easy too satifsfy if a supercup win is fine for you after losing a CL final at home. It's simply out of my mind how that can ever be enough, it's hardly 10% of being equal to a CL final win.

Guess we just see that totally different. If we manage to trash them this time around will it finally be close to the revenge we rightfully deserves imo.
            Last edited by OnlyInsider; 11-02-2020, 00:26.

Comment

You’re speaking like you’re not a Bayern fan. Revenge isn’t for the benefit on some uninterested PSG fan who had a much higher likelihood of seeing a CL final between two teams that aren’t PSG than a Supercup final between those same teams. No, vengeance is for US. It’s specifically for the ONLY GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH that actually cares about Bayern getting revenge. So the objective comparative importance between a CL Final and a Supercup final is literally as relevant to this question as how many times Zlatan’s dog pooped last night.

Keep in mind the context of our win: coming off the back of our Treble were were gifted the opportunity to put the final cherry on the cake of one of the greatest European runs in history by defeating the team that had humiliated us in the most ironic and poignant way possible. The victory we achieved that day in that way in that match completely satisfied all feelings of revenge I have against Chelsea.

I’m sorry that you’re more interested in how a PSG fan who can’t even remember the 2012 final feels than actual Bayern fans, but I urge you to get over your insecurity about Chelski. Now we just beat them for fun, and that’s sufficient.

Comment

Wtf are you even talking about? It's you who're not even talking like a Bayern fan, but someone who became a fan yesterday if you're not caring one bit about a final we lost at home in the most humiliating fashion and if a supercup match really makes up for that in your universe. I personally couldn't care less for Juventus losing a final against Dortmund in 1997 as I'm not a fan of any of those two, so if a Juventus fan wants revenge for that then fine with me - but I have no interest in other clubs finals, be it PSG or others. I mentioned Milan to give an example what real revenge is to me.

I don't give a shit about what any other fan of other clubs think of the final in 2012 if they even remember it, I care for the sake of my own interests concerning Bayern. For me was the supercup final not enough to wash away that defeat it takes more.

What has that do with insecurity btw? I couldn't care less about the supercup or if you find such a lame ass final enough, put keep on playing the "hard man" like your opinion in this matter is superior or the only right thing and people with other opinions or feelings are pussies because "oh yeah the might supercup is such a revenge", just makes me laugh even more.

Like I said: If we send them out this time around it will make up for it fully.

Comment

Clearly you DO care what other fans think, that’s why you’re arguing the objective meaning of a CL final versus a Supercup final generally, rather than what those specific matches meant to their specific fans. You’re legitimately more interested in how an unaffiliated fan of another club would feel about whether we got revenge and not what Bayern’s fans actually think. Go read the 2013 Supercup matchday thread if you don’t believe me! Using your very clear logic (not snide, I’m serious - it’s very clear) I really don’t believe you when you say a win in the round of 16 would in any way make up for the 2012 loss. After all, aren’t you arguing that the supercup match doesn’t have the prestige of a CL Final? How then does a RO16 match even remotely compare then? And that’s precisely why revenge is measured solely by the subjective feelings of the participants, not this disinterested onlooker who can’t even remember the match(es).

If you want to be insecure about Chelski, that’s on you. I for one don’t feel any need to overcompensate for a loss already compensated. Now it’s just fun!

Comment

The way I see it is very simple, I think both of you have their valid points because how to cope with a loss and how to metabolize it is a merely subjective issue. Myself, for example, I have no hatred towards Chelsea at all. For a very simple reason. I recall the match very well and we've had several chances to win that game any now and then, we simply missed out on each and every single one. But again it's nothing that Bayern didn't have in their legs. We could've brought that cup home anytime we wanted. We simply lost it on our own, it was not Chelsea beating us, it was Bayern beating themselves. That's a pity and it's been a burning scar for me too but that had eventually faded when it turned out to be starting point of the most epic season a Bayern fan had ever had the chance and pleasure to witness. Of course the win in the UEFA Supercup claimed in that fashion was the cherry on the cake because it was our first UEFA Supercup title (which Chelsea had yet to obtain!) and the final was held in Prague (pointing at you, Cech!) where Neuer showed up for good.

The losses that have "devastated" me as a Bayern fan were those occurred when I felt like Bayern were being outclassed. I think of the 0:4-loss at AA vs Real, the 1:3 loss to Liverpool from last year, the 0:2 loss in Madrid vs Inter...not as much for the loss itself per se, you can always lose against other teams belonging to the elite of the European football, that's completely acceptable. It was rather because Bayern were simply not up for it. And that simply can't happen. I have no trouble admitting to have lost to a simply superior team myself indeed, but that can't be the case because competing and challenging other top clubs is simply what Bayern should be for.
                    Last edited by Bayer; 11-02-2020, 02:16.

Comment

Losing in penalties is not humiliating.

Comment

Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                        Losing in penalties is not humiliating.
                        Agreed except in case you take your penalty like a turd (hello Zaza & Pellè lol)

Comment

Clearly you DO care what other fans think, that’s why you’re arguing the objective meaning of a CL final versus a Supercup final generally, rather than what those specific matches meant to their specific fans. You’re legitimately more interested in how an unaffiliated fan of another club would feel about whether we got revenge and not what Bayern’s fans actually think. Go read the 2013 Supercup matchday thread if you don’t believe me! Using your very clear logic (not snide, I’m serious - it’s very clear) I really don’t believe you when you say a win in the round of 16 would in any way make up for the 2012 loss. After all, aren’t you arguing that the supercup match doesn’t have the prestige of a CL Final? How then does a RO16 match even remotely compare then? And that’s precisely why revenge is measured solely by the subjective feelings of the participants, not this disinterested onlooker who can’t even remember the match(es).

If you want to be insecure about Chelski, that’s on you. I for one don’t feel any need to overcompensate for a loss already compensated. Now it’s just fun!
                          How many times do I have to explain it's a personal feeling for me regarding this loss? If other Bayern fans find a supercup win as some kind of equal revenge then fine it's good for them but I just need more. And yes, a R16 is humiliation of them is better than a win in the small supercup.

And how many times do I as well have to explain I don't give a shit about what fans of other clubs think of this loss? It's like you can't comprehend it even though I tried to explain it like 3-4 times now. For me it doesn't have anything to do with insecurity as I don't feel Bayern are inferior to Chelsea in any regard, Bayern is like 10x times the club in most aspects.

You can call it insecurity, overcompensating or whatever you want. You're in no position to say what's right and wrong regarding what the individual fan see as true revenge and it seems I'm not the only one who's not satisfied yet. But yeah, because some few Bayern fans on a forum sees it as that then it must include all Bayern fans and I'm just the odd one here, right? Then lets not ask the millions of Bayern fans around the globe what they think next time as you made your conclussion already from a thread on a forum.

But I'm speaking for deaf ears here it seems as you just don't get my point or choose not to understand it no matter how many times I try to explain it. There for I'm not interested discussing this matter with you anymore as it seems we don't find any common ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayer View Post

Agreed except in case you take your penalty like a turd (hello Zaza & Pellè lol)
                            That shit was funny as hell and one of the most nerve-racking penalty shootouts I ever seen as I wanted Germany to progress - sorry mate

Btw still remember that turd Pelle trying to be smart against Neuer only for totally looking like a fool afterwards lol
                            Last edited by OnlyInsider; 11-02-2020, 11:54.

Comment

Everyone can have closure to revenge differently. Its like grieve and things like that. There's no right or wrong answer. What was revenge for Grey clearly wasn't revenge for OnlyInsider. And that's ok. Don't get why its a debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X