S.S. Lazio 1 - 4 FC Bayern München

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lahmforrb View Post
    I wouldn't take too much from this game.

Also, it's obvious that many players just doesn't care to put in the work weekly in the BL. Much higher intensity tonight.
    I totally agree. We played really well but I'm afraid Lazio made us look like this.

Anyway, this game gave me some hope for this season's CL. We're better than the rest of the teams, except for City.

Comment

• As I mentioned against Frankfurt, second half showed that if we want, we can turn into european champions mode instantly. But for that to happen we need that fire and motivation, which is obviously not present in a games like the one against Bielefeld. And thats fair enough.

I know Lazio is a below par opponent in Europe. But credit given when credit is due. Yes, they gifted goals to us but we ran riot against them. The pressing was spot on, and they were simple not able to deal with. Congrats to the team, it was a perfect performance.

Defensively I have to say this. Against top attackers it can get ugly. Boateng and Alaba are one of the best in Europe at intercepting attacks and clearing possible risky situations. At interceptions and passing they are one of the best defenders. But at tackling and defending they are disaster. I was trying to understand what was Boateng doing tackling the ball like a kung fu master....and missing the ball. He is soooo uncomfortable at tackling the ball, he looks like fighting a snake. Its really stunning how he made such a fantastic career without having any set of knowledge and skill on defensive tackles.

Correa’s goal should have never happened. He HAD to be tackled there. He had like 5 seconds to make a space for himself to shoot inside the box. They were looking at him. Thats unacceptable for defenders.

I am now starting to realise what a massive role had Neuer for last year’s success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post

I totally agree. We played really well but I'm afraid Lazio made us look like this.

Anyway, this game gave me some hope for this season's CL. We're better than the rest of the teams, except for City.
        Ah, the good old "we didn't played as good, the opponent was really bad and made us look better" ...

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 9S usando o Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
          Ah, the good old "we didn't played as good, the opponent was really bad and made us look better" ...

I don't know... I'm happy but I don't want to get high hopes.

Lazio made terrible mistakes, thanks to our pressing game etc. But let's wait and see how we perform in the next few games

Comment

Lazio made terrible mistakes, thanks to our pressing game etc. But let's wait and see how we perform in the next few games
            Agreed. The scary part as we know. Is that it just takes us having an off day like so many clubs have all year in a game, to really hurt us.

I hope we just get up for the big games like we did today.

Comment

Maybe ... It's a tale as old as time though... This was said even after the Barcelona trashing... LoL

Comment

Working...
              X