Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 0 FC Bayern München (3-5 pens)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECORD SIXTH STRAIGHT CUP SEMI FOR FCB

Wednesday evening’s DFB Cup quarter-final in Leverkusen was not only a tense thriller right to the end, the 5-3 penalty shootout victory also set a few competition records. FC Bayern are through to the semi-finals for the sixth season in succession, an unprecedented feat in the long history of the domestic knockout cup. The competition’s most successful team also won an 18th away cup tie in a row, another record. Overall it was Bayern’s 16th straight win in the DFB Cup – one more win would equal the club’s own record of 17 consecutive wins between 1957 and 1968. The longest winning streak in cup history, the 18 straight wins recorded by Fortuna Düsseldorf between 1978 and 1981, is also now within range.
    fcb.de

Comment

• in my eyes there was no MOTM, except maybe neuer because he saved our ass once or twice.. all of our players were terrible except for (i cant believe i'm saying his name) dante and boateng.. no cohesion, no passes, it looked like they were doing everything without looking first, there were soooo many stray passes that i couldnt believe what i was seeing from my beloved team, they just didnt look like themselves.. gotze was yet again one of the worst players on the field

Comment

• Originally posted by kailip View Post
        I disagree strongly about everything you just said.

Müller's technique relies on looking directly to the keeper to see if he's going to jump early. If the GK does jump, he shoots the ball the other way. If not, he just kicks it in one of the bottom sides of the goal.

His PK was so perfect that Leno could never have saved it. If he was to reach the ball, he would have to jump earlier and then Müller would've just shot it the other way. It's a fantastic, very smart way of taking PKs.

He wasn't his best yesterday but he is, to me, a mandatory starter in any Bayern squad. The raumdeuter is essential for Bayern's success and that has nothing to do with luck. He's not the best dribbler, sprinter or passer, but he's smart and he moves brilliantly on the pitch. You only need to look up his goals and assists every year for like 4 or 5 years straight to see how good Müller is. He's also a player that makes a difference in big games. No Bayern starting XI is complete without Müller.
        Why are you wasting your time with dkile dude?

Comment

• I hit the nail with this game prediction. As I said, it was going to be a tightly contested match & that turned out to be true. Right now we are playing conservatively & sometimes that means grinding out results. Leverkusen did really well in intercepting our play & they kept their shape. They attacked as a unit & applied much pressure to close the space in midfield. I enjoyed the game because it was a real test for us. Rafinha made a great clearance & Neuer was the busier GK. But it worked out in the end. Lets move on.

p.s. did anyone notice improvement in Gotze when Thiago entered the pitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex View Post
            in my eyes there was no MOTM, except maybe neuer because he saved our ass once or twice.. all of our players were terrible except for (i cant believe i'm saying his name) dante and boateng.. no cohesion, no passes, it looked like they were doing everything without looking first, there were soooo many stray passes that i couldnt believe what i was seeing from my beloved team, they just didnt look like themselves.. gotze was yet again one of the worst players on the field
            The biggest issue is that Pep never tried any direct tactics before and now when forced to use counter attacks & long balls team absolutely doesn't know how to use them. Even with Robbery, Alaba & Schweini missing we have a pretty strong squad for counter attacks, they just have to be trained for that beforehand. Muller, Lewandowski & Gotze are by far individually better than Kiessling, Bellarabi & Brandt, however they failed to create even one counter attack chance similar to what Leverkusen did a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
              RECORD SIXTH STRAIGHT CUP SEMI FOR FCB

fcb.de
              Pretty good stats. I find it also a bit weird Bayern did not won a cup for 12 years from 1986 until 1998. They did not even make the final. Still record holders.

Just read benatia out for maybe a month. Hope Porto does not smell blood. Yesterday was hard.
              Last edited by Skinny120; 09-04-2015, 23:07.

Comment

• No injuries this game and I'll be somewhat satisfied regardless of the end score.

Comment

Working...
                X