Clear All

• FC Bayern München 4 - 3 TSG Hoffenheim

DFB Pokal 2019/20, Round of 16
    FC Bayern München v TSG Hoffenheim

Stadium: Allianz Arena (Munich)
    Kick-off: Wednesday, 5 February 2019, 20.45h

Countdown to match start

List of broadcasters

Bring on February. It will be so much fun, first Hoffenheim on Wednesday then Leipzig on Sunday for 1st place on the table. Perfect warm-up for Chelski.

How i'd line up for this one:

Neuer
    Odriozola - Boateng - Alaba - Davies
    Kimmich - Thiago
    Gnabry - Muller - Coutinho
    Lewandowski

Comment

Bench Perisic and Goretzka and start Gnabry and Tolisso. Boateng looks bad everytime there is a slightly dangerous situation maybe try pavard as CB and Odriozola as RB. We need to find the perfect line up

Comment

Neuer

Odriozola - Pavard - Alaba - Davies

Kimmich - Thiago
        Gnabry - Muller - Coutinho

Lewandowski

Comment

Gnabry must start. We need him at his best this month. I know he is coming from a injury but if he somehow keep being just a sub or irrelevant for the next weeks we are going to play Perisic LW and Müller RW against Chelsea (probably with Goretzka too), and its honestly not my favorite lineup...

Coutinho desperately needs a good full performance too. You can see that the skill is still with him, but his mindset looks somehow broke/lost... He touchs the ball and you know that he will try to dribble 1, 2 or 3 players until lose it. And he already changed of club, his hairstyle and just got baptized in a new church but looks like all this was not enough to bring his consistency back. And its infuriating because he is technically a fantastic player.

Edit: just saw that Perisic is injured. 4 weeks to heal.
          Last edited by franz; 04-02-2020, 14:43.

Comment

This could be an ideal game for Coutinho to regain the confidence before the bigger matches agains Leipzig and Chelsea, in which he could (and should) be one our game-changers. As you say Franz we will be needing him in his optimal form and good mindset and since he's the kind of player who needs to be reassured by the coach and feel important, I'm afraid more bench warming would only underline his confidence even further. He's been lacking self assurance from the start. I thought that his incredible performance against Werder would be the major stepping stone for him as a Bayern player and he'll be more at ease, but apparently it didn't change much for him. He still tries too hard, does too much on his own, gets lost in unnecessary dribbles or shoots from impossible situations time and again. Let's hope he starts and has a good game. As long as he stays here, we should be using him especially against our biggest opponents, after all that's why he was brought in in the first place.

Comment

RB Leipzig are out. Schalke and BVB are down by 1 goal. If those 3 are eliminated, the pokal should be ours we have no excuse

Comment

Schalke and BVB are both behind by 2 goals.

Comment

So Dortmund and energy drink out of the DFB Pokal, which means we have two less of the toughest opponents to worry about. Now they can focus fully on the BL though.

But we should really win the 20th cup this year with the two biggest rivals out.

Comment

Lewa

Gnabry Coutinho Muller

Kimmich Tilisso

Davies Boateng Pavard Odriozolla

Neuer

Comment

Brazzo and pointless signings.

Comment

If Odriozola doesn´t get to play in this match I have to question why we loaned him...

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander View Post
                          If Odriozola doesn´t get to play in this match I have to question why we loaned him...
                          To shut up Flick. He's been asking for a defender whole January and he got one he probably wasn't ever thinking about.

Comment

Neueer
                            Pavard - Boateng - Alaba - Davies
                            Kimmich - Tolisso
                            Muller - Coutinho - Gnabry
                            Lewa
                            Honestly pretty solid lineup. As others said I would have preferred Odriozola RB with Pavard at CB, but I'm not too disappointed. Maybe would have been nice to rest Lewa for Leipzig and only used him if we needed a goal in the second half.

Comment

Joshua Kimmich makes his 200th Bayern appereance tonight. He won 150 games.

Comment

Working...
                              X