Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#17 Jérôme Boateng

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by EM1R View Post
    Was a bit sad when i realized he's playing one of his last games for Bayern last night. He wasn't at his best for quite a long time now, but will always remember him as one of the best defenders in our recent history. Legend.
    True story!

    Comment


    • I think we're calling players 'legend' far too easy.
      People who I call legends are people who 100% identify with our club.
      Not just being a good player for some years.
      It might be just me, but I never saw a true Bayern gen kinda player in Boateng.
      I respect him for the very good plays he had here. But it's not like I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.

      Comment


      • Beckenbauer is a legend. Neuer will become when he will stop, not Boateng in my opinion, but one of the greatest for sure.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
          I think we're calling players 'legend' far too easy.
          People who I call legends are people who 100% identify with our club.
          Not just being a good player for some years.
          It might be just me, but I never saw a true Bayern gen kinda player in Boateng.
          I respect him for the very good plays he had here. But it's not like I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.
          I’m not at all sure this is true. What about players like Matthaus? Elber? Makaay? Even your namesake Effenberg doesn’t quite meet your lofty requirements.

          I’m going to miss Boateng, but frankly I’ve been missing Boateng for 3 seasons now even though he’s still nominally on our payroll. Whether the man himself is a Bayern legend, his achievements with the club in 2013 were legendary and his enormous contribution to this success is not going to be forgotten. Every single starting player on that team has a claim as something of a Bayern legend, even Dante.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Grey View Post
            I’m not at all sure this is true. What about players like Matthaus? Elber? Makaay? Even your namesake Effenberg doesn’t quite meet your lofty requirements.

            I’m going to miss Boateng, but frankly I’ve been missing Boateng for 3 seasons now even though he’s still nominally on our payroll. Whether the man himself is a Bayern legend, his achievements with the club in 2013 were legendary and his enormous contribution to this success is not going to be forgotten. Every single starting player on that team has a claim as something of a Bayern legend, even Dante.
            Lol, Dante had a better long pass accuracy than Pirlo that season. If I'm not mistaken. That team was just gold.

            Comment


            • I also don’t see Boateng as a Bayern legend, but he was part of a treble winning team and for that he will always have a huge star in our history books.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
                I think we're calling players 'legend' far too easy.
                People who I call legends are people who 100% identify with our club.
                Not just being a good player for some years.
                It might be just me, but I never saw a true Bayern gen kinda player in Boateng.
                I respect him for the very good plays he had here. But it's not like I'm gonna miss him when he's gone.
                Originally posted by Grey View Post
                I’m not at all sure this is true. What about players like Matthaus? Elber? Makaay? Even your namesake Effenberg doesn’t quite meet your lofty requirements.

                I’m going to miss Boateng, but frankly I’ve been missing Boateng for 3 seasons now even though he’s still nominally on our payroll. Whether the man himself is a Bayern legend, his achievements with the club in 2013 were legendary and his enormous contribution to this success is not going to be forgotten. Every single starting player on that team has a claim as something of a Bayern legend, even Dante.
                two great points.
                I also don't see Boateng as a club legend. yet some of the names Grey named is certainly considered at least by me as club Legends.
                for that reason I think I'll avoid making a specific criteria, because it's more of a feeling than a logic for me. which isn't something bad I think because this sport gather so much attention because of passion, which is a feeling.

                so for me to call a player a legend two things must be achieved; for me to relate to that player, and for the player to have a successful era with the team.
                it's more of a player which I can relate to for specific reasons (specific to me) whether it's a personality trait or a sporting reasons for example; O.Kahn.
                you see, I used to play as GK, and I had so much passion for it and
                Spoiler
                Yes, I was really good


                the reason why I cheered for Germany was Andreas Köpke, his saves made me cheer for Germany, then when he stepped down soon after, I looked for the next big thing, and it was O.Kahn, who in turn led me to Bayern.
                so for me, O.Kahn is a LEGEND. my heart still skips few beats in joy everytime I remember his saves back in 2001. probably one of the happiest days of my life. LOL!

                other players from the time I cheered for Bayern in which I identify as Bayern Legends are;
                Basti, G.Elber, Effenberg, S.Kuffour, Ribery & Robben.

                I think Kimmich is a legend in the making, I just hope that he does get lucky and his career doesn't get screwed by bad board decisions and bad coaching staff.
                Last edited by Sakujo; 26-04-2019, 01:00.

                Comment


                • He's going to earn his red jacket one day, that i'm sure.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                    two great points.
                    I also don't see Boateng as a club legend. yet some of the names Grey named is certainly considered at least by me as club Legends.
                    for that reason I think I'll avoid making a specific criteria, because it's more of a feeling than a logic for me. which isn't something bad I think because this sport gather so much attention because of passion, which is a feeling.

                    so for me to call a player a legend two things must be achieved; for me to relate to that player, and for the player to have a successful era with the team.
                    it's more of a player which I can relate to for specific reasons (specific to me) whether it's a personality trait or a sporting reasons for example; O.Kahn.
                    you see, I used to play as GK, and I had so much passion for it and
                    Spoiler
                    Yes, I was really good


                    the reason why I cheered for Germany was Andreas Köpke, his saves made me cheer for Germany, then when he stepped down soon after, I looked for the next big thing, and it was O.Kahn, who in turn led me to Bayern.
                    so for me, O.Kahn is a LEGEND. my heart still skips few beats in joy everytime I remember his saves back in 2001. probably one of the happiest days of my life. LOL!

                    other players from the time I cheered for Bayern in which I identify as Bayern Legends are;
                    Basti, G.Elber, Effenberg, S.Kuffour, Ribery & Robben.

                    I think Kimmich is a legend in the making, I just hope that he does get lucky and his career doesn't get screwed by bad board decisions and bad coaching staff.


                    Y no Lahm as legend bby?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                      Y no Lahm as legend bby?
                      The answer you seek is within my post. I simply did not relate to him as a player.

                      He was a great player. Well behaved .. but as a captain he lacked authority and at times he was to behaved. He also was not a motivational figure on pitch at least his body language did not show that.

                      As I said, i need two things to consider him a legend and in his case one of which is missing.

                      I am sure though that many Bayern fans if not the majority feels like he is a legend and I can respect that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                        The answer you seek is within my post. I simply did not relate to him as a player.

                        He was a great player. Well behaved .. but as a captain he lacked authority and at times he was to behaved. He also was not a motivational figure on pitch at least his body language did not show that.

                        As I said, i need two things to consider him a legend and in his case one of which is missing.

                        I am sure though that many Bayern fans if not the majority feels like he is a legend and I can respect that.
                        To me Lahm is a total Bayern legend, he played he for many years, won everything with us and is one of the best RB’s of all time not only for us but in football. He might not have been the most shouting captain or player, but he lead by example.

                        To be honest I’m a little shocked you don’t consider him a Bayern legend - in a good way like more surprised I totally respect it though as every fan values players different.

                        Edit; another reason why Lahm of course is a Bayern legend to me is he totally identifies with the club.

                        Lahm is FC Bayern München.
                        Last edited by OnlyInsider; 26-04-2019, 08:43.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                          The answer you seek is within my post. I simply did not relate to him as a player.

                          He was a great player. Well behaved .. but as a captain he lacked authority and at times he was to behaved. He also was not a motivational figure on pitch at least his body language did not show that.

                          As I said, i need two things to consider him a legend and in his case one of which is missing.

                          I am sure though that many Bayern fans if not the majority feels like he is a legend and I can respect that.
                          He won 8 Bundesliga titles, 6 Pokals and a UCL title while being a excellent player during his 12 years as a professional for Bayern... If that's not legend material, i don't know what it is.

                          There is no metric that excludes Lahm, that's just a bad and wrong opinion.

                          I will never understand why having a captain that doesn't like to kick (or bite) opponents, scream like a mad dog, pushing teammates is a bad thing.

                          The fact that he captained one of the most successful chapters of Bayern history, won a UCL and World Cup title should be enough proof that he wasn't such a crappy captain after all.
                          Last edited by L4nd3r; 26-04-2019, 08:47.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                            The answer you seek is within my post. I simply did not relate to him as a player.



                            He was a great player. Well behaved .. but as a captain he lacked authority and at times he was to behaved. He also was not a motivational figure on pitch at least his body language did not show that.



                            As I said, i need two things to consider him a legend and in his case one of which is missing.



                            I am sure though that many Bayern fans if not the majority feels like he is a legend and I can respect that.
                            In a scale of 1 to 10, how high are you right now?

                            You're probably the only person on the planet that would say Lahm isn't a Bayern legend.

                            And I strongly disagree with you that he wasn't a leader or lacked authority. He led by example. You don't have to scream at your opponents/refs face (like Effenberg, Kahn or Van Bommel) to be a leader

                            Comment


                            • While I agree that 99.9% of Bayern fans see Lahm as an indisputable legend, there is a sizable minority of us who feel that, in spite of his legend status, he was a poor leader.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Grey View Post
                                While I agree that 99.9% of Bayern fans see Lahm as an indisputable legend, there is a sizable minority of us who feel that, in spite of his legend status, he was a poor leader.


                                Who’s that 0.01%??? What the fuck??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X