• Show
Clear All

• What the actual fuck?

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
      What the actual fuck?

​​​​​
      Not my captain. Kimmich still behaves like a little kid way too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post

I agree. I like his determination but he's still too much of a hothead/emotional on the pitch to be a captain imo.

Comment

• Nothing new, that's where te comparison with Lahm unfortunately fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nils View Post
            Nothing new, that's where te comparison with Lahm unfortunately fails.
            I think that's a good thing, personally. I know I'm in the minority (see past discussions), but I think Lahm was far, far too timid for a captain. He led by example yes, but that wasn't always enough. Especially not in live, in-game situations. It's also worth pointing out that Lahm didn't HAVE to do any of that to be successful because he relied on others to do it for him. Schweinsteiger was the enforcer, and even players like Badstuber played an important role in the day. God, do you remember Badstuber against Madrid in 2012? The man was an on-field inspiration. Lahm was a great team player, but I really believe he needed more aggression and authority to be considered a great captain.

Kimmich butting heads with easily our worst CB doesn't bother me one bit.

Comment

• I like that Kimmich plays with heart. But he just doesn’t have the calmness to be a captain. How is he supposed to represent the squad calmly to refs and other teammates?
              I like his style. It’s just not suited for captaincy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

I think that's a good thing, personally. I know I'm in the minority (see past discussions), but I think Lahm was far, far too timid for a captain. He led by example yes, but that wasn't always enough. Especially not in live, in-game situations. It's also worth pointing out that Lahm didn't HAVE to do any of that to be successful because he relied on others to do it for him. Schweinsteiger was the enforcer, and even players like Badstuber played an important role in the day. God, do you remember Badstuber against Madrid in 2012? The man was an on-field inspiration. Lahm was a great team player, but I really believe he needed more aggression and authority to be considered a great captain.

Kimmich butting heads with easily our worst CB doesn't bother me one bit.
                Yeah, but Badstuber, Schweinsteiger weren't getting dumb yellows or looking to fight their own teammates in a game, even more when himself also had blame on the goal.

Comment

Yeah, but Badstuber, Schweinsteiger weren't getting dumb yellows or looking to fight their own teammates in a game, even more when himself also had blame on the goal.
                  Badstuber definitely yelled at other players, and the 2nd leg against Madrid 2012 was a perfect example of that. No one was going to fight Schweinsteiger, he had the authority as co-captain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                    I like that Kimmich plays with heart. But he just doesn’t have the calmness to be a captain. How is he supposed to represent the squad calmly to refs and other teammates?
                    I like his style. It’s just not suited for captaincy.
                    That's how I feel, he goes just out of control. A true captain doesn't do that, regardless of who he butt heads with and I think the coach and the team know this, that's why Manuel was appointed after Lahm,
                    He has charisma and has a grip on his aggression.

I don't see Kimmich helping the team in any way when he burst in anger (and I'm talking about the "extreme" cases, which are multiple), on the contrary captains like Basti or Lahm could handle situations in a more mature way, that's also damage control when things are not going your way.

Comment

• Are we on the verge of forgetting here that Kimmich is not, in fact, our captain right now? Trying to compare his role on the team currently to that of Lahm or Schweinsteiger's is obviously setting up Kimmich to fail, as he's not even a captain yet. His captain-like qualities are not fully manifested yet, I don't think anyone believes he should be captain over the likes of Neuer, KImmich, or even Lewa right now. People comment on Kimmich's captain-like abilities because they are clearly there and show good potential for eventually becoming captain material once we lose the aforementioned players to age.

Comment

Badstuber definitely yelled at other players, and the 2nd leg against Madrid 2012 was a perfect example of that. No one was going to fight Schweinsteiger, he had the authority as co-captain.
                        Yelling is one thing, but lacking so much respect for your teammate that you're willing to bump heads with him and make it a dick measuring contest during a ongoing game is not a something i define as a leadership trait.
                        Boateng is a club legend and deserves some respect.

Kimmich needs to learn how to control his temper.

Edit:
                        You don't need to wear the captain's bracer to be a leader, Kimmich needs to improve his behavior, i love his heart, but he needs to use his brain too.
                        Last edited by L4nd3r; 16-12-2019, 04:36.

Comment

I love Kimmich, he's like a mini version of O.Kahn. he is for sure my captain.
                          when you get paid millions only to play with your head inside your butt, you deserve to be yelled at a little to step up your game.

the manager can't do it all, sometimes we get all the tactics right, but the players fall-asleep inside the pitch, it's the duty of a vocal captain to wake them them up .. I am all in for captains like MVB, Basti, and heck yeah O.Kahn ..

Comment

• He had enough chances to prove himself with Lucas and Nicklas injured, time to give Mai minutes he really deserves. Can't be worse than Jerome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post

I love Kimmich, he's like a mini version of O.Kahn. he is for sure my captain.
                              when you get paid millions only to play with your head inside your butt, you deserve to be yelled at a little to step up your game.

the manager can't do it all, sometimes we get all the tactics right, but the players fall-asleep inside the pitch, it's the duty of a vocal captain to wake them them up .. I am all in for captains like MVB, Basti, and heck yeah O.Kahn ..
                              Good old Oli, so much heart. At times he was insane on the pitch though

Comment

Are we on the verge of forgetting here that Kimmich is not, in fact, our captain right now? Trying to compare his role on the team currently to that of Lahm or Schweinsteiger's is obviously setting up Kimmich to fail, as he's not even a captain yet. His captain-like qualities are not fully manifested yet, I don't think anyone believes he should be captain over the likes of Neuer, KImmich, or even Lewa right now. People comment on Kimmich's captain-like abilities because they are clearly there and show good potential for eventually becoming captain material once we lose the aforementioned players to age.
                                That's a good point. And I think when and if he developes a more well rounded character on the pitch he could become a great captain.
                                The debate started for me since I remember people claiming him as a near future captain, which felt rushed to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X