Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post

If there's one thing he'll be remembered for it's his lobs/ long passes
    He will also be remembered as one of the best CBs in the world from 2014 to 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post

He will also be remembered as one of the best CBs in the world from 2014 to 2017
      i'd rather say 2013-2016 but yeah, he's been the best centre-back itw in his best days

Comment

i'd rather say 2013-2016 but yeah, he's been the best centre-back itw in his best days
        Yeah, 2016 it's when his groin problems started.

Comment

• Yeah I wanted to say 2014-2016*

I can't really say 2013. He wasn't a definite starter in our treble winning season

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
            Yeah I wanted to say 2014-2016*

I can't really say 2013. He wasn't a definite starter in our treble winning season
            He was in 2013-14 though.

Comment

• Boateng wasn't a starter in our treble season? Idk mea, him and Dante were one of the best CB duos of that year IIRC

Comment

• Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                Boateng wasn't a starter in our treble season? Idk mea, him and Dante were one of the best CB duos of that year IIRC
                Bayern 1-1 Dortmund (Badstuber started the game but got injured (ACL))

Bayern 2-0 Juventus (1st leg) - Van Buyten started alongside Dante

Arsenal 1-3 Bayern (1st leg) - Van Buyten started alongside Dante

And so on ...

Comment

• Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                  Boateng wasn't a starter in our treble season? Idk mea, him and Dante were one of the best CB duos of that year IIRC
                  Boateng cemented his place in the later stages of the 2012-13 season after both Badstuber and Van Buyten got injured and locked his starting spot after Guardiola.

Although he was suspended for the Arsenal games (red card against BATE Borisov) he was indeed benched for Van Buyten against Juventus, but he was pretty much a starter for the whole season in the Bundesliga, Pokal and CL campaigns.
                  Last edited by L4nd3r; 24-06-2020, 18:49.

Comment

• The truth is somewhat in the middle, both Boateng and Robben were critically important to the treble season and started most of the most memorable matches but they did indeed struggle a little over the season to cement their starting spots (different reasons of course).

Personally, I'd say 2013-2016.
                    Last edited by Grey; 25-06-2020, 02:03.

Comment

• Thank you Jérôme...what a turn around season from a player who seemed to be totally washed out like Muller

Comment

• Originally posted by dips82 View Post
                        Thank you Jérôme...what a turn around season from a player who seemed to be totally washed out like Muller
                        Sucks that had to leave due to a injury (although it was probably for the best seeing how Süle played)

Comment

• He did very good, much better than I expected.
                          With Alaba and Süle the CB duo for next season, he'll be playing less next year.
                          But 2 trebles, credit is given where credit is due.

Comment

• Is he staying though? Wouldn't have nothing against it, but i feel like he's not going to have a role he's had this season. I think Flick could prefer Lucas and Sule over him.

Comment

Is he staying though? Wouldn't have nothing against it, but i feel like he's not going to have a role he's had this season. I think Flick could prefer Lucas and Sule over him.
                              He is hard to move on. Very high wages and is not that well regarded outside Bayern. It would be hard to find a buyer that would match his ambitions.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• He is 31. Perhaps too early to consider retirement from club football? But considering his injuries...

Comment

Working...
                                X