Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey
    replied
    The truth is somewhat in the middle, both Boateng and Robben were critically important to the treble season and started most of the most memorable matches but they did indeed struggle a little over the season to cement their starting spots (different reasons of course).

Personally, I'd say 2013-2016.
    Last edited by Grey; 25-06-2020, 02:03.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by RJNair View Post
    Boateng wasn't a starter in our treble season? Idk mea, him and Dante were one of the best CB duos of that year IIRC
    Boateng cemented his place in the later stages of the 2012-13 season after both Badstuber and Van Buyten got injured and locked his starting spot after Guardiola.

Although he was suspended for the Arsenal games (red card against BATE Borisov) he was indeed benched for Van Buyten against Juventus, but he was pretty much a starter for the whole season in the Bundesliga, Pokal and CL campaigns.
    Last edited by L4nd3r; 24-06-2020, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Originally posted by RJNair View Post
    Boateng wasn't a starter in our treble season? Idk mea, him and Dante were one of the best CB duos of that year IIRC
    Bayern 1-1 Dortmund (Badstuber started the game but got injured (ACL))

Bayern 2-0 Juventus (1st leg) - Van Buyten started alongside Dante

Arsenal 1-3 Bayern (1st leg) - Van Buyten started alongside Dante

And so on ...

Leave a comment:

• RJNair
    replied

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    Yeah I wanted to say 2014-2016*

I can't really say 2013. He wasn't a definite starter in our treble winning season
    He was in 2013-14 though.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Yeah I wanted to say 2014-2016*

I can't really say 2013. He wasn't a definite starter in our treble winning season

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post

i'd rather say 2013-2016 but yeah, he's been the best centre-back itw in his best days
    Yeah, 2016 it's when his groin problems started.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post

He will also be remembered as one of the best CBs in the world from 2014 to 2017
    i'd rather say 2013-2016 but yeah, he's been the best centre-back itw in his best days

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post

If there's one thing he'll be remembered for it's his lobs/ long passes
    He will also be remembered as one of the best CBs in the world from 2014 to 2017

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied

If there's one thing he'll be remembered for it's his lobs/ long passes

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Boa's long passes still being a weapon in 2020, i love it. He really stepped up when we needed it the most with both Lucas and Süle injured. Legend.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Gotta give credit where it's due, it was a good game from Boa. I was very doubtful about him, still think it was a gamble from Flick, but the most important is, it did pay off! That last ditch tackle was brilliant. Too bad he injured himself... again. Just our luck. I hope it's not very serious.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    When he stopped Abraham there before injurying himself was also Vintage Boa. He doesn't even know how he got away with that.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    He had a decent performance, much better than i expected.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Vintage Boa performance. Love you, big man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X