Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emre Can

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Bayern101 View Post
    I hope he becomes a superstar. The meme possibilities with his name are limitless.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Grey View Post
      Just for future reference - I believe his name is pronounced like "Tschan"

      I dont know what kind of pronunciation is that, but im an Iranian Turk and i know exact pronunciation is jan. A "J" like john. The meaning is somehow "life" .Arabs here know its meaning already "جان"
      Last edited by Blackroze; 13-06-2012, 15:09.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blackroze View Post
        I dont know what kind of pronunciation is that, but im Turk and i know exact pronunciation is jan. A "J" like john. The meaning is somehow "life" .Arabs here know its meaning already "جان"
        Amazing. "jaan" means life in a lot of Indian languages too. I guess the origin is Persian.

        "जान" -> Hindi example

        PS: It could be related to "Umrao Jaan" as well! Emre Can <-> Umrao Jaan. Hmmmm! Emre means Prince?
        Last edited by Lord Byron; 13-06-2012, 15:11.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by robery View Post
          Amazing. "jaan" means life in a lot of Indian languages too. I guess the origin is Persian.

          "जान" -> Hindi example

          PS: It could be related to "Umrao Jaan" as well! Emre Can <-> Umrao Jaan. Hmmmm! Emre means Prince?
          It means "Ruler of the household" , I cannot translate it exactly. You know its hard to translate some words to other languages But, i tried to say the best meaning...

          Comment


          • #20
            Very interesting linguistic conversation, BZ is also culture! Amazing! =D

            Comment


            • #21
              ill always think of it as Khan.


              Comment


              • #22
                Who the great Genghis Khan?

                Or are you talking about the great Oliver KaHn?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rohr_lucas View Post
                  Who the great Genghis Khan?

                  Or are you talking about the great Oliver KaHn?

                  when ever he does something stupid:



                  when he does great things:



                  So pronounced like the English "can"


                  just so many more meme oportunities with that pronunciation package

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Emre Can Do. Or if he flops, Emre Cannot

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      And if we had bought Granit Xhaka we would have a combo, Xhaka Can in the midfield. Shit I got nothing to do hahaha

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rohr_lucas View Post
                        Emre Can Do. Or if he flops, Emre Cannot
                        exactly.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yes!

                          Originally posted by rohr_lucas View Post
                          Emre Can Do. Or if he flops, Emre Cannot
                          Hahaha that made me really laugh! xD

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Agree

                            Originally posted by rohr_lucas View Post
                            And if we had bought Granit Xhaka we would have a combo, Xhaka Can in the midfield. Shit I got nothing to do hahaha
                            I totally agree with that! I also like Xhaka a lot... perhaps in future we may get him... he's still 19 years old if I'm not wrong...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              You guys might not know but Chaka Khan was a 80's singer who I hate a lot. Actually I hate all the 80's music.

                              Comment


                              • #30


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X