Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#6 Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That's good news. Will be interesting to see what Thiago's role will be under Ancelotti. I'd expect him to be tried as a regista.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by micky View Post
      That's good news. Will be interesting to see what Thiago's role will be under Ancelotti. I'd expect him to be tried as a regista.
      Playing him as a regista would be a waste of some of his other abilities I think. He's mobile and can take on players, these attributes would be more effectively used if he's the advanced playmaker.

      Pirlo, Xabi, Kroos etc. didn't have these attributes, which is why it made more sense to play them deeper.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SCT View Post
        Playing him as a regista would be a waste of some of his other abilities I think. He's mobile and can take on players, these attributes would be more effectively used if he's the advanced playmaker.

        Pirlo, Xabi, Kroos etc. didn't have these attributes, which is why it made more sense to play them deeper.
        I agree, but Thiago is pretty much the only player in or close to his prime who could potentially handle the role of regista. I also think his attributes complement an advanced role far better, but if Ancelotti won't bring in a player specifically to be the regista, then Thiago is the best candidate for it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by micky View Post
          I agree, but Thiago is pretty much the only player in or close to his prime who could potentially handle the role of regista. I also think his attributes complement an advanced role far better, but if Ancelotti won't bring in a player specifically to be the regista, then Thiago is the best candidate for it.
          Koke from Atletico and Strootman from Roma are good options, and ofc there's always Kroos....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jabet View Post
            Koke from Atletico and Strootman from Roma are good options, and ofc there's always Kroos....
            Let's talk about Strootman once he manages to stay healthy for more than just a quarter of a season. Koke, well, I wouldn't mind him at all.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by jabet View Post
              Koke from Atletico and Strootman from Roma are good options, and ofc there's always Kroos....
              Breno has a higher chance of coming back than Kroos if you ask me

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Garci View Post
                Breno has a higher chance of coming back than Kroos if you ask me
                Kroos doesn't really seem happy with Benitez there, and Carlo always liked him, so there might be a tiny chance he would return. Anyway I'm just scouting the options.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by jabet View Post
                  Kroos doesn't really seem happy with Benitez there, and Carlo always liked him, so there might be a tiny chance he would return. Anyway I'm just scouting the options.
                  It's not about the coach. The way he left the club means he's probably gone for good. We wouldn't meet his wage demands and Madrid did. That means that he either takes a pay cut to return to us, tail between his legs, or Bayern gives in to his demands - I honestly don't know what scenario is more unlikely. He hasn't been spectacular nor have we got a need to fill his position. Kroos is firmly a former Bayern player.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Garci View Post
                    It's not about the coach. The way he left the club means he's probably gone for good. We wouldn't meet his wage demands and Madrid did. That means that he either takes a pay cut to return to us, tail between his legs, or Bayern gives in to his demands - I honestly don't know what scenario is more unlikely. He hasn't been spectacular nor have we got a need to fill his position. Kroos is firmly a former Bayern player.
                    I get that, just scouting for possibilities, no matter how unlikely.
                    I just hope that the Kroos saga doesn't happen all over again with another player.

                    Comment


                    • So glad Thiago is staying, he's such a good player

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
                        So glad Thiago is staying, he's such a good player


                        Staying? Where have you heard that?




                        I can only speak from myself, opinions differe obviously but I'm not in doubt, Thiago won't stay here, he will leave with pep, Bayern of course is going to get the maximum out of him, Alcántara is perhaps the most gifted midfielder in the world, from his very first training session here you could see his technique and ball control is something from out of this world. I believe Thiago will follow Pep to one of the Manchester sides.

                        There is only two players who could replace him in the new Ancelotti team and that's Veratti and of course our very own Kroos. I see Marco Veratti as the most ideal (if you think about the past) the most realistic option even through he's gonna cost a massive amount, hopefully just a little more than City will pay us for Guardiola's golden boy. I can't see Toni returning just yet, but if he did so? Fantastic news.��

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by p4vo View Post
                          Staying? Where have you heard that?




                          I can only speak from myself, opinions differe obviously but I'm not in doubt, Thiago won't stay here, he will leave with pep, Bayern of course is going to get the maximum out of him, Alcántara is perhaps the most gifted midfielder in the world, from his very first training session here you could see his technique and ball control is something from out of this world. I believe Thiago will follow Pep to one of the Manchester sides.

                          There is only two players who could replace him in the new Ancelotti team and that's Veratti and of course our very own Kroos. I see Marco Veratti as the most ideal (if you think about the past) the most realistic option even through he's gonna cost a massive amount, hopefully just a little more than City will pay us for Guardiola's golden boy. I can't see Toni returning just yet, but if he did so? Fantastic news.��
                          Thiago signed an extension and recently at length discussed how much he loved being at Bayern and was not going to follow Pep around.

                          Comment


                          • Wait and see my friend. The extension is always a good thing, either we had him secured along with his coach or we were going to get a very serious fee for him. In my head the option of him staying here without Guardiola is non existent. That's been my feeling all along even through i've adore Alcántara.

                            Every footballer loves to be at their club if they are asked, their honest and real opinion is of good reasons not known to us.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by p4vo View Post
                              Wait and see my friend. The extension is always a good thing, either we had him secured along with his coach or we were going to get a very serious fee for him. In my head the option of him staying here without Guardiola is non existent. That's been my feeling all along even through i've adore Alcántara.

                              Every footballer loves to be at their club if they are asked, their honest and real opinion is of good reasons not known to us.
                              Thiago has, at every possible turn, given every possible indication that he will be staying. He quite literally can do nothing else to convince us. He signed a long contract extension, he takes as many opportunities as he can get to praise the club, and the joy he has playing here is palpable in literally every video/image of him I've ever seen. Yes, you're right, we can't know for sure, but as best as we could possibly know he's staying. And that makes Stanfield and me very happy

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Grey View Post
                                Thiago has, at every possible turn, given every possible indication that he will be staying. He quite literally can do nothing else to convince us. He signed a long contract extension, he takes as many opportunities as he can get to praise the club, and the joy he has playing here is palpable in literally every video/image of him I've ever seen. Yes, you're right, we can't know for sure, but as best as we could possibly know he's staying. And that makes Stanfield and me very happy

                                And that would make me very happy aswell m8, with out a doubt. There is nothing i want more than Thiago staying put.


                                I hope you guys are right, but a Thiago on a long contract and Pep's City's bottomless pockets then I wouldn't be so naive to think whatever great things Thiago have said about his current employer is a promise to be here for a long time. A €50m offer wich in my opinion is a most reasonable starting fee to consider, for a English team we should even demand €70m for a midfielder of this quality for hands down, Alcántara is absolutely world class.

                                Let's see in the summer shall we? Nice to 'see' you again Grey, how you doing?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X