#6 Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
    That isn't what happened though? Thiago came on at half time after we miraculously made it to half time 2-1 up thanks to an outstanding performance from Neuer and he immediately changed the way we played and made several incredibly vital tackles, interceptions, passes and assists to convert a shaky 2-1 to a 7-2
    Just give up. Mavros is just blinded by his hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
      Just give up. Mavros is just blinded by his hate.
      I actually feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall

Comment

I actually feel like I'm arguing with a brick wall
        You are arguing with a brick wall. An old brick wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
          You are arguing with a brick wall. An old brick wall.
          Have some respect that wall is better than other walls because it used to be a wall at a Greek Sunday League teams training ground

Comment

• I wish Thiago would change his last name from Alcântara to Schweitzer or Giorgyakos. That way we wouldn't have to deal with this non sense

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
              I wish Thiago would change his last name from Alcântara to Schweitzer or Giorgyakos. That way we wouldn't have to deal with this non sense
              Thiago = John, so we’ll call him Johannes (or Ioannes)

Alcantara = from Arabic “Cantara” meaning bridge. So either Brücke or Gefyra.

Johannes Brücke or Ioannes Gefyra. Either way, a simple name change is alm it would take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

Johannes Brücke or Ioannes Gefyra. Either way, a simple name change is alm it would take.
                Is that really so or did you just make that shit up?

Comment

Have some respect that wall is better than other walls because it used to be a wall at a Greek Sunday League teams training ground
                  The greek wall

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
                    Is that really so or did you just make that shit up?
                    After checking, I was nearly right. It’s not John (Joao) but James (or Jacob, which is the original form of James).

So either Jakob or Iakobus.

Comment

• Thiago is actually James, bruh

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
                        Thiago is actually James, bruh
                        He just said that numbnut.

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
                          Thiago is actually James, bruh
                          I just said that numbnut

Comment

Just to be more precise:
                            Cantara = قنطرة, meaning Arch and not bridge.
                            Al = ال = the

So Alcantara = القنطرة = The Arch

That's interesting if true. I never thought about it [emoji14]

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                              Just to be more precise:
                              Cantara = قنطرة, meaning Arch and not bridge.
                              Al = ال = the

So Alcantara = القنطرة = The Arch

That's interesting if true. I never thought about it [emoji14]
                              You’re almost certainly right (I was hoping one of the Arabic speakers would chime in!) but it might be a little more complicated (you be the judge of course, I don’t know Arabic). Apparently it’s actually a place name in Spain from many hundreds of years ago. It’s possible that the word itself evolved, or was used offhandedly in a different way at the time, or that it’s a weird NE African variant of the word, etc. But the town itself claims, rightly or wrongly, that it’s named after a bridge lol.

Comment

You’re almost certainly right (I was hoping one of the Arabic speakers would chime in!) but it might be a little more complicated (you be the judge of course, I don’t know Arabic). Apparently it’s actually a place name in Spain from many hundreds of years ago. It’s possible that the word itself evolved, or was used offhandedly in a different way at the time, or that it’s a weird NE African variant of the word, etc. But the town itself claims, rightly or wrongly, that it’s named after a bridge lol.
                                I'm not sure whether the word itself evolved (I don't think so), but: bridge = جسر in Arabic.

Anyway if you type "Alcantara Spain" on Google, that's what you find:

Comment

Working...
                                X