#6 Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preds View Post
    He turned down both Barca and United for Bayern Pep!

Comment

Introducing star signing Thiago Alcantara

Thiago Alcantara has already shown off his skills at the Allianz Arena, but it did Bayern little good at the time. Two years ago, in the final of the Audi Cup, the attacking midfielder scored twice as Barcelona defeated Germany's biggest club. Afterwards, then FCB boss Jupp Heynckes predicted that the youngster would become one of the future stars of European football. “He's a fantastic player with huge potential," Karl-Heinz Rummenigge declared on Sunday after Bayern secured the services of Thiago Alcantara do Nascimento for the next four years.

“He's a super, super player," said Pep Guardiola of his number one transfer target, “he can fill three, four or five positions in midfield. I think he'll be good for us." The new FCB coach knows Thiago from his time at Barcelona, when he promoted the then 16-year-old to the Catalans’ reserve team. He also handed Thiago his senior debut two years later.

Boundless quality

Now 22, the player is technically able, good on the ball, an accurate passer, and has a real nose for goal. He hit the headlines a few weeks ago at the U-21 European championship, captaining Spain, scoring a hat-trick in a 4-2 victory over Italy in the final, and coming away with the player of the tournament award. His versatility proved an ace in the Spanish pack, as he played both on the left and the right of a three-man midfield, and also as a false nine in the central attacking area.

The U-21 European championship trophy was by no means the first Thiago has lifted, despite his relatively short time in the pro game. The 22-year-old already boasts 14 winner’s medals, comprising the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup in 2011, plus the Spanish league titles in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2013, the Spanish cup in 2009 and 2012, and the Super Cup in 2010 and 2011, all with Barcelona. In national colours, he also won the U-21 EURO in 2011 and the U-17 European championship three years earlier.

Sport in his blood

Thiago, who hails from the small Italian resort of San Pietro Vernotico, was born with sporting talent in his genes. His father is Brazilian World Cup winner Mazinho, and his mother was a pro volleyball player. His younger brother Rafael plays for the Barcelona second team, and his cousin Rodrigo is on the books with Benfica in Lisbon. He arrived in Spain with his family at the age of five and ultimately chose to play for his adopted home country, winning his first full cap in 2011. Soon, and with a little bit of luck, he will be calling Munich his second home.
      FC Bayern München AG

Comment

from this morning...

Comment

I think he's another 2-footed player. Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
            He most certainly is. With his right foot I've seen him score impressive mid-range shots into the topcorner of the net with a very nice spin (Audi-Cup remember?). At other times he scored with his left foot with power and precision into the bottom corner.

Plus he can actually use his head to score goals, too! Something we don't really expect from a Spanish midfielder his size.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
              He has three star weak foot on FIFA 13, but thats just FIFA :P
              We do know he dribbles like a south-american and passes like a spanish player, great mix!
              He should just get the fitness like a german player and he has everything!

Comment

News von Thiago: Die neue "6" soll morgen bereits beim FC Bayern beim Training (10.00 Uhr) mit dabei sein. 18.30 Uhr #Sport1 #FCBayern
                Christian Ortlepp

According to Sport1 info Thiago will already be at training in Munich tomorrow at 10:00.

Personally I find this hard to believe, given that he still needs his medical, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Bazi View Post
                  He most certainly is. With his right foot I've seen him score impressive mid-range shots into the topcorner of the net with a very nice spin (Audi-Cup remember?). At other times he scored with his left foot with power and precision into the bottom corner.

Plus he can actually use his head to score goals, too! Something we don't really expect from a Spanish midfielder his size.
                  Thanks. I had that impression, but I hadn't deliberately thought about it until this morning.

I watched the U21 European-Championship final last night, where he scored a good header for the first and hit the second with tremendous velocity with his left for the second.

We have a great collection of two-footed midfielders now - seven, I think.

Comment

I’d like to mention something about the now locked Thiago Alcantara transfer thread – and steer a middle road between appreciation and flattery in the process.

In short, I think that that thread was BayernZone at its best. The lead was taken, to some extent, by a few good posters, but just about all the infrequent posters, whose opinion I regard highly, chipped in, making it a really rich discussion. The amount of information offered, the extent of the research and corresponding qualification of points, and the range of perspectives covered were all outstanding. There was, of course, differences of opinion; some may have finally changed their views altogether, some may have tweaked their views and some may have agreed to differ, waiting to see what happens next. But, whatever the personal outcome, everyone had a tremendous amount of food for thought. Also – fortunately – we had virtually none of the childish personal insults that have wrecked some other interesting threads. I’m really hopeful that there’ll be a lot more discussion of this quality on BayernZone as we move into the new season.

Interestingly, BayernZone set a new record on Saturday too: most users online. I think Thiago and that thread had a lot to do with it.

And to crown it all, the chap’s transfer became official yesterday.

Thanks everyone
                    Last edited by Badger; 15-07-2013, 12:07. Reason: Typo "thread"

Comment

Originally posted by Springbok51 View Post
                      Christian Ortlepp

According to Sport1 info Thiago will already be at training in Munich tomorrow at 10:00.

Personally I find this hard to believe, given that he still needs his medical, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow
                      i read that he will be today on medical.

Comment

Comment

Comment

he will take number 6
                            transfermarkt.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Insults View Post
                              That can't be fucking serious, right???

Comment

Originally posted by hkbayernfan View Post
                                he will take number 6
                                transfermarkt.mobi