X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreeBird View Post
    Great player.

He's no holding midfielder though...
    I was very surprised that Pep started him here today. I felt as though Javi starting with Thiago coming on as a possible sub for Gotze would have been a better move.
    Maybe even subbing Rafinha for Gotze, moving Lahm to the holding spot and Thiago to the CM role.

Comment

• I wonder how many of his passes today were done with the outside of his foot. Too many, really. He's too fancy to be the holding midfielder. thenewguy (I think he said it) was right about Thiago's style.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
        I wonder how many of his passes today were done with the outside of his foot. Too many, really. He's too fancy to be the holding midfielder. thenewguy (I think he said it) was right about Thiago's style.
        He's a cross between a CM and a CAM.

He is as good as both. Thiago-Kroos are made for the 2 Holding in the 4-1-4-1.

But he aint a DM. I would say even Kroos is better in the holding role than him.

We need Javi at DM to bring some defensive solidity

Comment

• He did a great tackle once in the game, but Thiago should have played CM

Comment

• Up until now he hasn't impressed me much. Sure he's a flashy player and that might be the cause some people find him good or even great, but for me he's nowhere near Kroos when it comes to ball distribution (yesterday he had quite a few misplaced passes for example) and controlling the middlee.

Comment

• Exactly, and the thing is that he is played out of position. I mean c'mon Pep why Thiago is the CDM when we have Javi? Why always force ourselves to use the needed players in substitutions after it has been late and after we have already lost?

I think Javi should have started from the beginning yesterday, Thiago either benched, or played imstead of Kroos or Goetze, or played in Goetze's position with the latter playing forward. I think Javi should always start when fit, we really need his defensive services especially against a strong attacking team like Man City, we all noticed how the defenders were exposed last night, it was humiliating to say the least.

Comment

• Omg he thinks Valdes > Neuer. I CAN'T. I'm dying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sisi View Post
                  Omg he thinks Valdes > Neuer. I CAN'T. I'm dying.
                  Lol I thought that was fake, also he preferred Busquets over Lahm (facepalm)

Comment

• Stolen from BM forum on bigsoccer:

Thiago was asked to choose between a Bayern/Barça player 1/2

1 Valdes > Neuer
                    1 Dani Alves > Rafinha
                    1 Pique > Boateng
                    2 Mascherano < Dante
                    2 Alba < Alaba
                    1 Busquets > Lahm
                    1 Xavi > Thiago
                    1 Iniesta > Kroos
                    2 Alexis < Müller
                    1 Neymar > Robben
                    1 Messi > Ribery

1 Guardiola > Heynckes
                    2 envionment + infrastructure FC Barcelona < FC Bayern
                    1 City Barcelona > City München
                    1 Spanish Women >>> German Women
                    1 Spanish people in general > Germans in general

Cadena SER | Noticias y radio online
                    I don't even know where to start though it's probably doesn't worth to start at all 'cause he lost me at the very beginning...

Comment

• I was considering discussing his interview but chose not to as I'm just lost for words. He should know better not to answer questions like that in my opinion.

Comment

• ^^Agree. If almost everything and everyone is better in Barcelona (city and club) he should have stayed there, you know, just to learn from masters like Valdez etc... He never played next to Neymar, he never trained and played under Don Jupp so these two evaluations are just wrong.

Bayern thrashed Barca with lesser players and coach? I'm good with that.

Comment

• Valdes>Neuer
                          Neymar>Robben

Really?

Comment

• Robben`s left foot>Neymar

anyways, how can he compare Heynckes to Pep since he wasn`t coached by both??

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                              Stolen from BM forum on bigsoccer:
                              Wow, I got blown away by that. I mean, really, I'm speechless. In the words of senator Clay Davis, shiiiiiiiit.

Comment

• Good lord lads, leave him alone. It's his opinion/belief, period. It's not like he means ll will or misses Barcelona that much. Some of you are just harsh.

Yes, I disagree with him like you, but enough please.

Comment

Working...
                                X