#6 Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
    It's stupidity when you don't respect the jersey you wear and the badge that has on it. It's stupidity when you don't respect your teamates.

And if you want it your way...

Valdez > Neuer
    Biscuit > Lahm
    Piquet > Boateng

and

Neymar > Robben

is epic stupidity!
    The only one there that's really dumb is the Neymar > Robben statement, the kid has mad potential but he's got a pretty long way to go before that statement seems fair, unless he somehow starts playing some legendary level of football during the CL.
    And as crazy as it sounds considering how good Lahm is, Busquets is better

Comment

• Originally posted by Woland View Post
      The only one there that's really dumb is the Neymar > Robben statement, the kid has mad potential but he's got a pretty long way to go before that statement seems fair, unless he somehow starts playing some legendary level of football during the CL.
      And as crazy as it sounds considering how good Lahm is, Busquets is better
      huh?

Comment

• Let's stop talking about this.

Did you all have a nice Christmas?

Spoiler
        if you're actually going to answer this, go to the lounge

Comment

• Thought he looked good in the last few games. He adds some flair, but not as safe in possession as Kroos or Schweini.

Comment

• court's decision:Thiago will be sentenced to death

Comment

• Seriously Mavros, your love for the Germans as a people is really hard for me to grasp. I myself, have ever since I was a little kid often traveling in Germany prefered that country to my own, but I have never been so ignorant as to ignore their flaws, add to that their diversity. It's a country with more than 80 million people, and some them are, frankly, big fucking jerks. Some of them are nazis and want other people dead, and those people being German doesn't change a thing. Germany, while overall doing pretty fine economically wise atm, still have a lot of problems with unemployment, poor people and so on in many parts of what was once Eastern Germany. Germany is diverse like almost every other country, and it's nothing but ignorant not to accept that.

Are you not considering Effenberg, Beckenbauer, Matthäus and so on as Germans any more? Because they really say some fucked up things about Bayern and the club's players sometimes. Thiago said one stupid thing, Martinez (and Guardiola) has said non, and as far as I know Barcalona's players are - in interviews - some of the more humble stars out their, who often give credit to their opposing teams.

Finally, Götze being born in Bayern is a god damn excuse from us fans for not calling him that damned word, merc. Sorry to break it to you, but he has been formed by Dortmund and played their the most vital parts of his life - he really was a Dortmunder. And I'm sure him wearing Nike was just an accident? Switching to Bayern has nothing to do with distance, the hate you bring to people, loving you for your previous loyalty, has much more to do with this forum's concept of a merc. It is sadly blindly ignored in here from some users, that it often the German players who join us from other clubs, who have been the most disloyal to their former club.
              Last edited by Ditlivia; 29-12-2013, 10:17.

Comment

• Again, just answer the question: Would you prefer someone who speaks his mind, or someone who says the right things wherever he/she is?
                I prefer someone who has he senses, and think well before opening his mouth and say rubbis like these.

He is not coming back to Barca, we've got no room for him.
                I saw that when we gifted you with 7 goals in two games.
                Please stay attached to that "magnifiscent" midfield trio you have (the two already worn out long aged and the one rediculously stupid non-talented Biscuit.
                This will make me happier and Bayern with one rival less to concern.
                Also retain please your magical defensive line with the so much better Valdez and Pique.
                This will make me laugh more whenever I see your sinking ship comedy.

Im tired of listening BS with the excuse that this is somebody's opinion. Especially when this is coming from someone that plays football professionally.
                The fact that this kid also wears the Bayern shirt makes it even outrageous!
                Now if anybody is so naive to believe that Alvez is better than Neuer, Biscuit than Lahm, and the single hair of Robben's balls is better than Robben itself, it's your own right.
                But don't try to convince me that this is a personal opinion. This is plein ignorance and my tollerance in this issue is over.

Conclusively yes, I am a pro German fan. I never hide it. As much as you are a pro-Spaniard.
                Our difference is that I was, am and will always be proud of it.
                You won't. That's why you hide it!

Happy new year

Comment

As much as you are a pro-Spaniard.
                  Supporting Barcelona makes you the exact opposite of "pro-Spaniard"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ditlivia View Post
                    Seriously Mavros, your love for the Germans as a people is really hard for me to grasp. I myself, have ever since I was a little kid often traveling in Germany prefered that country to my own, but I have never been so ignorant as to ignore their flaws, add to that their diversity. It's a country with more than 80 million people, and some them are, frankly, big fucking jerks. Some of them are nazis and want other people dead, and those people being German doesn't change a thing. Germany, while overall doing pretty fine economically wise atm, still have a lot of problems with unemployment, poor people and so on in many parts of what was once Eastern Germany. Germany is diverse like almost every other country, and it's nothing but ignorant not to accept that.
                    I don't think Lahm, Neuer or Muller are Nazis. And certainly I don't believe that Boateng Goetze and Badstuber are jerks and want other people dead.
                    I know what Germany as a nation is about and belive me I have one reason more than you not to like them for what they did to my country in WWII, up to nowadays.

My love and admiration is football-wise and because of their work rate, descipline and mentality.
                    That's why I chose this team in the first place! You?

So please stop all these Nationality and Nationalism lessons, because I support this team probably before even you were born and comparing to some other members of this forum (not you personaly), I know very well why!

Are you not considering Effenberg, Beckenbauer, Matthäus and so on as Germans any more? Because they really say some fucked up things about Bayern and the club's players sometimes. Thiago said one stupid thing, Martinez (and Guardiola) has said non, and as far as I know Barcalona's players are - in interviews - some of the more humble stars out their, who often give credit to their opposing teams.
                    This lollypop thing about those three that have said so many stupidities has got to stop.
                    I won't judge Beckenbauer, because he is an old man and I wish that we all have our senses when we'll be at his age.
                    As for the other two, please show me the stupid things they've said and I will frankly tell you my opinion about this.

Conclusively I have to remind you, that I was not the one who brought up first the German/non-German thing, but you will always find me standing there whenever someone else mentions it.

Just for history, I only said "Sent him to Spain then"
                    What's so bad in this if this kid likes Barcelona players more than his teamates in Bayern?

Comment

• Originally posted by Preds View Post
                      When will you understand that the Nationality issue is only football-wise for me?
                      Barcelona represents Spanish football. Aren't they?

Comment

I don't think Lahm, Neuer or Muller are Nazis. And certainly I don't believe that Boateng Goetze and Badstuber are jerks and want other people dead.
                        I know what Germany as a nation is about and belive me I have one reason more than you not to like them for what they did to my country in WWII, up to nowadays.
                        I most centainly don't either. My point was that Germans and Spaniards alike are a diverse people with some people having a high work rate, discipline and winning mentality and some being jerks. I frankly don't see how one can generalize so much as to say that German players as per definition is better, mentaly wise, than e.g. Spanish players.

I just really don't see what makes Alcantara more of a so called merc than Götze (a player I really really like btw).

I don't know when you started following Bayern, but in my younger years up through the nineties Bayern was club mentioned by media more often than not as "FC Hollywood" and a madhouse. This was with German and foreign players alike having a very bad mentality and often talking trash about each other. I can't say how it was in other countries but in Denmark you were quite alone supporting this "madhouse".

Since then Bayern has evolved immensively both on and off the field, while at the same time using unprecedented big amounts on foreign players. Generally I think Bayern have tried to but players they thought fit in, no matter their nationality.

Oh, and look at what Thiago said this summer before joining Bayern:
                        "I do not trust Bayern to defend their title this season, and don't see Dortmund playing in the final either."

"The likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United are big threats who I think will get there instead."
                        ...or no. That was just Effernberg Effenberg: Bayern won't retain Champions League - Goal.com

Btw. Matthäus didn't approve the Götze transfer, he actually found Götze to be untrustworthy. Lothar Matthaus slams Mario Gotze for Bayern Munich move | Football | Sport | Daily Express.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preds View Post
                          maybe, maybe not, supporting Papua makes you anti-Indonesian?

This should be declared the thread of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeBird View Post
                            People tend to give family far more room than a complete stranger. Muller is family has proven his worth and loyalty countless times. Thiago came because he felt he had little chance in barca, and that with pep add manager would have a far easier time making the top 11 here. He also seems to feel bayern overal is beneath him, which intern gives the aura that he's here for the coach he thinks favors him and the money were paying him. Thus in some eyes a merc.

Given that point of view it's perfect sense.
                            Thank you for the accurate description.

I will add this (Via Sandra):

26 - The club’s top marksman Thomas Müller’s goalscoring total in 2013! He was followed by Mario Mandzukic (23) and Arjen Robben (22).

43 - Thomas Müller’s scorer points total for the year (26 goals, 17 assists). He was followed by Arjen Robben (40) and Franck Ribéry (38).

Mueller proved himself again and again. His behaviour is near flawless.

Robben and Ribery proved themselves again and again. Their behaviour is not perfect, thus the occasional heat.

Thiago proved nothing. Yet he talks shit like "Valdez > Nueuer" which would make a joke even for Shickeria.

This is the same reason why players like Ballack, Kahn and Eff could get by with crappy behaviour. At least they had their on-field performance to rely on.

Bottom point: If you are worth shit, better keep your mouth shut.

Comment

• I guess I always have in mind specific players when I talk about how would they deal with an offer, for example, from Bild to contrast Bayern players against their former teammates. We can not know what would Bastian, Philipp, Holger, Thomas say because they are Bayern through and through - may it continue forever and I'd like to add Toni to that pack.

What rubs me in a wrong way is contrasting the whole countries and their people which is impossible in principle and stupid beyond measure (especially considering that one come to work in the country that is worse in his opinion). Like some here rightfully noticed there are different people everywhere. Some are real bad, some are heroes. I appreciate that mavros is a German NT fan even more so because he's a Greek and his country suffered so much during WWII.

I'm in the same situation. The German language was heard throughout my whole childhood as a language of mortal enemy (in dozens of movies etc). And here I am cheering for Germany, Michael Schumacher and German teams on Olympics half of my life. I'm not a fan of stereotyping myself but me and many other German NT fans I know (like all my cousins and their spouses!) still value specific qualities of its players. And yes, German players still considered great fighters/non divers/efficient/natural born winners and so on in Russia/Kazakhstan where I live. Is it wrong? Maybe. New generation is probably much softer which is normal (they have calmer, better life) but my heart still melts when Javi lovingly describes Bastian as "a bull, a force of nature". I see Thomas becoming a bull inside remaining the baby giraffe outside

As for the former players/coaches who sometimes talk out of their assess I'm ready to give them a slack (and again, and again, and again). Like mavros said many people would be happy to come in to Der Kaiser age with all his regalias and halos, still looking badass and having an influence. Same with Bayern champions who brought so many titles and cups to our museum. If anyone has any right to talk whatever they feel like it's former great champions. You've to deserve a right to talk shit.

Someone here pointed how modest and considerate Barca players are. They respect Bayern I give them that. But I'd like you to read what they said after their losses to Real M and Chelsea. It's vomit inducing. Also you can take a look at painful video of Spain players mocking crying Schweinsteiger for camera after the Euro 2008 final. So much for modesty and humility...

Comment

• I didnt kno joining Bayern meant you couldnt have an opinion outside the club. So if Muller or Ribery thought Messi was the greatest player in all time i guess their mercs? So what Thiago has his own opinions, i doubt anyone is gonna say Contento > Alba so some fans dont call them mercs. I could careless who Thiago thinks is better, as long as he performs for Bayern no skin off my back...

Comment

Working...
                                X