Clear All

• Alexander
    replied
    Extend him!

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post

Not gonna discuss your greater point but wasn't Neuer playing with a fractured foot in the last minutes of that game? That cuts him some slack hopefully
    Certainly a valid justification, but that only underscores my reasoning for why he's not Bayern's greatest recent CL performer. Don't get me wrong, I am Neuer's biggest fan - but his return to greatness is very recent when you consider the last few seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    I’m talking about the goal in the 4-2 where Marcelo literally walked it into the net because of Neuer.

I stand by what I said. Neuer is far away from my list of top Bayern CL performers over the past half-decade. Honestly can’t even torture an argument in his favor, it’s that clear to me. You’re welcome to your opinion, I don’t have strong feelings on it, but I do disagree.
    Not gonna discuss your greater point but wasn't Neuer playing with a fractured foot in the last minutes of that game? That cuts him some slack hopefully

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Then we have to agree to disagree on this matter which is fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    I’m talking about the goal in the 4-2 where Marcelo literally walked it into the net because of Neuer.

I stand by what I said. Neuer is far away from my list of top Bayern CL performers over the past half-decade. Honestly can’t even torture an argument in his favor, it’s that clear to me. You’re welcome to your opinion, I don’t have strong feelings on it, but I do disagree.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Don’t honestly see how Neuer’s even in the running here given 1.) his high-profile fuck-up against Madrid and 2.) literally being ABSENT with injury for a whole CL campaign. There ain’t a soul on this team as consistently good against top opposition as Thiago and that’s a goddamn fact.
    What fuck up against Madrid? I don't remember a fuck up against Madrid but one against Liverpool, don't know if that's the one you're referring to. Yes he was absent for pretty much all of the 2017-18 season, but if we count his total seasons at Bayern is he without a doubt the biggest game player for us over the years, there's so many games where he saved our ass or prevented us from being humiliated, the home game against Real Madrid in 2017 is a good example of this after Javi got sent off.

Does this mean he didn't make mistakes? Of course not, there been mistakes against Juventus, Benfica and Liverpool as far as I remember but if you look at the overall picture was he the best performer for us in these type of games imo.

And no it's not a fact Thiago was the best performing player consistently against top opposition - it's an opinion, just as mine concerning Neuer. I totally respect it if you see Thiago as our best performer in these type of games but he's not imo. Doesn't mean he was performing bad, not at all, but I don't think he's been that fantastic as you and some others made it out to be. Sorry to say.

And again: I'm not trying to undervalue Thiago and his importance to the team.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Don’t honestly see how Neuer’s even in the running here given 1.) his high-profile fuck-up against Madrid and 2.) literally being ABSENT with injury for a whole CL campaign. There ain’t a soul on this team as consistently good against top opposition as Thiago and that’s a goddamn fact.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post

'The only player' and 'always showed up in biggest games' are two different exaggerations IMO
    I still remember when I criticized him multiple times for disappearing in big games

P.S:

I like Thiago and want him to extend his contract and stay in Munich
    Agreed. Only player that always showed up in the biggest games for us was/is Neuer, at least that's how I remember it these last 3-4 years.

Leave a comment:

• franz
    replied
    I'm glad every day that he never decided to leave us back to Barça or Pep's City.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post
    The ONLY player that ALWAYS showed up in biggest games since he came here. The disrespect he gets from some fans & German media is unreal.
    'The only player' and 'always showed up in biggest games' are two different exaggerations IMO
    I still remember when I criticized him multiple times for disappearing in big games

P.S:

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    The best moment in the game was when Thiago scored
    I like Thiago and want him to extend his contract and stay in Munich

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    The ONLY player that ALWAYS showed up in biggest games since he came here. The disrespect he gets from some fans & German media is unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by mavros View Post

No!
    The guy is already at the team of his dreams.....Farca.
    Only his body is still in Munich!
    What unhinged lunacy. Just remember when people call you a brain-dead hater, this is exactly why. The guy who left Barca for Bayern and has turned down numerous transfers down secretly craves a return to Barca? Lmao, I’ll be sure to file that right where it belongs.

Leave a comment:

• FernandoBR
    replied
    I can see mavros is still a very competent trilingual person. He writes English, Greek and Shit really well

Leave a comment:

• mavros
    replied

Like a moth to a flame, you just can't help yourself can you?
    No!
    The guy is already at the team of his dreams.....Farca.
    Only his body is still in Munich!

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by mavros View Post
    Relax mate,he only showed up in the first game.....and it was only Hertha!
    We'll play a couple of bigger games I suppose till May!
    Like a moth to a flame, you just can't help yourself can you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X