X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
    Maybe I'm making up the part about Thiago, but the part about Kimmich is 100% true. He pushed himself into MF.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
    I'm talking about the Kimmich part. How on earth did Kimmich force himself out of RB? That was a decision made by many differet coaches included Kovac, Flick, and Loew. Moreoever, Kimmich was always been a midfielder throughout his professional career, only ever playing makeshift roles at RB and CB when the team needed. The fact that Kimmich rightfully believes himself to be a midfielder should not be confused with refusing to play RB. Indeed, Kimmich had said numerous times that he's happy to play RB for the team, and has done so in many games now. I don't see how you've managed to concoct this evil, conniving persona about him for simply saying the truth: Kimmich is a midfielder by training.

And for what it's worth, I like him very much as a RB option and for most of last year preferred him there over CM.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    If he wasn't a good cm i'm sure Flick wouldn't put him there, it's not like he has someones nudes so he blackmailed his way to the position. It's obvious he has many qualities in that position and would start for most teams in the world as cm.

Leave a comment:

• PCapitalist
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post

Breaking news - Man invents fictional scenario and then gets mad about it!
    Maybe I'm making up the part about Thiago, but the part about Kimmich is 100% true. He pushed himself into MF.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    What da fvck???

Maybe I'm getting conspiratorial or even going into wishful thinking, but... Is it possible the hierarchy is trying to dump Thiago just to accommodate the German MF? If that turns out to be true I'm gonna be extremely mad and gonna hate Kimmich forever (I honestly already don't like Kimmich much for the way he pushed his way out of RB and into MF).

Breaking news - Man invents fictional scenario and then gets mad about it!

Leave a comment:

• Bazi
    replied
    What makes the most sense to me right now:

Option A:

Thiago assumed the involved clubs would find an agreement by the time he returned from the Spanish National Team. Liverpool's owners are extremely stingy and insist on the conclusion of the Wijnaldum transfer to Barcelona before making an offer. Barcelona however are in turmoil and have not yet concluded the departures of Arturo Vidal and Luis Suarez to afford Wijnaldum and his salary. Messi's decision not to pursue legal action also means his 60M € salary is also still on the books so Barca's financial flexibility is limited.

Thiago has now found himself in an unexpected situation in which he has to stall and defend this uncertain situation that he was not (but should have been) prepared for and is making some poorly worded and vague remarks.

My assumption:

The transfer will still go through once Barcelona have successfully shipped off their liabilities.

Option B:

He initiated his exit from Bayern München without any firm commitment from another club and is now backpaddling heavily because he severely misjudged the market for his services which makes the transfer a whole lot more complicated and potentially less financially attractive.

What speaks against it: I can't believe a 29 year old veteran who must have spent countless hours considering this move would initiate his departure without a firm commitment and an unofficial contract offer from the club he's planning to join.
    Last edited by Bazi; 05-09-2020, 16:52.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    What da fvck???

Maybe I'm getting conspiratorial or even going into wishful thinking, but... Is it possible the hierarchy is trying to dump Thiago just to accommodate the German MF? If that turns out to be true I'm gonna be extremely mad and gonna hate Kimmich forever (I honestly already don't like Kimmich much for the way he pushed his way out of RB and into MF).

Seems pretty weird to hate someone for something they didn't do.

Leave a comment:

• PCapitalist
    replied
    What da fvck???

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by Bazi View Post
    If Rummenigge hadn't basically confirmed that Thiago is planning to leave I may have interpreted his words differently, but in light of KHR's and Flick's statements these answers from Thiago sound like stall tactics because his transfer is not progressing due to Liverpool's reluctance to make an offer before Wijnaldum is off the books.
    Maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't remember KHR/Flick saying anything firmer than "it seems like he wishes to leave."

Leave a comment:

• Bazi
    replied
    If Rummenigge hadn't basically confirmed that Thiago is planning to leave I may have interpreted his words differently, but in light of KHR's and Flick's statements these answers from Thiago sound like stall tactics because his transfer is not progressing due to Liverpool's reluctance to make an offer before Wijnaldum is off the books.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Se queda

Thiago in Spain press conference: "I have not told anyone that I'm leaving. Every year, they put me in a different club. For me my future is tomorrow's game (against Ukraine) and there is nothing more to say. I neither care nor am I interested. What interests me is tomorrow"

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post

Wasn't the game played in Stuttgart? I dont think "here" would make sense.
    Gotcha, I had missed the context!

Leave a comment:

• Die Roten Mun
    replied
    Thiago is leaving because he wants to try something new, when a player thinks that way it's hard to change his mind

Adios Thiago

Leave a comment:

• Bazi
    replied
    Hoping for Thiago to stay at Bayern at this point is foolish. He's gone as soon as Barca sign Wijnaldum.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Did he say "there" or "here" in his actual words? Direction is important.
    Wasn't the game played in Stuttgart? I dont think "here" would make sense.
    Last edited by L4nd3r; 04-09-2020, 09:36.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Did he say "there" or "here" in his actual words? Direction is important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X