X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post

Yes but my point was that the team itself recovered and other players took over. Thiago actually pretty much took over from Kroos.

Btw damn the Ballack scenario is hard to imagine today if we talk Bayern-Chelsea, different times that was.

And speaking of Lucio, this always saddens me a little..

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-in...-54899229.html

Fuck Lucio and that scumbag of a club he played for

Ballack desperately needed that move back in the days for his status, Bundesliga was probably one of the most boring and def the ugliest league out there out of the top 5 lol he was one of the most successful Germans of that decade, Merkel’s liebling before Schweini and she doesn’t mention names every day after all

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post

The last 2 won a CL without/against us so I hope we'll do better than that tho
    Yes but my point was that the team itself recovered and other players took over. Thiago actually pretty much took over from Kroos.

Btw damn the Ballack scenario is hard to imagine today if we talk Bayern-Chelsea, different times that was.

And speaking of Lucio, this always saddens me a little..

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-in...-54899229.html

Last edited by OnlyInsider; 15-07-2020, 20:37.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied

I agree fully.

For me would it be a shame if he goes but there was a Bayern before Thiago and there will be a Bayern after. We lost important players before (Ballack, Lucio, Kroos just to name a few) and recovered.
    The last 2 won a CL without/against us so I hope we'll do better than that tho

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    I love him and do believe the board was at fault in the first place but as of now if he wants to leave then so be it, the most successful Bayern ever in history was born without him and other clubs during his spell here witnessed success, too. He is 29 and it's ok to want to look to try something else in life at that stage. What matters the most is to strengthen the squad adequately and that's what keeps me worried.
    I agree fully.

For me would it be a shame if he goes but there was a Bayern before Thiago and there will be a Bayern after. We lost important players before (Ballack, Lucio, Kroos just to name a few) and recovered.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Muller25 View Post

I love Thiago. I'm a huge fan. But what are you 1st and foremost (as I think we all are)? A Bayern fan. Fact is most of us were Bayern fans before Thiago joined Bayern and will be Bayern fans after Thiago changes clubs or retires. So I care WAY more about Bayern than I do Thiago. Bayern can have a void left bc they waited for a Thiago decision and it was too late to get a player to replace him. Making Bayern not nearly as good (as the could be) if we forced a decision that might not hurt them as bad.

I'm clearly a huge Muller fan. If this was him... I'd be saying the same thing. Bc just to put it into present day. Would we not go incredibly hard after Havertz if Muller's contract was in limbo? I think it would change our stance on things. It's no different with Thiago. Who's playing in the midfield for us next year if we lose him? Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso and Cuisance? I think we need more. The longer we wait, the less likelihood we can get the best replacement we can if Thiago leaves.
    101% agreed with you but Bayern have managed to hurt themselves way too many times in the past without being blatantly dependent on any of their players' decisions. I do believe Bayern are or should be way stronger than their players and not fall hostage to them, no matter who the player in question is. But the lack of trust towards the club amongst fans has become evident and they've failed us way too many times to simply give up on one of our most performing players. I tendentially believe what's been specifically reported on the case thus far but German outlets have been fooled a decent amount of times to not buy it just yet, too. In a nutshell, since this is a Bayern forum, I am not surprised to see Bayern fans waiting to believe some news, too.

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post

You and Muller25 better buy a mirror real fast!
    I think you need to wear glasses

and stop with the victim mentality regarding Thiago, it doesn't suit you really

just because we are questioning what's going on doesn't mean we're not wanting him to stay. It's not as black/white as you make it out to be

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    On a side note but why is there such a reluctancy towards welcoming fanboying over here (as long as it doesn't get toxic, it is)?
    Thiago has literally been one of our most prominent players of the 2nd half of the last decade and, quite frankly, I believe it's only logic to spot some bias towards him or other similar profiles (whereas some others would find it harder to sympathize with other players) amongst Bayern fans...especially since this is a forum for Bayern fans.
    I love Thiago. I'm a huge fan. But what are you 1st and foremost (as I think we all are)? A Bayern fan. Fact is most of us were Bayern fans before Thiago joined Bayern and will be Bayern fans after Thiago changes clubs or retires. So I care WAY more about Bayern than I do Thiago. Bayern can have a void left bc they waited for a Thiago decision and it was too late to get a player to replace him. Making Bayern not nearly as good (as the could be) if we forced a decision that might not hurt them as bad.

I'm clearly a huge Muller fan. If this was him... I'd be saying the same thing. Bc just to put it into present day. Would we not go incredibly hard after Havertz if Muller's contract was in limbo? I think it would change our stance on things. It's no different with Thiago. Who's playing in the midfield for us next year if we lose him? Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso and Cuisance? I think we need more. The longer we wait, the less likelihood we can get the best replacement we can if Thiago leaves.

Leave a comment:

• St3ph3n
    replied
    If hè really said I need time after a counter proposal, it means hè has options
    Wonder who hmm

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    On a side note but why is there such reluctance towards welcoming fanboying over here (as long as it doesn't get toxic, it is)?
    Thiago has objectively been one of our most prominent players of the 2nd half of the last decade and, quite frankly, I believe it's only logic to spot some bias towards him or other similar profiles (whereas others would find it harder to sympathize with other players) amongst Bayern fans...especially since this is a forum for Bayern fans.
    Last edited by Bayer; 15-07-2020, 20:13.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied

Why are we comparing a real situation involving one of our very best players with a non-existent hypothetical involving one of our very worst...when there’s an entirely analogous contract negotiation happening with Alaba, a similarly important player!

It’s seriously like you’re bending over backwards to justify your media-sourced opinion. For the record, I’m giving Alaba (FUCK Coman lmao) the exact same consistent benefit of the doubt I’m giving Thiago. So thank you once again for showing how completely consistent I am, I really appreciate it!
    Bc what the media has reported. Alaba for starters hasn't been reported to having the offer he wants on the table. The report is that Thiago does. He has just said he needs time. From what the media has said regarding Alaba. Its about money. Which I don't blame a player if that's the case, bc they want their money, just as we all do.

I guess your stance has a side. I just find it very odd that several sources report the same things regarding both of them. And all of them are wrong. Possible? Of course. I just find it doubtful.

The reasons neither of the 2 of them have resigned are for different reasons according to several outlets. I can see Alaba's side. I don't see Thiago's side. According to several media outlets.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied

But I do feel you're taking your love for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. If this was Coman dragging his feet. I'm sure you wouldn't be this "calm" about it. It would be, make a damn decision and either stay or go. Bc we have to build a squad for 2020/21. Just bc it's Thiago shouldn't make him an exception. This is not me at all comparing them as players (obviously). It's me saying that NO player should be given a bottomless timeframe to give us an answer. Because if he does in fact leave we cant just roll with what we have. We have to squad plan accordingly. Thiago is not above the club and the squad.
    Why are we comparing a real situation involving one of our very best players with a non-existent hypothetical involving one of our very worst...when there’s an entirely analogous contract negotiation happening with Alaba, a similarly important player!

It’s seriously like you’re bending over backwards to justify your media-sourced opinion. For the record, I’m giving Alaba (FUCK Coman lmao) the exact same consistent benefit of the doubt I’m giving Thiago. So thank you once again for showing how completely consistent I am, I really appreciate it!

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied

And you know this how, exactly? Because the media whose sole job is to sell clicks and outrage told you so? Why on earth would the media know about a private contract negotiation?

Tell me, what does the media say about my fee agreements with clients? That’s a private contract, surely their magical information gathering skills would work on me too.

Sarcasm aside, you simply have no way of knowing this and neither does the media. Just chill.
    But I do feel you're taking your love for him and giving him the benefit of the doubt. If this was Coman dragging his feet. I'm sure you wouldn't be this "calm" about it. It would be, make a damn decision and either stay or go. Bc we have to build a squad for 2020/21. Just bc it's Thiago shouldn't make him an exception. This is not me at all comparing them as players (obviously). It's me saying that NO player should be given a bottomless timeframe to give us an answer. Because if he does in fact leave we cant just roll with what we have. We have to squad plan accordingly. Thiago is not above the club and the squad.
    Last edited by Muller25; 15-07-2020, 19:49.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied

Where do you see the fans are not giving him the benefit of the doubt?

We literally said the media might be telling bullshit

But you simply can't deny that this is on him as the contract was there, done and dusted, ready for him to sign and he didn't - yet
    You and Muller25 better buy a mirror real fast!

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied

Its a business though. Your employer wants to keep you and offers you something. You don't have a unlimited time frame to respond if you accept or not. And neither should he. No player should. Bayern is a employer and he owes them the respect of at least an answer to what the current offer is.
    And you know this how, exactly? Because the media whose sole job is to sell clicks and outrage told you so? Why on earth would the media know about a private contract negotiation?

Tell me, what does the media say about my fee agreements with clients? That’s a private contract, surely their magical information gathering skills would work on me too.

Sarcasm aside, you simply have no way of knowing this and neither does the media. Just chill.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    I love him and do believe the board was at fault in the first place but as of now if he wants to leave then so be it, the most successful Bayern ever in history was born without him and other clubs during his spell here witnessed success, too. He is 29 and it's ok to want to look to try something else in life at that stage. What matters the most is to strengthen the squad adequately and that's what keeps me worried.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X