Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dips82 View Post

    VAR was used and the original decision by the referee stood correct...
    VAR has been used absolutely horribly in the English League. I think at some point last year they mentioned that no ref has ever gone to look at VAR for himself in the PL. So VAR is pretty much unreliable there.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wavy View Post

      VAR has been used absolutely horribly in the English League. I think at some point last year they mentioned that no ref has ever gone to look at VAR for himself in the PL. So VAR is pretty much unreliable there.
      He did check the red card yesterday I think.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by misafeco View Post

        He did check the red card yesterday I think.
        That's because the protocol says he has to.

        Comment


        • We really should've kept him, even if it means we wouldn't get a penny.

          Seems the board were more concerned trying to balance the books than having the best possible squad.
          Last edited by OnlyInsider; 27-09-2020, 21:25.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
            We really should've kept him, even if it means we wouldn't get a penny.

            Seems the board were more concerned trying to balance the books than having the best possible squad.
            They were more concerned with giving the number 6 to Kimmich.

            Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • I knew we won't be able to replace him in this current transfer window. We should've kept him even if it means that we will lose him for free.

              Comment


              • He wanted to leave guys, his mind was set on trying something else, keeping him against his will for one more year wouldn't have done us any good.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                  He wanted to leave guys, his mind was set on trying something else, keeping him against his will for one more year wouldn't have done us any good.
                  You know I agree with you and if we had 2-3 more options on our bench then we maybe could've lived with losing him. But I simply don't believe the board didn't know how difficult this window would be for us.

                  We need all available players and I think Thiago would've understod if we said we had to keep him for his last remaining year.

                  But he's gone now and it is what it is.
                  Last edited by OnlyInsider; 27-09-2020, 22:26.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bayer View Post
                    He wanted to leave guys, his mind was set on trying something else, keeping him against his will for one more year wouldn't have done us any good.
                    I don't think he was desperate to leave. He could've stayed for one more season then signed for free with another club

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post

                      You know I agree with you and if we had 2-3 more options on our bench then we maybe could've lived with losing him. But I simply don't believe the word didn't know how difficult this window would be for us.

                      We need all available players and I think Thiago would've understod if we said we had to keep him for his last remaining year.

                      But he's gone now and it is what it is.
                      Part of being a family is understanding your player's wish and grant him the move he wanted. Leverage was all on Thiago contract wise and Bayern knew that perfectly. Remember both parts were close to a mutual agreement and all it took was a Klopp's phone call to change his mind. : )

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mea95 View Post

                        I don't think he was desperate to leave. He could've stayed for one more season then signed for free with another club
                        I think he knew this was his last chance and was pretty keen on the move. The fact he was willing to wait for this long for Liverpool (the club that then didn't bat an eye to move on paying £40m for Diogo Jota) to play this stupid poker with Bayern to reduce the fee only proves this in my eyes. Financially speaking, too, makes little to none sense to lose a player for free when you actually have a chance to actually gain some money, as little as it is. Balance books are actually tougher to handle than most of us think and also Bayern, no matter the situation we are in, need to be careful. Also as far as I can remember Bayern hardly get involved in fights to convince their players to stay (except for Lewa and Ribéry and the leverage, in both cases, for different reason, was all on Bayern). It's fine to sell a 29-year-old midf and grant him the move he wished for. It's the part of not looking for a proper replacement where Bayern are at fault.

                        Comment


                        • Help us, Obi-wan Thiago, you're our only hope!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Grey View Post
                            Help us, Obi-wan Thiago, you're our only hope!
                            He joined the dark side

                            Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                              He joined the dark side

                              Enviado de meu Moto Z2 Play usando o Tapatalk
                              No, there is still good in him!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bayer View Post

                                I think he knew this was his last chance and was pretty keen on the move. The fact he was willing to wait for this long for Liverpool (the club that then didn't bat an eye to move on paying �40m for Diogo Jota) to play this stupid poker with Bayern to reduce the fee only proves this in my eyes. Financially speaking, too, makes little to none sense to lose a player for free when you actually have a chance to actually gain some money, as little as it is. Balance books are actually tougher to handle than most of us think and also Bayern, no matter the situation we are in, need to be careful. Also as far as I can remember Bayern hardly get involved in fights to convince their players to stay (except for Lewa and Rib�ry and the leverage, in both cases, for different reason, was all on Bayern). It's fine to sell a 29-year-old midf and grant him the move he wished for. It's the part of not looking for a proper replacement where Bayern are at fault.
                                No, it's not fine. We ended up weaker ourselves and made our number one competitor stronger.

                                Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X