No announcement yet.

Thiago Alcántara

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liverpool hasn’t even shown an ability to consistently quality for Europe yet they’re our direct rival?

There are literally 10 teams that are bigger rivals than Liverpool. It’s astounding to me how much deference you all are willing to show to them for precisely 0 reason at all. We’re supposed to be impressed by ONE league title? By one of the ugliest CL runs in the weakest iteration in years? Come the fuck on. It’s time to stop pretending that two accidental accolades are enough to bring Liverpool anywhere near our level.

Look, Thiago left Bayern because he wanted a challenge. By his own definition Liverpool are an inferior team.

Comment

• It's funny to think that Liverpool only won the CL in recent times because of major fuck ups from their opponents. Not only were they fecking lucky to get out of the groupstage in 2005, it took them 2 goals in the last 10 mins against Olympiakos to go through.

Then Milan absolutely hammered them in the first half and should've won comfortably. Liverpool only got back because Milan got complacent not to forget Gerrard dived to get a penalty. Even as the game was 3-3 was it powerplay toward Liverpools goal.

In 2019 they again had to rely on one of the biggest choke jobs ever and Barca gave it to them. They never had a CL campaign like us where they were so much better than anybody else, not to forget they don't have any trebles lol.

With that said, I respect their pedigree in Europe but even if we both have 6 European Cups are ours definitely more impressive imo. When we won in 2013 and this year we were just so much better than anybody else.

Another thing is Liverpool fans really became smug lately. It took them just 2 good seasons to forget where they're coming from in the past 25-30 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
        Look, Thiago left Bayern because he wanted a challenge. By his own definition Liverpool are an inferior team.
        Your rival isn't necessarily bigger/better than you. As I've said they have weak points and we can beat them, but they are a solid team and can also beat us.

Originally posted by Grey View Post
        There are literally 10 teams that are bigger rivals than Liverpool.
        I don't know what's your definition of "rival". Could you please list those 10 teams?

Comment

• How can a team that we have literally played twice in the last 19 years be our rival?
          Furthermore a club that we've played 3 times in nearly 40 years.

Comment

• Nobody really said they're our rivals, this whole debate started when Grey said they're not even our competition, which is a gross overreaction.

Comment

• Our true European rival is and will always be Real Madrid. There's not a more played fixture in European football than FC Bayern München - Real Madrid, it's matches every one loves to see.

In short it's the European classic and it doesn't get bigger than this in international football.

https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/gal...history-041217

Comment

• Dortmund, Chelsea, City, Real, Atletico, Barcelona, PSG, Sevilla, Arsenal, and Manchester United are all teams with bigger stating power than Liverpool and you bet your ass I just said that about Arsenal.

The recency bias is insane. Look, I’m open to the idea that Liverpool is the best team of all time, ready to win the next 3 CLs in a row, I really am. They’re a fun team with an enormous upward trajectory. But it’s been all of two whole seasons of success, that’s it. There’s literally nothing any team can do in the space of such short time to immediately change the status quo. They’re going to need a couple more seasons of staying power before we’re going to be able to tell.

Here’s an anology all Bayern fans should get. Neuer was the best keeper in the world in 2010, but it wasn’t until 2013/14 that he started being considered as such among all international fans. That doesn’t mean the international fans were wrong, only that it took 3-4 years to be able to tell for sure. With Liverpool you all may be 100% correct; we just won’t be able to know, objectively, until a few seasons go by. Until then, their entire success til now can be attributed to nothing more than luck and good form.

Comment

• It seems he tested positive for COVID-19.

Comment

• That wouldn't happen had he stayed here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                      Dortmund, Chelsea, City, Real, Atletico, Barcelona, PSG, Sevilla, Arsenal, and Manchester United are all teams with bigger stating power than Liverpool and you bet your ass I just said that about Arsenal.

The recency bias is insane. Look, I’m open to the idea that Liverpool is the best team of all time, ready to win the next 3 CLs in a row, I really am. They’re a fun team with an enormous upward trajectory. But it’s been all of two whole seasons of success, that’s it. There’s literally nothing any team can do in the space of such short time to immediately change the status quo. They’re going to need a couple more seasons of staying power before we’re going to be able to tell.

Here’s an anology all Bayern fans should get. Neuer was the best keeper in the world in 2010, but it wasn’t until 2013/14 that he started being considered as such among all international fans. That doesn’t mean the international fans were wrong, only that it took 3-4 years to be able to tell for sure. With Liverpool you all may be 100% correct; we just won’t be able to know, objectively, until a few seasons go by. Until then, their entire success til now can be attributed to nothing more than luck and good form.
                      Arsenal is our competition for the CL? We have hammered them on aggregate 50-0 over the past 4 years. Barcelona? We just hammered them 8-2 or am I missing something. Chelsea??? We hammered those 10-0. United????? They haven't been on the CL over the past 8 years!!!

If Bayern were in a final tomorrow, the most difficult opponents would be Liverpool and possibly PSG. Maybe add Madrid for the sheer weight of their pedigree.

We sold Thiago to one of the 2 or 3 teams that would have the best chances to beat us in a tie.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                        Arsenal is our competition for the CL? We have hammered them on aggregate 50-0 over the past 4 years. Barcelona? We just hammered them 8-2 or am I missing something. Chelsea??? We hammered those 10-0. United????? They haven't been on the CL over the past 8 years!!!

If Bayern were in a final tomorrow, the most difficult opponents would be Liverpool and possibly PSG. Maybe add Madrid for the sheer weight of their pedigree.

We sold Thiago to one of the 2 or 3 teams that would have the best chances to beat us in a tie.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Arsenal had the privilege of meeting Bayern in the CL numerous times over the past 10 years. Liverpool can't even hold that accolodade.

But yeah, I'm sure we're about to hear a really convincing argument why Scunthorpe are our direct rivals because Arsenal have a worse goal deficit against Bayern lmao. This screams of international fans after the 2004 Euros who were absolutely CONVINCED Greece was gonna be the next big player on the international scene, all because of one good year. Relax, if Liverpool were really 30% as good as you all say, they'll have no problem creating a track record against Bayern.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I won't forgive you for what you did last summer

Comment

• I miss you

Comment

• Like the deserts miss the rain

Comment

• But the adulation for every mind-bending pass ends here. With Klopp’s men in need of something more from their serial-winner to get their title-challenge back on track, celebrating the mere fact Thiago is a Liverpool player has to stop.

If you, scousers, are unhappy, we could gladly take him on loan.

Comment

Working...
                                X