#9 Robert Lewandowski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
    Klopp needs to be coaching Bayern one day and I think he will, he's German after all and there for it will be one of the biggest tasks and honours for him.

With that said, it doesn't look like he's leaving Liverpool anytime soon so we better find a good solution.
    Seen that he has already coached a top international club in Liverpool, he might be going for the Germany NT job after his time at Liverpool, rather than for the Bayern job

Comment

• I wish we had more players like Lewa

Comment

• I wish we had 15 Lewas in our squad

Comment

• Only two Bayern players scored more goals for us than him in the BL, guess who - absolute legend and we should imo appreciate him much more than we sometimes do. We gonna struggle replacing him the day he's gone for more than one reason.

'
          Last edited by OnlyInsider; 02-02-2020, 00:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
            Only two Bayern players scored more goals than him in the BL, guess who - absolute legend and we should imo appreciate him much more than we sometimes do. We gonna struggle replacing him the day he's gone for more than one reason.

'
            Couldn't agree more! At the age when so many players lose their football skills or hunger, Lewa still is at the top of his game and as good as ever. He set the bar so high with his consistency and all around game, it will be a giant task to replace him when he eventually leaves or retires. He will leave some big boots to fill for our next number nine, that's for sure. These numbers can intimidate any up and coming striker. 150 goals but that's only in BuLi, according to transfermarkt in total he has scored freakin 224 goals for us so far, over 5 and a half season he has been at Bayern. This is an insane number for a top league player. His consistency is incredible. As you say, the guy is a legend and we are lucky to have him (and he came in for free, lol). Let's just hope he'll stay hungry as long as it's possible and will give us few more seasons at the top of his game. So, the next milestone... 200 BuLi goals?

Comment

• I’m critical to Lewa not performing in big matches like lots on here.
              My question is what proves that theory wrong? If he plays good the next couple rounds but we get knocked out in the semifinals let’s say and he doesn’t perform there, but did good in the Round of 16 and quarterfinals... does that negate his lack of production in big games?

So what for you negates you calling Lewa not a big game player? Does he have to score in every round, every game and win the CL to do that for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                I’m critical to Lewa not performing in big matches like lots on here.
                My question is what proves that theory wrong? If he plays good the next couple rounds but we get knocked out in the semifinals let’s say and he doesn’t perform there, but did good in the Round of 16 and quarterfinals... does that negate his lack of production in big games?

So what for you negates you calling Lewa not a big game player? Does he have to score in every round, every game and win the CL to do that for you?
                We had it conversation couple times already. In short, for me Lewa not performing in big games is a convenient myth some people came up to have a some sort of explanation for our not winning the CL after the last time, or I don't know they need a scapegoat (bent Hungarian referees made so much better scapegoats than any Bayern player IMHO) or for some other weird reason.
                For me this "Lewa not performing in big games" belongs together with folk fairy tales and premonitions, together with vampires, garlic, werewolves and silver bullets, and all the voodoo mumbo jumbo stuff. Actually, I'd say I believe in vampires and voodoo more than in the myth of Lewa not performing in big games.

I believe the real question here is not "can he do it in big games", but what is THE BIG GAME, really. For some people (hi Fernando) a big game takes only in the knock out stages of the CL (and not on Allianz Arena!). For me, a big game is every game with our most prominent rivals, be it versus team from BuLi top 4-6 or any game in CL, whether it's Crvena Zvezda, or Tottenham (I find it funny if anyone says it werent two big games for us, vs Londoners, even considering their poor form this season). Hell, even a game against Paderborn or Fortuna could be a big game when it's happens on the last matchday of the season and we're level on points with Lipstick or other title contender.

I gotta say, actually I'm much less worried about Lewa than about our midfield and especially our shaky defense vs Chelsea. We have the players who can score and some of the players are hitting the optimal form at this very moment (Gnabry, Muller, Thiago looks good, maybe Coman? As for Lewa, obviously he has been in the optimal form since the beginning of the season). The problem is, we are prone to losing focus as a team, sometimes struggle to keep the ball under pressure and invite a lot of attacks, which we can't deal with properly (as many games this season showed, Koln including). That's my biggest worry regarding the CL. I just hope Lampard's won't outwit Flick completely. But even considering above issues I think we have a very good chance to advance to semi finals this season.
                Last edited by Chucky; 17-02-2020, 22:34.

Comment

• I don't expect him to score in every CL knockout match, but a player of the quality he thinks himself at should be scoring at least 85% of them. The number of times these past years that the games we are knocked out coincide with the same games that Lewa doesn't score is downright embarrassing for him. In no way is the fault 100% on his shoulders, but the reputational damage certainly is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                    I don't expect him to score in every CL knockout match, but a player of the quality he thinks himself at should be scoring at least 85% of them. The number of times these past years that the games we are knocked out coincide with the same games that Lewa doesn't score is downright embarrassing for him. In no way is the fault 100% on his shoulders, but the reputational damage certainly is.
                    So what’s it going to take for him to go for you to remove the “he isn’t a big gene player” tag away from him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Muller25 View Post

So what’s it going to take for him to go for you to remove the “he isn’t a big gene player” tag away from him?
                      Winning against a world class team over two legs OR scoring a goal in the first leg of a two-legged match that we lose (ie, more than a consolation goal in the second leg). It's honestly not that much to ask I feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

Winning against a world class team over two legs OR scoring a goal in the first leg of a two-legged match that we lose (ie, more than a consolation goal in the second leg). It's honestly not that much to ask I feel.
                        What exactly is a 'world class team' though? Is Chelsea a world class team or not? A genuine question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post

What exactly is a 'world class team' though? Is Chelsea a world class team or not? A genuine question.
                          Chelsea won't count for the first category, absolutely not, but if we lose against Chelsea and he doesn't score (except for maybe a consolation goal in leg 2), then it will definitely count against him. Lewandowski can only beat the teams put in front of him, and you don't typically play world class teams until later in the CL.

Comment

• Comment

• I hear he’s quite good, might have a bright future ahead of him here.

Comment

• A sort of amusing anecdote for you guys... About a year ago around January- February I remember having a few chats with a Polish coworker about football. He knew I was supporting Bayern and he kept telling me Lewandowski is a top striker and all, but he's aging, has his best years behind him (he kept mentioning Lewa's Borussia period, his goals against Real as his peak). Last but not least he kept salivating himself over Polish hottest striker Piatek who was literally tearing Serie A apart back then. He was adamant saying how much more 'naturally talented' Piatek is and how soon will eclipse Lewa with his club and national accomplishments. I said, let's give it some time and we'll see

I just remembered all that as I looked at live BuLi table and saw Piatek's Hertha getting whipped by FC Koeln at home, 0-3 by halftime... I guess Piatek is too busy keeping Hertha above the drop zone right now to think about eclipsing poor old Lewa

As for Lewa, it's funny when we can say he had somewhat average performance, yet at the same time he's netted in two goals I guess it just says a lot about the standards Lewa had set for himself. 25 goals in BuLi this season and counting, he's a gift that just keeps on giving.
                                Last edited by Chucky; 22-02-2020, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X