No announcement yet.

#27 David Alaba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaba was godlike during his early years.. Did he already have his peak at 20?

Comment

• All 3 goals came from his side tonight , and didn't add anything special offensively

He should wake up or get relegated to the bench

Comment

• I think that midfield stuff ruined him as a back. Sadly enough. After that he often lacked concentration.

Was it the austrian national coach who placed him there ? Can't remember

Comment

• Originally posted by Argeta View Post
          Alaba was godlike during his early years.. Did he already have his peak at 20?
          Yes.

Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
          I think that midfield stuff ruined him as a back. Sadly enough. After that he often lacked concentration.

Was it the austrian national coach who placed him there ? Can't remember
          He was a former midfielder, for Austria he always played midfield, because he wasn't really needed at LB, they had Fuchs.

Comment

• This guy needs to be sold. He looked awful all last season and was awful again today, so I have no reason to think otherwise. Sell him to a club and get midfield money for him and sign a new LB. With how poor our backline has been having pretty much just a strictly offensive LB isn't working.

Comment

• Was good when Ribery had the stamina to do the defensive work for him. Either we get a LW who can act the same role as Ribs did or we sell this guy.

Comment

• Remember when Bernat had considered leaving as he wanted a starting role? If Alaba keeps this form up then that could be real soon

Comment

• Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
                  Remember when Bernat had considered leaving as he wanted a starting role? If Alaba keeps this form up then that could be real soon
                  I'm not a big Bernat fan and I even agree with this.

Comment

• Im all in for Bernat playing instead of Alaba, he needs to be benched

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                      Boa and Müller continued to be great... Müller regressed (at Bayern) after a certain Italian took over.

Alaba yeah, he's shit for years now
                      Muller actually begun regressing in the second half of the last Pep season. By the Euros he was in full regressed mode. Let's call a spade a spade and be fair to both Guardiola and Ancelotti. Boa begun regressing at the same time.

Alaba has been shit for several seasons now. He is one of my favorite players and won't advocate selling him, but a VERY strong LB should be brought in to compete and Alaba should get an ultimatum.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by PCapitalist; 28-09-2017, 13:33.

Comment

• i don't understand how someone at this level can defend like this. him and sule should set on the bench for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Guys, Alaba had just come back from an injury, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Almost everybody was playing like shit under Ancelotti, let's wait and see how he performs under new management.

We all know what he can do given a world class partner in the wings, he hasn't had that in 3 years now.

Comment

• To me Alaba is one of special Bayern players that I will stick by even when they are not perfoming. However I propose buying a quality LB thus forcing him to sit on the bench or return to being the player he was in 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
                              Guys, Alaba had just come back from an injury, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Almost everybody was playing like shit under Ancelotti, let's wait and see how he performs under new management.

We all know what he can do given a world class partner in the wings, he hasn't had that in 3 years now.
                              Of course we have to give him a chance. But he has been ATROCIOUS for 2-3 seasons now. Most declined played on the whole squad IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                                Of course we have to give him a chance. But he has been ATROCIOUS for 2-3 seasons now. Most declined played on the whole squad IMO.

I disagree, he has declined alright, but Ribery has declined WAAAAY more than David, and given the fact that probably half of Alaba's good performance was due to his perfect link up play with Ribery, it is no wonder he has been atrocious.

My point is that we shouldn't be judging him for underperforming under two managers that flopped, and without a proper partner at the wings. If Tuchel comes, and he underperforms, then I'm all for selling him away.

Comment

Working...
                                X