#27 David Alaba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bazi View Post

In German "umfahren" can both mean "to drive around someone" and "to knock someone over with a vehicle". The only difference is the pronounciation.
    Huh, English has this confusion too, but not within a single part of speech. To “drive by” and a “drive by” mean, respectively, to pass around (verb) versus a type of vehicular assault (noun).

Comment

• Zahavi now saying its not in their hands. With other words either pay the amount we asked or we wont sign. I would seriously think of selling Alaba this summer or make a harder stance if he cannot find a buyer and doesn't extend that we wont count on him. No need to keep him for another year and lose him for free. Probably they are counting on that. Another year here then for free somewhere where Zahavi and Alaba get huge signing bonuses and alaba gets high salary. Bayern is family but players start to take advantage of that.

Comment

• We've got to sell Alaba in the last 20 days of the transfer window with him entering his last year on the contract. This is going to be entertaining. I don't see David agreeing a contract soon.

Comment

• More than one meaning from a Bayern fans point of view lol

Last edited by OnlyInsider; 16-09-2020, 13:31.

Comment

• Not surprisingly: With his all-round blow against Alaba side, Honorary President Hoeneß irritated even the highest decision makers of FCBayern. None of this had been agreed upon. The criticism of the player's father was particularly surprising.

Those responsible are now trying to smooth the waves and bring the negotiations to a positive end. The hope for an agreement still exists. Coach Flick is planning for the new season with Alaba.
            Last edited by mea95; 16-09-2020, 13:02.

Comment

• I absolutely hate having to play games (literally in 2.5 days) and not knowing our roster for the season. I final decision needs to be made on 4 things.

1. Thiago at CM. Let his contract run out at this stage.
              2. Alaba at CB/LB. Just agree to terms. Give him slightly below 20mill a year and call it a day.
              3. A RB. Just sign Dest already.
              4. A 4th wing. Bring in a body at least. We literally have no one to fill that spot right now besides playing Muller out of position which would hurt this team more than help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                I absolutely hate having to play games (literally in 2.5 days) and not knowing our roster for the season. I final decision needs to be made on 4 things.

1. Thiago at CM. Let his contract run out at this stage.
                2. Alaba at CB/LB. Just agree to terms. Give him slightly below 20mill a year and call it a day.
                3. A RB. Just sign Dest already.
                4. A 4th wing. Bring in a body at least. We literally have no one to fill that spot right now besides playing Muller out of position which would hurt this team more than help us.
                No, Alaba most not be allowed to break or wage structure. He most earn less than Müller and Lewy.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                  No, Alaba most not be allowed to break or wage structure. He most earn less than Müller and Lewy.

Less then Lewa yes. But no reason he can’t be paid similar to Müller. We are going to have to pay Kimmich in this range soon as well. So we have to adjust with times. It’s called inflation.

Comment

Less then Lewa yes. But no reason he can’t be paid similar to M�ller. We are going to have to pay Kimmich in this range soon as well. So we have to adjust with times. It’s called inflation.
                    No. Alaba is not anywhere near as important to Bayern as Müller is, and should not be allowed to break our wage structure. Alaba is completely replaceable and disposable. We, in fact, already have a LCB that should be better than him in the squad. If Hernandez comes good, Alaba belongs in the bench, and you don't pay Müller wages to a bench guy.

Alaba LOST HIS STARTING SPOT to a 19yo kid, and he pretends being one of our top earners? Well, sorry. He doesn't deserve it.

Comment

No. Alaba is not anywhere near as important to Bayern as Müller is, and should not be allowed to break our wage structure. Alaba is completely replaceable and disposable. We, in fact, already have a LCB that should be better than him in the squad. If Hernandez comes good, Alaba belongs in the bench, and you don't pay Müller wages to a bench guy.

Alaba LOST HIS STARTING SPOT to a 19yo kid, and he pretends being one of our top earners? Well, sorry. He doesn't deserve it.

Alaba was a HUGE reason we won the treble last season. I don’t think you’re giving him enough credit. Just bc we have depth at CB doesn’t mean we can’t pay our talents that deserve pay days. His versatility is big for us. I’d even like to see him at CM if we keep him and if we unfortunately lose Thiago.

Comment

Alaba was a HUGE reason we won the treble last season. I don’t think you’re giving him enough credit. Just bc we have depth at CB doesn’t mean we can’t pay our talents that deserve pay days. His versatility is big for us. I’d even like to see him at CM if we keep him and if we unfortunately lose Thiago.
                        There will be a rude awakening once Süle/Hernandez and Kimmich/Goretzka have to carry our possession game and early build-up.

Comment

Alaba didn't lose his spot to Davies, Davies got his opportunity because we lost nearly every single CB and Alaba was the only one who could fill in. And you know that's true because even after our CBs returned from injury, Alaba STILL started as CB because he was that important to us.

Honestly I think Alaba had a bit of a 2013 Dante effect. Utterly amazing all season, but crap in the last couple of big(gest) games so that's what he's apparently remembered for. Alaba was an irreplaceable part of last season's treble and losing him would be a big blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

Alaba didn't lose his spot to Davies, Davies got his opportunity because we lost nearly every single CB and Alaba was the only one who could fill in. And you know that's true because even after our CBs returned from injury, Alaba STILL started as CB because he was that important to us.

Honestly I think Alaba had a bit of a 2013 Dante effect. Utterly amazing all season, but crap in the last couple of big(gest) games so that's what he's apparently remembered for. Alaba was an irreplaceable part of last season's treble and losing him would be a big blow.
                            You're right that Davies got his chance because we have a bunch of crooked CBs, but that doesn't change the fact that Alaba lost his starting fullback spot to Davies and won't get it back (unless Davies movies to the wing, which I don't expect him to).

As I've said before... Alaba was a key part of the treble by default. Just we never seem to have any depth. If we still had Hummels (just as an example), our starting defense would not contain Alaba.

As yo what Bazi says... We might have a rude awakening, but that is because of Thiago, not because of Alaba. Alaba Is very replaceable.

Comment

You're right that Davies got his chance because we have a bunch of crooked CBs, but that doesn't change the fact that Alaba lost his starting fullback spot to Davies and won't get it back (unless Davies movies to the wing, which I don't expect him to).

As I've said before... Alaba was a key part of the treble by default. Just we never seem to have any depth. If we still had Hummels (just as an example), our starting defense would not contain Alaba.

As yo what Bazi says... We might have a rude awakening, but that is because of Thiago, not because of Alaba. Alaba Is very replaceable.

Whether he's replaceable or not today is not the reason I replied - he was certainly not replaceable last season. Let's not rewrite history just because his current contract demands are unreasonable.

Comment

• Like i said if he stays here and doesn't extend he is gunnung for the huge bonuses and salary he will get at his new club. But in that situation it doesn't make sense to play Alaba anymore. Lucas should get every game there to improve and actually get to play most of the games. It would be even worse if alaba gets to play most of the games then leaves for free and lucas wants to leave is unsatisfied and we still dont know if he can make it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X