No announcement yet.

#27 David Alaba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David ALABA is the Bavarian version of Jordi ALBA.

There must be something in the name!

Comment

• ALABA >> ALBA no way for comparison imho

Comment

• I too find their skills similar.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbm View Post
          ALABA >> ALBA no way for comparison imho
          Because of the extra A?

Comment

• Alaba is part of our future

FCB all the way!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wavy View Post
              Because of the extra A?
              this is one reason, plus David is 20 years old while Jordi is 24 ! so he can surpass him easily !

Comment

• Yeah, but Alba has won the Euro and scored in the final, while Alaba will probably never even get close to such an achievement.

But yeah, they both run like hell, have good dribbling skills and are being used as left-backs. So yeah, they certainly play like each other.

Comment

• Can't wait to see this chap play again.

I wonder how he will cope with beeing a LWB from the start of the season. I'm sure it wasn't in his plans to be a defender after all his statements about his favourite position: CM.

Comment

• David Alaba "Newcomer of the Season"

Spielergewerkschaft VDV: Marco Reus ist Spieler der Saison - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

Elected by the Members of the German players' union, VDV

Comment

• He really deserves it, he's a very talented and hard-woking guy.

Comment

• Even though I like Alaba a lot and I think he made some great progress this season, I think ter Stegen "deserved" it more (I don't think you deserve something in football, you win it or you don't).

Why? Because Alaba made progress when half of the season already gone through. Not his fault, I know. But Ter Stegen was good all season long.

Comment

• Talented junior
                          Alaba setting standards Weiser aims to reach

In the annual readers’ poll conducted by respected journal kicker for the title Newcomer of the Year, a sensational 51.5 percent of the 181,722 votes went to Bayern starlet David Alaba. It was a dream result for the 20-year-old Austrian, who earned regular status at left-back for FCB in the second half of last season with a string of consistently strong performances.

David’s fellow pros also hailed his achievement, as the poll conducted by the professional footballers’ union (VDV) among players in the top four divisions in Germany also placed Alaba in top spot with 27.4 percent of the votes, ahead of Mönchengladbach's Patrick Herrmann on 16.6 percent. However, the Munich starlet is only too well aware that achievement in the past means nothing in terms of future success.

“It's pre-season and everyone starts again with the slate wiped clean," Alaba said after Friday morning training. “In the new season, every player has to prove himself again. It's a new year for all of us," he continued, noting that “very good new players have joined us. Each individual has to give it all he has and try for a place in the team."

The Vienna-born utility man made 30 Bundesliga appearances last term, and was a regular from the 21st matchday onwards. He started out in defensive midfield, but switched to left-back and made the position his own in early March when FCB demolished Hoffenheim 7–1. “I hope it continues like the last half-year," said David, “I want to play as many games as possible."

Setting new targets

Alaba was forced to watch the Champions League final against Chelsea from the stands due to suspension, but the 20-year-old said he had moved on from the club's bitter defeat while on vacation. “We have to turn our focus to the future, set ourselves new targets, and hit them, of course. I'll give it my best shot in every training session and try and put myself forward."

Newcomer Mitchell Weiser, who joined Munich from FC Köln a few days ago, is aiming for the level already reached by Alaba. “Overall, coming to Bayern is a dream," declared the gifted 18-year-old, “I've set myself very high standards, and that's what I’ve found at Bayern." Mitchell rates as Köln’s youngest ever Bundesliga player when he made his debut at the age of 17 years, 10 months and four days – and his counterpart at Bayern is Alaba, who was just 17 years, eight months and 12 days old when he made his first top-flight appearance.

Learning from the big names

Weiser, who feels at home “on both wings," is taking a realistic approach for the time being. “I want to watch the great players and learn from them," the Germany junior international explained, “over the long term, I'd obviously like to become a regular at some point, but I've not set myself any deadlines. I believe I have it in me to make it at some stage. In a year or two maybe, and it’s not a problem if it takes three years. I'm allowing myself however long it takes."

Team-mate Alaba has already spotted a great talent in the making. “He's not come to Bayern by accident. He's very, very talented and he’s shown it in training. He's doing exceptionally well," the Austria international enthused. As for Mitchell, he already feels comfortable in his new environment: “It's just as I imagined it would be." The only problem for the Rhineland native is the Bavarian dialect: “I have no issues apart from the way they speak. I just don't understand it." However, that can surely be solved in time.
                          FC Bayern München AG

Comment

• David Alaba: Matthias Sammer is very positive for us all

David Alaba: ?Matthias Sammer ist für uns alle sehr positiv!? - Goal.com

Comment

• Alaba: Bayern must look towards the future

David Alaba has urged Bayern Munich to move on from their trophyless 2011/12 campaign and turn their attentions to the future instead.

The Bavarians missed out on the Bundesliga title as well as the Champions League and DFB Pokal last season, and the wing-back is determined to do better this term as he aims to step up his personal progression.

"We have focus on the future, set ourselves new targets, and reach them, of course," Alaba was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"I'll give it my best shot in every training session and try and put myself forward.

"It's pre-season and everyone starts again with the slate wiped clean. In the new season, every player has to prove himself again.

"It's a new year for all of us. I want to play as many games as possible. I hope it continues like the last six months.

"Very good new players have joined us. Each individual has to give it all he has and strive for a place in the team."
                              Alaba: Bayern must look towards the future - Goal.com

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X