• Originally posted by EM1R View Post
      He will regain fitness in training not against Koln and Stuttgart
      match fitness

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
        match fitness
        Anyway

Comment

• You guys are crazy, as soon as he's 100% fit he should play ahead of ulreich no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
            Thought Sven made some good saves last night, think people are underrating him quite a bit. Very solid backup for the best Goalkeeper around
            Posted this on the 20th of September, I've had your back boi

Comment

• Originally posted by kailip View Post
              You guys are crazy, as soon as he's 100% fit he should play ahead of ulreich no matter what.
              Never again this season

A goalkeeper that made you win the BL, reach the DFB Pokal final and hopefully reach the CL final needs some respect and deserves to play the two finals

If Ulreich helped us to eliminate BVB, Leverkusen and other teams, why on earth he shouldn't play the final vs Frankfurt?
              Or when he helps us to win vs PSG, eliminate Besiktas, Sevilla & Real Madrid, why he shouldn't play the final vs Roma/Liverpool?

Neuer is great, one of the best in the history of football, but Sven needs some respect after all these great performances and DESERVES to play the finals when he is the one who made us reach them

Comment

Never again this season

A goalkeeper that made you win the BL, reach the DFB Pokal final and hopefully reach the CL final needs some respect and deserves to play the two finals

If Ulreich helped us to eliminate BVB, Leverkusen and other teams, why on earth he shouldn't play the final vs Frankfurt?
                Or when he helps us to win vs PSG, eliminate Besiktas, Sevilla & Real Madrid, why he shouldn't play the final vs Roma/Liverpool?

Neuer is great, one of the best in the history of football, but Sven needs some respect after all these great performances and DESERVES to play the finals when he is the one who made us reach them
                The question is: with which goalkeeper do we have the best chance to win the remaining matches? If the answer is not Ulreich, he shouldn't start no matter how good he was all year.
                I'm not sure this is the case as Neuer is probably still not 100%, but it's not my job to decide.

Comment

• Real Madrid is definitely the toughest opponent we will have this season
                  If Ulreich starts against RM (which is probably the case) and we eliminate them, there is no reason why he shouldn't start the two remaining finals

Comment

• Neuer with one eye is far better than Ulreich. He is a leader and the best keeper in the world. If he can train, he Must play. Especially against Madrid. Period.

Comment

Never again this season

I'm all for respect, but this has nothing to do with it.

Neuer is the better keeper and if he's fit (IF, I don't know exactly how fit he will be) he's going to play and that's it. Respect won't win the games against Madrid and Roma

Comment

• ^It's not only about respect ... but if we eliminated Real Madrid with Ulreich, give me a reason why wouldn't we be able to win against Roma or Liverpool with him between the sticks?

We eliminated BVB & Leverkusen with Ulreich, why wouldn't we be able to win vs Frankfurt with Ulreich starting?

Neuer is the better keeper when fit no doubt about it, but we no more need him this season when Ulreich played all the games and Neuer was out for more than 6 months

Comment

• So, hypothetically, if Barcelona was in Bayern's shoes and managed to beat Madrid without Messi due to him not being fit for a while they wouldn't field him in the upcoming matches after he recovered fully?

I don't get it, your point doesn't make much sense. We field the best talent based on who's the better player and who is more fit, especially for the most important matches of the season. If anything Ulreich could get some minutes at the start of next season then.

Comment

• Of course we need Neuer, he's the best goalkeeper in the world. While Ulreich has been really competent in his absence, he's still below Neuer's level.

Comment

So, hypothetically, if Barcelona was in Bayern's shoes and managed to beat Madrid without Messi due to him not being fit for a while they wouldn't field him in the upcoming matches after he recovered fully?

I don't get it, your point doesn't make much sense. We field the best talent based on who's the better player and who is more fit, especially for the most important matches of the season. If anything Ulreich could get some minutes at the start of next season then.

Indeed. There's no point.

Comment

So, hypothetically, if Barcelona was in Bayern's shoes and managed to beat Madrid without Messi due to him not being fit for a while they wouldn't field him in the upcoming matches after he recovered fully?
                                Ok this will be my last post regarding this topic since I'm repeating myself again and again

first of all, an outfield player and a goalkeeper have 2 very different positions
                                You can sub in an outfield player during a game and integrate him slowly to the team again until he is totally fit

you can't really do such thing with a GK since it's dumb to lose a sub on a GK during a game ... You need to start and finish the match with the same GK

Neuer has been out for more than 6 months, we don't really need to throw him in a tough match vs Real Madrid out of nowhere, especially that our 2nd GK is doing a magnificent job. It's risky as fuck isn't it?

We will still have 2 BL matches against weak opponents (Koln & Stuttgart) where Neuer can start and play before playing the 2 finals
                                Do we really need to take the risk and let him start both finals while we have a GK who is in top form and already made us reach these 2 finals eliminating tough opponents in both competitions?

Neuer can take the starting spot next season and put Ulreich on the bench again, but why take the risk in the few remaining games from this season when we still only have 4 games left (I'm not counting the BL games) and Ulreich did more than a good job?

When you answer these questions without:
                                1- bringing random examples like Messi being injured at Barca or whatever
                                2- using random answers like "because he is Neuer" or "Neuer with one eye is 10 times better than Ulreich" etc...

You will then understand my point

Ulreich played all the games of this season (except 2-3 matches) and proved that we can rely on him, so I don't see any point in making Neuer an automatic starter again because he had great performances in the previous seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X