X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would ANY decent keeper come here?

Comment

Originally posted by mavros View Post
      I wish you'll be equaly happy after seeing him performing in Bernabeou or Camp Nou, but I'm sure you won't be!
      Neither do I, of course!

Also, did we even bother to check if any one of those is available?
      What I mean to say is that our board do not show the proper interest in the buck up keeper position.
      It's a very serious matter for any team!

I'm sure that if Pep wasn't here we wouldn't have sign Reina, neither!
      It just happened because he was available and he declared his interest for Bayern because Pep was here!
      Again, you're presenting your opinions as facts. When you do so, be prepared to back them up with credible sources. So I ask again, on what do you base the argument that all the goalkeepers you mentioned are available?
      Last edited by micky; 16-06-2015, 18:56.

Comment

All in all, I watched before 2 years a team that was ready to conquere the top of the world for 5 years at least.

It's more than obvious that we now lost it!
        And that means that our board made some mistakes.
        I remind you that a couple of years before, our board stated that we were ready to sign every year 2 world class players spending about 80M depending to our needs.

Instead of this we were proud and laughing last summer, just because we signed 9 players spending only 49M.

Ιn the meantime we tragically lost our best midfielder (I don't care why. A team like Bayern is oblidged to offer anything to a player like this to stay), we bought Goetze who is a big flop untill he proves the opposite, Thiago who is the definition of injury prone, and a still have to prove himself central defender.
        Our only bearably succesive transfers were Lewa and Bernat but still no shining stars.

In the meantime Madrid signed Bale and won the CL and Farca signed Neymar and Suarez and won the treble....

Just as simple as that!

So, if any of you is satisfied with a transfer like this, then take Kimmich as well, Hojbjerg and that Mane or Embolo guy and get ready to be eliminated on the quarter final this time, watching Madrid, Farca or anybody else lifting the trophy.

We are FC Bayern and I demand from our board to correct their 2 years mistakes by spending big and sign players like Hazard, Reus, Di Maria, De Bruyne etc!

On toppic, it's unacceptable to my knowledge for any decent team not to have a quality 2nd goalkeeper

That's my 2 cents!

Comment

Originally posted by albanian7 View Post
          MAtS wouldn't leave if he wasn't guaranteed a nr of matches in Barca. And by the way, he is better than Bravo - why would they have a better backup than the first-choice? They both were bought in the same transfer window - coincidence?
          Yes, I know we should have found a new Reina or do our best to keep the old Pepe Reina. I'm simply saying, getting a top quality GK that may play a total of 0 minutes over a season is kinda hard.
          He proved to be better, mate.
          When they both signed Bravo was cinsidered to be the starting goalkeeper since he is more experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by micky View Post
            Again, you're presenting your opinions as facts. When you do so, be prepared to back them up with credible sources. So I ask again, on what do you base the argument that all the goalkeepers you mentioned are available?
            Do you mean that Bayern contact to any one of those and it just didn't get any publicity?
            Because allow me to believe that we would have heard some rumours at least.

Comment

Do you mean that Bayern contact to any one of those and it just didn't get any publicity?
              Because allow me to believe that we would have heard some rumours at least.
              I was referring to the fact that you claimed them all to be available. Inquiring about a player doesn't mean that the player is available. Whether Bayern did so or not is besides the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
                None of those top tier goalkeepers wants to sit on the bench and play 3 or 4 games a year. They have bigger aspirations and want to play more games. Because Neuer is THAT good, he will not cease to play unless he is injured.

As to Ter Stegen, the situation is far different. He was our starting keeper at the beginning of the 14/15 season but got injured, unluckily. Bravo had to take over and since he went on to a 10 or 11-game streak without conceding a goal, it only made sense that he was the starting keeper. Ter Stegen played all the cup and CL games for us, that's FAR more than any Bayern 2nd keeper will be playing as long as Neuer is the starting keeper.
                How can you be so sure about the first part.
                Do you think that a higher salary and being a member of the best German team and one of the biggest clubs in the world is a small motive?

As for the 2nd part, how sure are you that MATS was guaranteed a starting role before signing.
                You know, not anybody is expecting to be a starter keeper in Barcelona while being 22 years old!

Comment

I was referring to the fact that you claimed them all to be available. Inquiring about a player doesn't mean that the player is available. Whether Bayern did so or not is besides the point.
                  Really? Besides the point to make a research if a quality goalkeeper is available?

Ok

Comment

Damn it ! We should have signed Courtois, or De Gea...

Oh wait, top GK's wouldn't want to sit on their asses all season long while Neuer do his thing...

Ulreich is a good keeper and will be a good backup. He's on par with Reina in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
                      Damn it ! We should have signed Courtois, or De Gea...

Oh wait, top GK's wouldn't want to sit on their asses all season long while Neuer do his thing...

Ulreich is a good keeper and will be a good backup. He's on par with Reina in my opinion.
                      Did you see anyone mentioning Courtois or De Gea, mate?

Comment

Really? Besides the point to make a research if a quality goalkeeper is available?

Ok
                        You're either ignoring my point on purpose or you just refuse to understand. Either way, I asked you to prove your claim that all the goalkeepers you mentioned earlier are actually available, as you wrote. To do so - to support your claim, that is - I'd like to see some credible sources. Whether or not Bayern actually did inquire about the players is besides the point, get it?

Below you can find the bit you wrote.

We chose for one more time a Β class goalkeeper from inside Germany while Zieler, Trapp, Leno, Fahrmann, Sommer etc. are better and available.

Comment

How can you be so sure about the first part.
                          Do you think that a higher salary and being a member of the best German team and one of the biggest clubs in the world is a small motive?

As for the 2nd part, how sure are you that MATS was guaranteed a starting role before signing.
                          You know, not anybody is expecting to be a starter keeper in Barcelona while being 22 years old!
                          Of course I can't be sure, but seriously, just think about it, if you are a good goalkeeper why do you want to come to Bayern and sit on the bench for 99% of the time? Just for the money? Bayern doesn't pay that much anyway, let alone it is the second goalkeeper. And if you are good, you are going to make a lot more money down the road if you play regularly. For Bayern the name only? IF he was born a Bayern fan, perhaps.

Ter Stegen was a Zubi/board signing before Luis Enrique was hired as the manager. So basically he was bought to be the starting goalkeeper. Perhaps they did want to have an older, more experienced keeper shadow him for a while and that's probably why they bought Bravo, but the fact of the matter is, Ter Stegen was slated to be the La Liga starting keep until he got injured.

The bottom line: If you are the backup for Neuer, the best goalkeeper in the world, you basically are decent, not that young and without too much aspirations. I am not sure if any of those German keepers you listed fits this profile.

Comment

I was being ironic... My bad if you couldn't tell...

My point stands either way.

Comment

come on mate, the guys are right. No decent gk would join us at this stage. I understand your concerns about Neuer getting injured or something, but no keeper in his right mind would come to FC Bayern at the moment

Plus, Ulreich ain`t no Spaniard Cut him some slack

Comment

You're either ignoring my point on purpose or you just refuse to understand. Either way, I asked you to prove your claim that all the goalkeepers you mentioned earlier are actually available, as you wrote. To do so - to support your claim, that is - I'd like to see some credible sources. Whether or not Bayern actually did inquire about the players is besides the point, get it?

Below you can find the bit you wrote.
                                No! You seem to ignore my answer!

All these players are playing in Bundesliga, so they are always available for Bayern to aproach? We didn't make any move and that's pathetic. Signing a player like Starke proved to be pathetic as well, and I wholeheartedly hope Ulrich proves me wrong but I highly doubt.

And just to make it clearer to you, was Reus available both times we showed interest on him?

Were all the players we ever showed interest in them always available?

I don't think so.... eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X