#26 Sven Ulreich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by albanian7 View Post
    I never said Ulreich is better than Ospina. I said Neuer with a broken arm is better than Ospina.
    I'd like Reina staying here just as much as you do.
    But, I think we have at least FIVE (with Benatia's injury) positions we have to improve urgently (LW,RW,CM,RB,CB) and the GK problem is the smallest
    You realise that this is not even an argument, don't you?
    Last edited by mavros; 17-06-2015, 19:03.

Comment

Think about an annoying nonsensical discussion... Multiply by 10 ... And you'll get close to whatever is going on in this thread...

Comment

Quality move here. Reina was not exactly a quality backup to Neuer.

Comment

Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
          Quality move here. Reina was not exactly a quality backup to Neuer.
          Yes he was.. Reina is an awesome goalkeeper

Comment

Don't we have any goalkeeper in our youth ranks that has the potential?

Comment

Originally posted by Kal View Post
              Don't we have any goalkeeper in our youth ranks that has the potential?
              To be used only as a bench option? Nope.

Comment

Ulreich is a good shot-stopper and quite literlaly nothing more. I'd rather sacrifice shot-stopping ability for a keeper who has field ability - one who can sweep, pass, and position himself well. I'm not asking for Neuer, but I want a keeper that doesn't force us to change literally our entire style of play.

Of course, I am still a fan of his ability and he's impressed me many times before. I rate him better than Starke and I gave the Hoffenheim man my full support when he was here too. I just can't help but feel a little saddened that we couldn't do better, even while acknowledging that Ulriech is still a positive step up.
                Last edited by Grey; 19-06-2015, 23:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                  Ulreich is a good shot-stopper and quite literlaly nothing more. I'd rather sacrifice shot-stopping ability for a keeper who has field ability - one who can sweep, pass, and position himself well. I'm not asking for Neuer, but I want a keeper that doesn't force us to change literally our entire style of play.

Of course, I am still a fan of his ability and he's impressed me many times before. I rate him better than Starke and I gave the Hoffenheim man my full support when he was here too. I just can't help but feel a little saddened that we couldn't do better, even while acknowledging that Ulriech is still a positive step up.
                  There's really no one that comes out sweeping like Neuer.. The only one I can think of is Hugo Lloris, but even he has failed and missed the ball awkwardly many times when trying to act Neuer.

Comment

Originally posted by Argeta View Post
                    There's really no one that comes out sweeping like Neuer.. The only one I can think of is Hugo Lloris, but even he has failed and missed the ball awkwardly many times when trying to act Neuer.
                    Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't asking for Neuer? Just someone who wouldn't make us have to radically change our entire set-up from back to front.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                      Did you miss the part where I said I wasn't asking for Neuer? Just someone who wouldn't make us have to radically change our entire set-up from back to front.
                      You wrote "one who can sweep".

Comment

Originally posted by Argeta View Post
                        You wrote "one who can sweep".
                        I also wrote "I'm not asking for Neuer." "Can Sweep" and "Can sweep anything past midfield" seem like radically different things to me.

Comment

Ulreich

I like the signing a lot! He is German, young at 26 and hopefully can stay healthy to give Neuer a breather more often.
                          The old backups we had seem to be always hurt or get red cards at the worst of times.

Comment

Originally posted by albanian7 View Post
                            I didn't know you were a GK
                            If you are angry because of repeated mistakes, we are on the same boat. If you are agree becquse we didn't get De Gea as a backup, that's another topic.

And btw:
                            De Gea is leaving MU for RM. MU are to sign another GK
                            Casillas is leaving RM (for Italy), exactly because he does not want to share the goal post with anyone else.
                            Chec is leaving Chelsea this summer .. Because he doesn't want to be benched
                            And you mentioned Arsenal's GK: even if Neuer breaks an arm, he will perform better than each of them.
                            Originally posted by mavros View Post
                            You realise that this is not even an argument, don't you?

Cheers mate

Comment

He's gonna wear the number #23!

Comment

Go Sven!

Comment

Working...
                                X