No announcement yet.

#32 Joshua Kimmich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He seems a nice kid, got his head in the right place, not cribbing, happy to play when given a chance & wherever, takes blame & responsibility.

I am liking him more with time - He is getting a very high level playing time & has talent so I think in 3-4 years he can be a World Class DM dominating the Bayern mid-field with Thiago & Goetze or someone like that.

Comment

• Not gonna jump yet on the Kimmich WC-hype-wagon (lets not forget we did with H°jbjerg and Gaudino), but the kid certainly has he head where it should be.

Comment

• no need to generalize with h÷jbjerg and gaudino. not all of us were saying that h÷jbjerg is ready for a starting place in bayern's line up as early as last season.

kimmich also already played and showed much more than h÷jbjerg did. I'm not saying he's gonna turn out a WC material, just that he's a much surer bet than h÷jbjerg.

judgement on gaudino is still out, 'cause he hasn't been given the amount of playing time the other two had gotten. he is playing quite regularly in switzerland though, so that's a good sign for him.

Comment

• Gaudino is still barely 19
          Last edited by dips82; 29-02-2016, 23:24.

Comment

• Originally posted by dips82 View Post
            Gaudino is still bayerly 19
            Is that some kind of pun?

Comment

• Originally posted by kailip View Post
              Is that some kind of pun?

Ouch! Fixed it

Comment

• Originally posted by PCapitalist View Post
                Not gonna jump yet on the Kimmich WC-hype-wagon (lets not forget we did with H°jbjerg and Gaudino), but the kid certainly has he head where it should be.
                I sad "CAN" & in 3-4 years. This guy @ 20 played CB for many matches & was not a total disaster - He has played a few CHL Matches including against Juventus. He has played a lot either as sub or starter which neither PEH or Gaudino did.

This is not to say they are not good - But Kimmich's head seems better & he has more chance of being WC.

I am not someone who likes hyping young players, we have to understand someone being good in 19 or 20 is not surety to be World Class, Consistency & the ability to scale up from Kindergarden to Top Class level is not easy for all

Comment

• great game so far!

Comment

• Here's his great tackle against Reus, saving a one-on-one chance against Neuer. The angle is a little hard to see here but the replays showed it was 100% clean.

Comment

• why was Pep shouting at him after the match???

Comment

• I think it just some defending lesson from a former DM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morlock View Post
                          why was Pep shouting at him after the match???
                          In my opinion he's not happy with the first revival ball with Kimmich.

Kimmich locked himself each time along the sideline and Bayern lost the ball one under two times !

Alaba was more in the heart of the game with the ball.

I understand Pep ... but he did a "show" ... But the hug at the end of the discussion is a good thing. Pep loves him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fussballgott View Post
                            In my opinion he's not happy with the first revival ball with Kimmich.

Kimmich locked himself each time along the sideline and Bayern lost the ball one under two times !

Alaba was more in the heart of the game with the ball.

I understand Pep ... but he did a "show" ... But the hug at the end of the discussion is a good thing. Pep loves him.
                            You're grasping at straws.

Pep wasn't even yelling at Kimmich, he was doing that same-over-the-top enthusiasm we've seen from him for nearly three years now. That was "happy-Pep" I promise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                              You're grasping at straws.

Pep wasn't even yelling at Kimmich, he was doing that same-over-the-top enthusiasm we've seen from him for nearly three years now. That was "happy-Pep" I promise.
                              Sorry to play devil's advocate, but Kimmich's 1st touch as a defender was really bad & if Reus scored we would have been talking about a Kimmich blunder. I think a top CB would have cleared that with ease.

Having said Kimmich had a really good performance as a CB against an away game against Dortmund, I am happy for the lad, he is getting great experience & growing as a player.

He has got a very good chance of being a starter for Bayern.

Comment

• The whole situation:

Comment

Working...
                                X