#32 Joshua Kimmich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think his injury is that big.

He will miss training ground one week and will be back.

Comment

He kept playing and walked off easily, shouldn't be a bad injury.

Comment

just read that he has to rest for two days. nothing big.

Comment

FC Bayern English– Varmennettu tili ‏ @FCBayernEN

It's good news for Joshua #Kimmich! He only suffered a bruised thigh yesterday and will be out for a couple of days.

Comment

Regardless, its unfortunate. Would have loved to see him play today/yesterday. He looked very very good.

Comment

Yea not that dangerous. He kept playing for like 10mins before being subbed out.
              The commentator praised him alot, saying this is a name we all have to remember.

Comment

He's really talented and he's the ONLY midfielder who can replace Alonso in this squad. PEH, Vidal, Rode are players who are at their best when they can move further up the pitch, Kimmich on the other hand can cover the back line and dictate the play from there.
                No wonder Pep got upset when he got injured, he probably wanted to see how he would perform against a top opponent like Real.

Comment

Originally posted by jabet View Post
                  He's really talented and he's the ONLY midfielder who can replace Alonso in this squad. PEH, Vidal, Rode are players who are at their best when they can move further up the pitch, Kimmich on the other hand can cover the back line and dictate the play from there.
                  No wonder Pep got upset when he got injured, he probably wanted to see how he would perform against a top opponent like Real.
                  So MArtinez can't do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Jens_Jeremies View Post
                    So MArtinez can't do the same?
                    Martinez can cover for the back line but he doesn't have the passing abilities to dictate the play from there, that's why Pep is playing him as a CB.

Comment

Good news, Joshua was back in running training this morning.

He should be good to go for the HSV game.

Comment

I would only add that we don't yet know if Vidal could also potentially do the same, although it may be a moot point altogether if Pep plans on playing him as a #8.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                          I would only add that we don't yet know if Vidal could also potentially do the same, although it may be a moot point altogether if Pep plans on playing him as a #8.
                          It's possible, but Pep didn't try it even once during Preseason, so that leads me to think that he has other plans for him, although injuries may force him to try playing Vidal as #6.

Comment

It's possible, but Pep didn't try it even once during Preseason, so that leads me to think that he has other plans for him, although injuries may force him to try playing Vidal as #6.
                            Also Vidal has rarely played there with Juve, even though Pirlo at the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
                              Also Vidal has rarely played there with Juve, even though Pirlo at the end of his career.
                              Don't really think that makes much of a difference. Lahm rarely played the lone six position either and at the time he was quite literally the only player at Bayern who had the profile for the position. I'm not saying that Vidal will play there, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. It's not exactly like he's BEEN here during most of preseason either.

Anyway, enough about Vidal. Kimmich is the only CLEAR alternative to a Xabi midfield and I'm really looking forward to the day when Xabi is no longer a starter.
                              Last edited by Grey; 07-08-2015, 20:32.

Comment

His technical skill is not the only thing that Pep likes about Kimmich, watch this :

https://video-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hv...d5&oe=55C53386

Comment

Working...
                                X