No announcement yet.

#32 Joshua Kimmich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well he'll have to start playing, learning and acquiring exp at some point. I don't see any problem with him starting each and every BL game this season, since it'll gonna be another walkover for us anyhow.

let xabi rest for the important CL matches and he can come in as a substitute in the 2nd half anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazi View Post
      It seems fairly obvious to me that Joshua Kimmich is the heir apparent to Xabi Alonso. We have no other player as naturally gifted to play the single pivot #6 role as him. However I expect us to offer Alonso a 1year extension during which Kimmich's ability to take over will be tested. I strongly doubt we'll let Alonso leave this summer and put all the responsibility on a rookie, no matter how talented.
      Where do you see PEH in the mix? Is his days at Allianz numbered?

Comment

I wonder, does Kimmich have any Jewish heritage/ancestry? Joshua isn't a very common name in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by DenToppesteHund View Post
          Where do you see PEH in the mix? Is his days at Allianz numbered?
          I for one never thought/saw PEH as Alonso's successor, Kimmich is the only Pep's type of single pivot in this squad, even though that he lacks the defensive abilities that the No.6 should have. That's why Bayern have paid more than they usually pays for a 19yo kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
            I wonder, does Kimmich have any Jewish heritage/ancestry? Joshua isn't a very common name in Germany.
            No idea, but in Germany there's a trend of giving kids non-German names, especially names that are common in the English-speaking world. My guess would be that that's the reason he's named Joshua.

Comment

One thing I like about kimmich (along with his passing) is that he is like a terrier - always biting at the heels of his opponents. he usually gets too eager and is quick to acquire a yellow card though, but that should change with time and experience.

as far as PEH goes - I'm beginning to doubt that he'll make it at bayern, maybe as a squad player, but certainly not as one of the future main players. he's not even a regular starter at schalke. his average is below 30 minutes per match (in the league, surprisingly he played some full matches in the europa league). I guess this should tell you something. he's only 20 though, so he might turn out to be a late bloomer.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
                I for one never thought/saw PEH as Alonso's successor, Kimmich is the only Pep's type of single pivot in this squad, even though that he lacks the defensive abilities that the No.6 should have. That's why Bayern have paid more than they usually pays for a 19yo kid.
                Tnx, mate. As you understand, i'm not too good with on this matter. I need experts!

Comment

Originally posted by micky View Post
                  No idea, but in Germany there's a trend of giving kids non-German names, especially names that are common in the English-speaking world. My guess would be that that's the reason he's named Joshua.
                  You would be wrong. Kimmich and Bayern brought it to the attention of the press recently that his name is pronounced Jos-hua, the Biblic name, and not the English version.

He's just from a pious family, hence the uncommon name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazi View Post
                    You would be wrong. Kimmich and Bayern brought it to the attention of the press recently that his name is pronounced Jos-hua, the Biblic name, and not the English version.

יְהוֹשֻׁעַ/יֵשׁוּעַ (the biblical name) is pronounced "Yĕshúʿa" or "Yĕhôshú" (it's usually just ישוע/Yeshua)

...If he's pious, he ought to know this
                    Last edited by Grey; 08-11-2015, 23:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazi View Post

Well, didn't hurt to try at least.

Comment

• When Pep was asked about an outside offer for Kimmich, he said that he is almost his son, he stays here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post
                          יְהוֹשֻׁעַ/יֵשׁוּעַ (the biblical name) is pronounced "Yĕshúʿa" or "Yĕhôshú" (it's usually just ישוע/Yeshua)

...If he's pious, he ought to know this
                          In Hebrew. Let's just say the English translation of the name is nicer for a German. Also, i believe the English pronunciation is very similar to the German one(Josua) and may see more pretty to see and write, maybe that's why the choose it.
                          Last edited by L4nd3r; 09-11-2015, 02:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                            In Hebrew. Let's just say the English translation of the name is nicer for a German. Also, i believe the English pronunciation is very similar to the German one(Josua) and may see more pretty to see and write, maybe that's why the choose it.
                            What language is the Tanakh written in? Just curious of course

Haha, I obviously see the point in that many names are pronounced differently across many different languages, but if you're going for the "biblical pronunciation" then you're going to have to look at the bible, not some language's interpretation of the name 2000 years after the fact. Joshua was the successor of Moses and is the subject of part of Deuteronomy and the majority of Joshua.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post

When Pep was asked about an outside offer for Kimmich, he said that he is almost his son, he stays here.
                              Well does that mean Pep stays here too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Byron View Post
                                Well does that mean Pep stays here too?
                                It means that Pep will buy him as soon as he changes club.

Comment

Working...
                                X