• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Muller25 View Post

Give me Sandro Tonali
    Didn't mention his name as I thought to be biased but yes he's on top of my wishlist.

Leave a comment:

• L4nd3r
    replied
    Although he's not a tall person, Kimmich can jump high enough to make up the difference in most situations.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post

Ruben Neves is the name you're looking for!
    Give me Sandro Tonali

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post

We have, his name is Javi Martinez.

But I agree with you, Javi seems to be over the hill sadly enough and too injured for us to rely on him these days. Should get a good DM midfielder in the summer if it was up to me, sadly Rodri chose City in the summer instead of us. He would've been perfect.
    Ruben Neves is the name you're looking for!

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied

4" is quite a difference if you ask me. I absolutely love Kimmichs passion. But it needs to be controlled. Vidal was passionate and was out of control at times. Kimmich has a bit of that quality. Difference is Vidal could back up his passionate personality with him actually being physical. Kimmich really cant.

Like I said not every midfielder needs to have size and be physical. But we atm dont have one.
    We have, his name is Javi Martinez.

But I agree with you, Javi seems to be over the hill sadly enough and too injured for us to rely on him these days. Should get a good DM midfielder in the summer if it was up to me, sadly Rodri chose City in the summer instead of us. He would've been perfect.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    There is still room for improvement for him as a midfielder, I don't think he's hit his DM ceiling yet. Personally I'd like him to be more creative. Obviously Flick has him focused on the defensive duties first and foremost but Kimmich is also capable of playing a defence splitting pass on a good day. Even if it means more risk, I'd like him to take a chance and try to create more often. Maybe he should be taking some notes from Thiago... or watch some Pirlo videos!

As for the physical side of his game, there's not much to be done. I think that's why Flick persists with Goretzka - who is pretty strong and more importantly has some presence in the air, so is useful both attacking and defending corners. I do miss Javi. Vidal too, I was a big fan of him despite his occasional carelessness. Both of them have good awareness and despite being rather slow added a lot of quality to the team when on form.

A strong, possibly technical, quality DM should be one of our most important transfer targets in the summer. Not to replace Kimmich, or Thiago, just to give us another valid option. The Pokal game against Hoffenheim is a good evidence why we need someone to boss the midfield, hold up the ball, withstand the pressure, slow down the tempo, and sometimes to bully the opponents around when the situation needs that (like Javi and especially Vidal did). Neither of Kimmich, Thiago, Tolisso, Goretzka not to mention Cuissance are capable of doing that.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    You don't have to be big to be passionate and have a fighting spirit lol. And Kimmich is of pretty average height, not that big of a difference between him and Ramos height wise.
    4" is quite a difference if you ask me. I absolutely love Kimmichs passion. But it needs to be controlled. Vidal was passionate and was out of control at times. Kimmich has a bit of that quality. Difference is Vidal could back up his passionate personality with him actually being physical. Kimmich really cant.

Like I said not every midfielder needs to have size and be physical. But we atm dont have one.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    You don't have to be big to be passionate and have a fighting spirit lol. And Kimmich is of pretty average height, not that big of a difference between him and Ramos height wise.

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post

What does good sized even mean? I just think it's weird to say that someone who is exactly average height is "so small" and has "small man syndrome"
    It means winning with strength on the ball, winning aerial duels. being a guy in the midfield that can kinda bully the opposition. Not every midfielder is like that... but we dont have one (we did with Javi in his prime). Guys like Thiago and Kimmich are rather useless in the aerial game, they're strong on the ball from a tactical standpoint, but not physically and theyre not scaring anyone physical wise. The issue is a guy like Thiago doesn't give off that physical strength persona. Where as Kimmich acts like he's Sergio Ramos but doesn't have the physicality to back it up.

This all being said... I love Kimmich. I do think he needs to chill out though.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSchofield
    replied

Hardly good sized either.
    What does good sized even mean? I just think it's weird to say that someone who is exactly average height is "so small" and has "small man syndrome"

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post

So small? He's like 5 foot 8, hardly a midget
    Hardly good sized either.

Leave a comment:

• DanaSchofield
    replied
    I like that Kimmich plus with heart. But the in your face attitude I’m not a fan of. I personally prefer the Lahm, Bastian, Neuer, Müller type leaders that are more soft spoken as well as very competitive and lead by example.

For me I just find it funny he’s so in your face being so small. Classic short mans syndrome.

Im ol with his personality as long as he doesn’t run his mouth too much about his teammates and all. And not cause cards for being too intense during games.
    So small? He's like 5 foot 8, hardly a midget

Leave a comment:

• OnlyInsider
    replied
    I like Kimmichs determination but I agree he gotta cool down in certain situations, too much of a hothead at times.

With that said I can't find anything he said that was outrageous like Scholl said.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by EM1R View Post

Kimmich is entering his prime and having his first season as an midfielder. In his prime, Bastian had world class season as midfielder. That's what i'm talking about.
    Schweinsteiger became a world class midfielder at the age of 25. Kimmich turns 25 today. That comparisons here are hilariously on point, which is why I was so comfortable making the claim that Kimmich has more world class seasons as a player (not as a midfielder) behind him than Schweinsteiger does. Schweinsteiger was really only a world class player from 2009 to 2014 at best.

Leave a comment:

• EM1R
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post

Yes, and Schweinsteiger has yet to have a world class season as a Winger - his "true" position.
    Kimmich is entering his prime and having his first season as an midfielder. In his prime, Bastian had world class season as midfielder. That's what i'm talking about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X