#6 Joshua Kimmich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by misafeco View Post
    On paper we are the 6th strongest side in the world. City, Liverpool and Barca are quite ahead, we are close to Real and Chelsea though. On average our players are the most valuable, but we have the thinnest squad among the top teams after releasing the players on loan.
    Barca is having an old and over the hill squad, City have a shit defense. I only see Liverpool as being slightly better than us on paper. Real Madrid are equal to us.

Comment

• We just totally dominated Europe and specifically Barca 8-2... How you can say we're the 6th best on paper just 3.5 weeks later is beyond me. Yes, we're currently a "little" thin in that we don't have a back up RB or a 4th winger. Aside from that we're loaded (perhaps up top too if Lewa gets hurt, but we do have Zirkzee, Arp, and one could argue Gnabry can work with Muller in the middle and Sane/Coman would play on the wings). Right now we still haven't lost Alaba or Thiago, and honestly we have so many CB's I think we would survive without Alaba (though his distribution will be missed, pending how Hernadez's distribution is). Losing Thiago would be a big blow, don't get me wrong. But we saw what a Kimmich Goretzka midfield could do and it was damn close (maybe even a little stronger for the way we press, but lose the stability of Thiago's calmness and genius). Then we still have the likes of Tolisso to fill in, and Fein is back (though at the highest level, who knows how good of a fourth option he is). I agree with OnlyInsider that maybe. Just maybe... Liverpool are equal to us. They just barely won their first game against a promoted team 4-3 (I didn't watch the game but still gave up 3 goals)
      Last edited by Kroos39; 16-09-2020, 18:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kroos39 View Post
        We just totally dominated Europe and specifically Barca 8-2... How you can say we're the 6th best on paper just 3.5 weeks later is beyond me. Yes, we're currently a "little" thin in that we don't have a back up RB or a 4th winger. Aside from that we're loaded (perhaps up top too if Lewa gets hurt, but we do have Zirkzee, Arp, and one could argue Gnabry can work with Muller in the middle and Sane/Coman would play on the wings). Right now we still haven't lost Alaba or Thiago, and honestly we have so many CB's I think we would survive without Alaba (though his distribution will be missed, pending how Hernadez's distribution is). Losing Thiago would be a big blow, don't get me wrong. But we saw what a Kimmich Goretzka midfield could do and it was damn close (maybe even a little stronger for the way we press, but lose the stability of Thiago's calmness and genius). Then we still have the likes of Tolisso to fill in, and Fein is back (though at the highest level, who knows how good of a fourth option he is). I agree with OnlyInsider that maybe. Just maybe... Liverpool are equal to us. They just barely won their first game against a promoted team 4-3 (I didn't watch the game but still gave up 3 goals)
        Maybe it wasn't clear in my post, but we are talking about transfermarkt.de market values. Of course it's not the same as the reality, our older players are quite undervalued by the site (Neuer especially) and I would argue most EPL players are overvalued as well as the Barca squad as a whole. Still there is work to do on the depth of the squad, we'll need several reliablel players to be competitive on all fronts.

Comment

Maybe it wasn't clear in my post, but we are talking about transfermarkt.de market values. Of course it's not the same as the reality, our older players are quite undervalued by the site (Neuer especially) and I would argue most EPL players are overvalued as well as the Barca squad as a whole. Still there is work to do on the depth of the squad, we'll need several reliablel players to be competitive on all fronts.
          Ah okay yes, I totally misunderstood. Though it makes sense you were referring to transfermarkt since we were just talking market value of Kimmich, Davies, and Gnabry . My bad! I totally agree with everything you said in this case

Comment

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Last edited by PCapitalist; 16-09-2020, 22:38.

Comment

• Originally posted by EM1R View Post

I swear i saw this post coming the same moment i hit "Post Reply" button
              Me too man, literally couldn’t stop myself.

Comment

On paper we are the 6th strongest side in the world. City, Liverpool and Barca are quite ahead, we are close to Real and Chelsea though. On average our players are the most valuable, but we have the thinnest squad among the top teams after releasing the players on loan.
                3 of those 5 teams play in the EPL in which, even in the best of circumstances, depth has the least impact. Throw in the fact it’s now the league with the fewest subs and congrats, their depth is nothing more than a league-based coping mechanism.

Comment

• Joshua Kimmich will wear Thiago's number 6 shirt starting from tonight's game against Schalke, according to Bild.

Comment

• Confirmed

Comment

• I don't like Kimmich one bit.

Comment

• Just doesn't sit well seeing the 6 on Kimmich lol

Comment

• I really like Kimmich but something about changing your number to replace someone else's within hours of them leaving just seems kind of shitty to me. Entirely possible that it's just because I'm so sad thiago is gone though

Comment

• Yeah I think you're looking a bit too much into it. As far as I know players can't change numbers mid season (maybe only during the winter transfer window) and considering we're playing today there was no other time to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
                              I really like Kimmich but something about changing your number to replace someone else's within hours of them leaving just seems kind of shitty to me. Entirely possible that it's just because I'm so sad thiago is gone though
                              It's like the club and Kimmich couldn't wait for Thiago to leave.

Comment

• Put on a tinfoil hat lol. It's passing of the torch.

Comment

Working...
                                X