No announcement yet.

#18 Leon Goretzka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He started of a bit sloppy but got better as the game progressed. Sometimes goes a bit too far up the pitch imo, but that could very well be Niko's instructions.

Comment

Sure one good performance won't bench Tolisso that easily. Give Corentin his chance, we're going to have a real midfield competition dilemma on our hands.

That aside, what a superb game from Goretzka. Played almost exclusively as an offensive CM/CAM today.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        He started of a bit sloppy but got better as the game progressed. Sometimes goes a bit too far up the pitch imo, but that could very well be Niko's instructions.
        That's where he excels the best though. When he is taking the runs forward.

Comment

Whenever Goretzka goes in, he has great effect on our gameplay

He is a definite starter atm

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
            Whenever Goretzka goes in, he has great effect on our gameplay

He is a definite starter atm
            Gotta say our midfield makes me quite excited. So many young and dynamic midfielders and we have a lot of options to chose from.

Tolisso, Goretzka, Thiago, James and then Javi and Sanches as options as well - quite solid really.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
              Gotta say our midfield makes me quite excited. So many young and dynamic midfielders and we have a lot of options to chose from.

Tolisso, Goretzka, Thiago, James and then Javi and Sanches as options as well - quite solid really.
              Maybe after the years of buying midfielder after midfielder we're going into a transfertime where we're getting 5 class wingers?

A man can hope, can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post
                Maybe after the years of buying midfielder after midfielder we're going into a transfertime where we're getting 5 class wingers?

See, that would be something.

Comment

Originally posted by Effenbergfan View Post

Yes!

Spoiler
                  after we sell Thiago, Goretzka and James maybe

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                    Yes!

Spoiler
                    after we sell Thiago, Goretzka and James maybe
                    We first need to buy James before we can sell him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                      Sure one good performance won't bench Tolisso that easily. Give Corentin his chance, we're going to have a real midfield competition dilemma on our hands.

That aside, what a superb game from Goretzka. Played almost exclusively as an offensive CM/CAM today.
                      Played like Thiago should every game. This is my issue with a thiago is he doesn’t attack, when he has the ability to.

Comment

Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                        Played like Thiago should every game. This is my issue with a thiago is he doesn’t attack, when he has the ability to.
                        Simply, his current role (and previous, under Jupp) doesn't allow him to. For example, Kante also has the ability to go forward but he was just a pure CDM under Conte. And now he's more like a b2b under Sarri since Jorginho joined them. And it's not like we need Thiago to go forward since Goretzka is playing as a #8 and there's also James as a #10

Comment

Originally posted by EM1R View Post
                          Simply, his current role (and previous, under Jupp) doesn't allow him to. For example, Kante also has the ability to go forward but he was just a pure CDM under Conte. And now he's more like a b2b under Sarri since Jorginho joined them. And it's not like we need Thiago to go forward since Goretzka is playing as a #8 and there's also James as a #10
                          I see is constantly lack creativity. That’s why I’d like to see him attack more.

I’ll add that I do agree he’s more defensive. But Goretzka and Tolisso are sound defensively as well. It should I be a defensive midfield by committee not just Thiago.

Comment

Neither Goretzka nor Tolisso are defensively sound outside of their tackling. Thiago is far, far better at positioning and interceptions. There are a panoply of reasons why Thiago is playing deeper and not attacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                              Neither Goretzka nor Tolisso are defensively sound outside of their tackling. Thiago is far, far better at positioning and interceptions. There are a panoply of reasons why Thiago is playing deeper and not attacking.
                              When we typically dominate possession though... why isn’t he attacking more?

Comment

Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                                When we typically dominate possession though... why isn’t he attacking more?
                                Did you watch today's game? If not, it would be a wonderful refresher on just how much Thiago adds to our team doing what you seem to dislike.

Comment

Working...
                                X