Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#18 Leon Goretzka

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Did you watch today's game? If not, it would be a wonderful refresher on just how much Thiago adds to our team doing what you seem to dislike.
    I did not watch today's game but if he played similarly to how he played the last two games then I think Thiago has just found his home on the pitch. playing deeper suits him a lot.

    I thought the away game against R.Madrid was a one time thing or a fluke and I did not want to judge his performance based on that game solely.
    now that he is showing consistency in that role, I think it's safe to say that we found our #6 for this season.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Grey View Post
      Did you watch today's game? If not, it would be a wonderful refresher on just how much Thiago adds to our team doing what you seem to dislike.
      I did watch. And I love his play. I’m actually a big Thiago fan. But for me... he leaves a lot not used on the pitch. Seems mostly bc of how he’s used. But as a midfielder he should have the freedoms to attack more. Especially as a team that in the BL especially we dominate possession and his defensive qualities aren’t needed as much. I just don’t understand why he doesn’t attack more. He should shoot and make attacking passes more bc he certainly has the ability but seems to be restricted bc he need to be defensive.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
        I did watch. And I love his play. I’m actually a big Thiago fan. But for me... he leaves a lot not used on the pitch. Seems mostly bc of how he’s used. But as a midfielder he should have the freedoms to attack more. Especially as a team that in the BL especially we dominate possession and his defensive qualities aren’t needed as much. I just don’t understand why he doesn’t attack more. He should shoot and make attacking passes more bc he certainly has the ability but seems to be restricted bc he need to be defensive.
        He made loads of attacking passes today that put our wingers and other attackers in dangerous positions. Possession doesn't all have to be safe, a good possession game (like the one Thiago dictates) makes it so that the pressure from our attackers is unrelenting. If Thiago moved more forward someone less apt at distribution would have to drop back take his place, as would someone less apt at defensive positioning.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Grey View Post
          He made loads of attacking passes today that put our wingers and other attackers in dangerous positions. Possession doesn't all have to be safe, a good possession game (like the one Thiago dictates) makes it so that the pressure from our attackers is unrelenting. If Thiago moved more forward someone less apt at distribution would have to drop back take his place, as would someone less apt at defensive positioning.
          Today he for sure attacked more than usual though. So you’re using today as example, but for the last several years is what I’m talking about.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
            Today he for sure attacked more than usual though. So you’re using today as example, but for the last several years is what I’m talking about.
            I didn't see much difference at all between what he does today versus what he did all last season, except that he was more consistently better at it today, as well as him not being exposed or making mistakes. Wht he did today was very indicative of what we've seen him do already, that's why I suggested (if you hadn't seen it) to watch today's match because it was a really indicative summary of what I've been saying now for well over a year.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Grey View Post
              I didn't see much difference at all between what he does today versus what he did all last season, except that he was more consistently better at it today, as well as him not being exposed or making mistakes. Wht he did today was very indicative of what we've seen him do already, that's why I suggested (if you hadn't seen it) to watch today's match because it was a really indicative summary of what I've been saying now for well over a year.
              His overall attacking stats say otherwise though. And I’m not arguing his ability at all. I just want him making those creative passes he can more frequently and all. You’re using today as an example but he had 2 assists all season last season in the BL. To me that’s a waste of his talent.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Muller25 View Post
                His overall attacking stats say otherwise though. And I’m not arguing his ability at all. I just want him making those creative passes he can more frequently and all. You’re using today as an example but he had 2 assists all season last season in the BL. To me that’s a waste of his talent.
                Right, because most teams he goes against aren't as weak as Stuttgart. It's not going to be sunshine and daisies like it was today, Thiago's going to have a tougher time against Dortmund.

                Comment


                • #53
                  For me Thiago needs to play deeper and have more defensive role.
                  Goretzka (and Tolisso) in other hand must play between Thiago and James or Muller in front.

                  Because of that I think that midfield Goretzka Thiago James is best for us.

                  But with curent squad I will put 4 midfielders in starting 11:

                  Thiago
                  Tolliso Goretzka
                  James
                  Muller Lewa

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Me (and a few others) have been saying for quite some time now that Thiago needs to play deep as a 6 with players like James and Tolisso/Goretzka ahead of him. I'm glad to see people are starting to agree more with this sentiment.

                    As for Leon, it's so good to finally have him playing for Bayern

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      BL Man of the Matchday 2 - Leon Goretzka

                      Comment


                      • #56


                        Time to throw Muller Wohlfahrt out

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          LoL

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Renato start against Benfica?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Nils View Post
                              Renato start against Benfica?
                              Mamma mia si please

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Unless my maths is wrong, we now have 17 fully fit first team players. That's 15(?!) outfield players, including injury prone players Martinez, Boateng, Thiago, Ribery and Robben as well as an unproven Sanches and fucking Wagner.

                                Least it's happening now and not waiting until we get our hopes in March like every other season

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X