No announcement yet.

#19 Alphonso Davies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still remember when during the game v Paderborn I wrote "he is not a LB" oh man how wrong I was lol, he's been shutting me up for good and thankfully so. He ain't THAT solid yet defensively speaking and he makes up for it with his speed but it's only normal because well, he aimed to be a LW/LWB.

Thank you Niko for this lol

Comment

• That first half recovery was truly GIF worthy. He's so dangerous when roaming up the pitch by the sideline. I only wish he worked on his last ball delivery. And focus, sometimes he loses the ball too easily. Still has time to learn all that though. I'm singing his praises like every game, but he deserves it. It's sad to say, but he's actually one of our biggest offensive assets these days. Which should put our midfield and especially wingers to shame.

Comment

• Comment

• He's a fucking heat-seeking missile. I almost feel bad for attackers who think they're clear on goal knowing that Davies in on their ankles and overtaking them in moments.

Comment

• Originally posted by FernandoBR View Post
            Fullbacks in general I still gotta give the edge to the Liverpool duo. Robertson and Arnold are great. Davies is in the top 3 though.
            Robertson and Arnorld are best fullbacks in the world atm. But I believe Klopp's system helped them a lot too. Without Kloop at Liverpool I don't think both of them will look half as good as what they're doing now. Even Piszczek looked like a world class RB under Kloop during his times in Dortmund. Anyway I think saying Davies is the best full back in the world atm is an overstatement lol. Last game vs Leipzig is an example. He was world class for the first 30 minutes. Then we starting to see the weakness of a 19 yo player: positioning, his unnecessary dribbles, his end products (crosses), sometime lost the ball in dangerous areas... but he'll only get better games after games for sure. This kid is the most exciting thing happened to us this season. I have to admit that with him in the starting line up, there's times he's the only player that I always followed closely on the field lol.
            Last edited by Kim; 10-02-2020, 10:07.

Comment

• He's only 19 y.o by the way

Comment

• Comment

• Davies left today’s practice on a golf cart with his ankle iced.

FC Injured

Comment

• Comment

• Saw this coming

Comment

• Best LB in the world. Don't try to argue with me

Comment

• mind-blowing performance in the second half, what a talent

Comment

• DAZZLING PHONZIE

Comment

• I can't decide if he's quicksilver, pure gold or a diamond. Catching up and taking the ball away from Mount for fun, then speeding past their defenders on the other side of the pitch like they were the parking cones. Whoooooosh. As I said in the match thread, we have to tie him for a life to Bayern. 40 million is nothing, he'll soon be worth twice that. The kid almost effortlessly outshone not only Chelsea's experienced full backs but also Pavard, a World Cup winner, who pales in comparison (at least today he did). What more to say. I think he also would have no real problem if asked to play a typical winger.

Comment

• His speed is illegal

Comment

Working...
                                X