#21 Lucas Hernández

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
    (And bad coaches, and bad players, and bad referees)
    (And bad fans)

Comment

• Hopefully he was just being unlucky with injuries... We need him to be a key player in our team, playing on a regular basis.

I'm curious about Flick decision now that he is back. Alaba-Hernandez duo cb?

Comment

• I’m very happy to hear Lucas is back. He is an excellent player and arguable our very best defender an excellent man power. I pray and hope to the high heavens he stays injury free till the end of the season. Him and Davies Alphonso are a super backline. I wish Sule can make it back soonest too. I wish Lucas Great health for the rest of this season . Hopefully next season too.

Comment

• I've been slowly warming up to him (yes, WC winner, great, but as a Bayern player he still didn't impress me that much). But above everything else, he has to stay injury free.
          Yeah. No more injuries to our players this season, please. Enough is enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            I've been slowly warming up to him (yes, WC winner, great, but as a Bayern player he still didn't impress me that much). But above everything else, he has to stay injury free.
            Yeah. No more injuries to our players this season, please. Enough is enough!
            I’m wondering if there isn’t an English issue here. Did you mean “I’ve been slow to warm up to him” or, as you originally wrote, “I’ve been slowly warming up to him?” The difference is that the first expresses that you have reasons for not falling in love with him like others have. The second means that, in spite of your initial reluctance, you are nevertheless falling in love with him. Based on the rest of what you wrote and the fact that he’s been injured for many weeks and can’t do much to improve his standing in your eyes, I think you meant to express the first sentiment, not the last one. If you did indeed mean that he’s still making positive strides to win your approval, I’m curious what those strides are given his long-term injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey View Post

I’m wondering if there isn’t an English issue here. Did you mean “I’ve been slow to warm up to him” or, as you originally wrote, “I’ve been slowly warming up to him?” The difference is that the first expresses that you have reasons for not falling in love with him like others have. The second means that, in spite of your initial reluctance, you are nevertheless falling in love with him. Based on the rest of what you wrote and the fact that he’s been injured for many weeks and can’t do much to improve his standing in your eyes, I think you meant to express the first sentiment, not the last one. If you did indeed mean that he’s still making positive strides to win your approval, I’m curious what those strides are given his long-term injury.
              Nah, I meant what I wrote there.
              Since when warming up to someone means 'falling in love' with that person?
              https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/warm+up+to
              Now, me starting to fall in love with the guy after those 9 games he had played, would be a huge exaggeration, that's not what's happening. Not only he has to pull of some good performances first, and more consistently, like for example Alphonso this season, but stay injury free for some longer period. Then we can start talking about such deeper feelings

Hmm I just thought, maybe I used the wrong tense. Probably should've said, I was slowly warming up to him (when he was playing), meaning: was slowly starting to like him more, then the injury happened.
              So based on the (little I have to admit) evidence I saw, he was looking decent enough (although very inconsistent) to say it's been a promising start, and I'm optimistic enough to hope he'll come good. But, he has to stay injury free, obviously
              Last edited by Chucky; 15-01-2020, 02:32.

Comment

• Gotcha, ok you used it right.

My distinction was designed to be hyperbolic, it doesn't mean "falling in love with" but I was using that as an extreme directional indication for your feelings when using that phrase. "I am warming up to" = "I have positive feelings." But "I am slow to warm up to him" means "In spite of others who may feel differently, I still don't like him." In effect, they mean very different (almost opposite) ideas.

Given that he hasn't done anything at all for us for a long while on account of his injury, as well as the context of what you were saying, I thought you might have meant the latter - that you still don't really like him even though you acknowledge that others do. That said, I appreciate the clarity of your follow up - you liked him, you just weren't completely sold on him just yet. Fair enough!

Comment

• The £68m Sedar Tasci

j/k

Comment

• He's back. Hopefully starts against Mainz on February 1st.

Comment

• Kicker now reporting that he'll need another 3 weeks for his comeback.

They haven't reported anything positive regarding Bayern in last month so i think we should take this one with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Not saying it's true what Kicker says, but I'd rather that he takes a week or two more instead of rushing to get him back with a bad result afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnlyInsider View Post
                          Not saying it's true what Kicker says, but I'd rather that he takes a week or two more instead of rushing to get him back with a bad result afterwards.
                          Not just that but they said he has to compete with Alaba and Davies for the spot because both him and David are left-footed and can't play together

I think that we shouldn't rush him as well but to need 3 more weeks to get some minutes is complete BS from kicker.

With him coming back our defense should be Odriozola/Lucas/Alaba/Davies

Comment

Working...
                          X