• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Gah I'm getting more excited by the day

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
        I really hope you all realize that 120m is not the only way to sign Coutinho permanently. That is simply the asking price TODAY. The asking price a year from now might be completely different. We really have no way to know.
        As long as we can sell him without any noticeable loss, we'll take it.

So 100m next year should do it. Play him as a #10 and he will really shine. Couldn't do that at Barcelona for obvious reasons I don't need to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by DonAK View Post
          As long as we can sell him without any noticeable loss, we'll take it.

So 100m next year should do it. Play him as a #10 and he will really shine. Couldn't do that at Barcelona for obvious reasons I don't need to explain.
          Kovač on Coutinho's position: "The 10 is his best position but he can also play in other positions. FC Bayern will not align a system only for him, Coutinho doesn't want that either"

Hé wil fuck his value even more.

Comment

Originally posted by St3ph3n View Post
            Kovač on Coutinho's position: "The 10 is his best position but he can also play in other positions. FC Bayern will not align a system only for him, Coutinho doesn't want that either"

Hé wil fuck his value even more.
            You can play him as your most advanced midfielder in a 4-3-3 too. He did relatively well there for Barcelona, but you have to make up for it elsewhere as you might be weak defensively in the midfield.

Valverde compensated for that by moving Coutinho to his worst position: A LW that stayed out wide, and moved his BFF Rakitic back to the midfield three alongside Busquets and Vidal.

You need a mobile CDM that's positionally disciplined.

Comment

Comment

Coutinho about Thiago: "He explained to me how everything works here. And it made me fall in love with the club before I even got here."

We have Thiago to thank!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey View Post
                  Coutinho about Thiago: "He explained to me how everything works here. And it made me fall in love with the club before I even got here."

We have Thiago to thank!
                  Indeed...when I see him In Will suck Them sweatie balls instantly...my god fuck yeah...lol

Comment

Ugh I love you Thiago

Comment

I have been seeing this "Coutinho isn't a winger" argument pop up here and there and wanted to add my two cents to it.

I really don't understand where this myth comes from. Literally he shined at Liverpool, when he was playing as inverted left midfielder. I'm using this term cautiously, because he isn't exactly your average type of winger, or at least what we are used to in Bayern like Ribery. But on the other hand, he is as much winger as Robben. Robben's function was very different from Ribery and although Ribery had a nice shooting ability and scored via cut-in from time to time, his main function was feeding the strikers via crosses from left. In contrast, Robben didn't cross that often(testimony is his super weak right foot) and almost always went for his signature move and crosses from his side came through Lahm in overlaps. Coutinho has the same vibe in his play as Robben. He is a naturally clever guy and understands his team mate well, thus provides variety of options for overlapping with his fullback and also most of the time goes for the cut-in move from left. So all in all, what I see is a left inverted winger, exactly as Robben who was right inverted winger rather than pure winger.

So now, it all comes back to you as a coach, what you really want. If you want to see your player hog the byline and only provide crosses and overlaps with your fullback from left, then he isn't your guy, but if you don't want crosses from left, at least crosses that directly come from him, he is more than good enough.

I, myself, see Coutinho as a very valuable asset in LM or CAM, because he adds an extra dimension to our play, which has been missing since Schweinstiger or Robben in 2015 from cut-ins. When everything goes bad and you cannot break the opponent's defense with your passes and overlaps, a shot from distance can change the game for you. Since there is virtually no shooting threat in Bayern's squad, it allows opponent to sit deep and don't even bother to intercept us behind the box, because nobody is gonna shoot. We know it, players know it and opponent knows it. A player who is not afraid to shoot from behind the box will change how the game is played by us and most importantly by opponent, who have something extra to keep in mind while facing Bayern. This will allow us to be a better balanced team overall and be more dangerous.
                      Last edited by Blackroze; 23-08-2019, 20:48.

Comment

lol

Comment

I have a question: do you think Coutinho got the #10 just to leave after 10 months?

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                            I have a question: do you think Coutinho got the #10 just to leave after 10 months?
                            I think he's here to stay, Havertz or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSchofield View Post
                              Ugh I love you Thiago
                              Hey thanks man. I love you too.

-Thiago

Comment

Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                                Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                                X