Toni Kroos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
    Thiago does that as well, but are you telling me that Thiago's work-rate is as bad as Kroos? that's not correct.
    I'm not telling you anything and neither was I comparing kroos to thiago or anyone else. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of your post. same as Bayer did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorz View Post
      I'm not telling you anything and neither was I comparing kroos to thiago or anyone else. I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of your post. same as Bayer did.
      the only thing you pointed out is your own ignorance.

Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
      easily one of the worst players in the match, if not the worst one.
      I am losing my trust in him.

he always try to do the unnecessary flair passing which almost always cost us possession and offered Real Madrid a chance to counter.
      the worst part is when he tried to pull off these moves in our half. which again lead to dangerous moments.
      a lot of his passes got intercepted, even some of the supposedly easier diagonal ones.
      on top of that he added 0 creativity to attack, and minimum support for defense.
      you are not comparing? then why mention him to begin with?
      Thiago with all his problems defensively still a better tackler than Kroos.
      I said it before, I don't care about this player or that player .. they will always move on or retire. am in it for the Club.

stop being salty over people who doesn't share your fanboyism or just don't quote me anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayer View Post
        As I said, I'm well-acquainted with this behavior and that's why I didn't like him during our spell with us back then. But then again, how many players in our team have we seen acting the exact same way instead of going for a tackle? (Saul goal in and Morata's walk all over our defence last year?)
        yes, but Kroos is doing it consistently, it's not 1 or 2 incidents .. it's all the time.
        that's why Kroos can't play in midfield without a true CDM behind him to cover for his laziness .. Thiago has played the last 2 season virtually with no CDM behind him, and for the most part he was the one playing deep, and it was more than okay for the most part ..

Comment

• His form when Modric injured during Carlo & Rafa spell is enough to prove Kroos defensive capabilities.
          Thiago may be marginally better, but still, both are not built to defend. That's why Pep stopped used Thiago as single pivot just after a few experiments & switched to Lahm.
          Kroos? there's always someone else who cover his ass: Basti & Javi, Lahm, Basti & Khedira, Modric & Casemiro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Die Roten Mun View Post
            Evaluating a player by the team title that he won is just not right.
            Originally posted by mea95 View Post
            Thank you

I really can't understand this "Kroos is the first German player to win 3 CLs"

So what?
            Nacho won 3 CLs , Danilo won 2 CLs

You really can't evaluate a player by how many titles he has won

P.S: Kroos is a world class player and I didn't mean other than that
            Of course, winning 3 CLs like Nacho did as you say, isn't something great.

But winnining it 3 times in between 4 years with 2 different teams while being a vital member and a cornerstone of both teams and not a reserve, while at the same time winning already all the trophies in International and club level being only 24 and already a vital member and a cornerstone of the world champion NT is a bit a something worth to mention.... don't you think?

If you are a fan of one of the 5 clubs in the whole world of footballs history you need players who know or at least are used at colecting trophies.
            And Kroos is undoubtedly one of them, whether you like it or not!

Comment

• ^While I agree that he was a vital member of Real Madrid last season and the current one , he wasn't a vital member when we won it because he was injured and didn't play the quarter-final nor the semi-final nor the final

I still think that we should've kept him and that he is a world class midfielder , but for me he is replaceable

And the thing I dislike about him is his attitude and his work rate ; without Casemiro and Modric he won't be as effective as he is right now

Comment

• Really feels like this thread is repeating itself all the time.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
                  ^While I agree that he was a vital member of Real Madrid last season and the current one , he wasn't a vital member when we won it because he was injured and didn't play the quarter-final nor the semi-final nor the final

I still think that we should've kept him and that he is a world class midfielder , but for me he is replaceable

And the thing I dislike about him is his attitude and his work rate ; without Casemiro and Modric he won't be as effective as he is right now
                  Τhe fact that he was injured in the last games and doesn't say anything.
                  He was a starter and big contributor till then and don't forget that he was Jupp's favorite.

As for the bold part.... that's what team play means, mate.
                  I could easily say the same thing about Robben if he didn't have Lahm's overlaps'.
                  But still what counts is that Robben made his trademark movement and scored those goals.
                  Besides as someone else already said, Kroos had also proved himself in Madrid playing as lone pivot in many games!

Now for the atitude part it's something subjective.
                  I respect all of you having this opinion even if I don't share it.

And putting an end in this, I'm keeping this statement of yours .....
                  I still think that we should've kept him and that he is a world class midfielder
                  ....which is more than enough to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
                    the only thing you pointed out is your own ignorance.

you are not comparing? then why mention him to begin with?
                    Thiago with all his problems defensively still a better tackler than Kroos.
                    I said it before, I don't care about this player or that player .. they will always move on or retire. am in it for the Club.

stop being salty over people who doesn't share your fanboyism or just don't quote me anymore.
                    I see you have a problem with reading comprehension, so let me explain it to you. The only point I was trying to make is that you hate a certain player because of X, while other players, who are also guilty of doing the same X thing get a free pass. Tell me how this is not hypocritical, double standard, ... Thiago was only used as an example of a player who gets a free pass quite often, no matter how bad he plays (same as müller for example). I was in no way comparing said X thing between kroos and thiago (that's something you want to pin to my post), since the X thing is of no importance here, your double standards are.

I'm just being salty over hypocritical people, you can have a thiago statue in your bedroom for all I care.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
                      I could easily say the same thing about Robben if he didn't have Lahm's overlaps'.
                      But still what counts is that Robben made his trademark movement and scored those goals.
                      This. Absolutely this. I remember when we played with Boateng as RB behind Robben and they were nowhere near as good a combination. Rafinha was particularly egregious those days, but he seems to have grown into the role. Robben without Lahm was half the player he was when he was backed by our captain.

The same can be said for Kroos - when he was paired with Bastian, they both looked absolutely dreadful, but he was a force to be reckoned with when Javi/Gustavo (moreso the latter) played alongside him. With Khedira at the German squad they looked like they could take on the world. Most of my memories of him come as a #10, where he was slower than I'd like, but even then you could tell he was quality.

He's found his place as a CM in a team with a solid destroyer in Casemiro, and a world class player as is Modric. Can't hold it against him. Kroos is definitely the linchpin in that Madrid midfield, and I hold it as a testament to our team that we absolutely nullified him over the two legs we played against them. Quality-wise he's up there with the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorz View Post
                        I see you have a problem with reading comprehension, so let me explain it to you. The only point I was trying to make is that you hate a certain player because of X, while other players, who are also guilty of doing the same X thing get a free pass. Tell me how this is not hypocritical, double standard, ... Thiago was only used as an example of a player who gets a free pass quite often, no matter how bad he plays (same as müller for example). I was in no way comparing said X thing between kroos and thiago (that's something you want to pin to my post), since the X thing is of no importance here, your double standards are.

I'm just being salty over hypocritical people, you can have a thiago statue in your bedroom for all I care.
                        and that's exactly why you are being ignorant, and the more you keep typing like this the more you pin it on you.

this Thread's name is "Toni Kroos" thus we talk about Kroos.
                        if you are reading my posts in other various threads you'd see that I don't spare Thiago, nor any other players from my criticism whenever it's due.
                        I even quote myself of one of those recent posts, but I think it fell under a blind spot for you. further more you accused me of having a reading comprehension issue, when in reality you do.

so unless you've read all my posts (which you didn't) regarding the matter of Thiago, and even Muller the other poor example you made, you have no right to make statement such "am being hypocrite".

ask people like L4nd3r, Grey and even Mavros how many times I've put Thiago under the knife, players don't get "free pass".

what you did, and still insist on doing, is "Assuming".
                        so please, if you want to talk about Kroos, or Thiago or compare them (which isn't a crime btw) that's fine.
                        if you want to talk about me, please spare me, you obviously don't know shit about my other posts.
                        Last edited by Sakujo; 05-06-2017, 13:52.

Comment

• Watching how well Kroos complements Modric and Casemiro, you can't help but wonder how good a midfield of Kroos, Thiago, and Martinez would have been at Bayern. Kroos would definitely make Bayern a better team right now.

I don't get the Kroos needs a more defensive player next to him argument, isn't that obvious? He's not a defensive midfielder so of course he needs one next to him to play at his best. Zidane, Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, etc all had defensive players behind them. Heck Basti had van Bommel and Martinez even in his best years, even Xabi played at his best with a more defensive player next to him.

Kroos had improved a lot defensively as well. This season Real didn't suffer as much as in the past when Modric and Casemiro was injured for over a month.

Comment

• Kroos, Modric and Casemiro are perfect together, just the right amount of stamina, Passing skills, and defensive awareness. They compliment each other so well, no wonder Real Madrid are winning everything, and I wouldn't find it strange if they won next year again.

Comment

• Its not just their midfield that is well balanced, it's the whole team. Carvajal and Marcelo are very attacking, while their forwards like to cut inside (Cristina is no winger any more). The whole X11 makes perfect sense in regards to balance and tactics. That's what we're missing, balance. Meanwhile we insist on a whole array of half-baked formations with poorly thought tactics; never putting a defensive MF in, traditional wingers without 2 CFs, 2 registas and a B2B MF... A whole array of poorly balanced tactics. On top, we keep *relying* on the individual brilliance of players past their best.

Anyway... Kroos wouldn't make a difference for us. He wouldn't fix our balance issues (for that, we need a pure DM and maybe a pure attacking MF), he wouldn't fix our attackers lack of quality, he wouldn't fix the MF flow of the ball. Pointless to keep capping about Kroos.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by rohr View Post
                                Kroos, Modric and Casemiro are perfect together, just the right amount of stamina, Passing skills, and defensive awareness. They compliment each other so well, no wonder Real Madrid are winning everything, and I wouldn't find it strange if they won next year again.
                                But they lost Copa del Rey...
                                The Farca team won it!

Comment

Working...
                                X