Jupp Heynckes, architect of Super Bayern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
    He is 72-years old, hasnt been In football In four+ years... You guys shouldnt get too excited. No chance against Barcelona or Real.
    Bayern tactically dominated both those teams the last time we played them under Jupp

Comment

• Originally posted by Oliver View Post
      Bayern tactically dominated both those teams the last time we played them under Jupp
      Five and Four years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mea95 View Post
        but why. :/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
          no expectations regarding titles and what not, but here some things to be expected with Jupp at the helm :

- backline stability ( as in lineup not performance) I am not sure about the performances, but I am sure that Jupp will stick with 2 CBs and always field them together in order to restore some harmony ..

- any player who will under-perform will see the bench that is for sure.
          Rafinha, Robben and Gustavo are only bunch of examples of players demoted to the bench after performing badly.

- 4-2-3-1

- a true DM will be deployed, it's probably going to be Martinez, after all it was his transfer ..

- Thiago will be given Kroos's role from the past. so the midfield combination that I expect is :

Vidal - Thiago
          Martinez - Thiago

I think either Tolisso or Vidal will get the least playing time.
          Kroos's playing role under Heynckes was almost never CM though! He preferred Javi-Schweini with Kroos at CAM.

Thinking about it more, remember that Heynckes wanted Vidal first, then when Vidal snubbed us, he wanted Martinez. Well, now he has both. I'm curious if he wants to play them together, or if he'll choose one over the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
            Five and Four years ago.
            Im sure we can cope tactically. Do you believe the game has changed so much? I dont think so. Im also pretty sure, Jupp has kept an eye on developments. He might be a bit rusty at first and it will take time to adjust, because this is all happening mid-season but after the winterbreak we will come out strong.

Comment

Im sure we can cope tactically. Do you believe the game has changed so much? I dont think so. Im also pretty sure, Jupp has kept an eye on developments. He might be a bit rusty at first and it will take time to adjust, because this is all happening mid-season but after the winterbreak we will come out strong.
              My point is, have low expectations.

Comment

Yes football has changed so much. Lahm, Schweinsteiger are gone and Ribbery / Robben combo has gone way worse than 2013. Muller and Alaba are also worse than 2013. Only Neuer and Lewandowski can be counted as truly world class nowadays. Not to mention Neuer is out for half of this season.

On the other side, Messi was at his worst due to attitude or injury in 2013, and Real Madrid was also worse in 2013. But both Spanish teams have much improved over the past few years and we have gone backwards now even losing to PSG.

My point is this season is over. Forget about CL and we are really really lucky if we just win either Bundesliga or Pokel. Jupp is truly incredibly respectable in the sense that he risks his final scoresheet and helps Bayern to navigate through a period of hardship. But we must bear in mind that the problems started with the board not spending for superstars and we end up in a terrible situation now, something not Jupp can fix.

Comment

• Jupp will bring us the treble again, how dare you doubt him?!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by L4nd3r View Post
                    My point is, have low expectations.
                    I get your idea man. I still think, we might earn 1 trophy and have a decent foundation for next year.

Comment

• Jupp Heynckes is back.

I admire Jupp a lot, but I agree with those who said not to expect too much. With the state of the club is in now, Jupp has an uphill battle to fight. It is so different from 2013. The 2013 team was very angry and motivated partly due to the 2012 CL loss, while many players were at their prime. Jupp also had players who can rotate and execute different game plans.

Now Robbery is kaputt, players are out of form here and there, lacking focus and stamina, attitude problems, etc. Jupp is also out of football coaching for years and football is different already. I just hope Jupp will not have to deal with the mess of the board, and the board should know better to back him and respect him. The players too, but many of them seem to be happy that Jupp is back.

I really worry this season will tarnish Jupp's legacy (3 UCL seasons and reaching the final every time), but he returns to us due to goodwill and his love for the club, I hope fans will respect him and not screaming for his head when things don't turn out that well. I actually don't expect much, I just hope he can stabilize the team and leads them to the right direction.

Oh not to mention, he has no Neuer now. Unlike 2013. And we don't have a reliable backup goalkeeper, while defense has way too many brainfarts nowadays.

Jupp really has a very difficult battle to fight, and I worry for him (because I like him too much).

Comment

• I hope that this will be his starting lineup. Thoughts?

Comment

• I'd say Martinez returns to the midfield.

I've missed that bad.

Comment

• Rafinha or Bernat instead of Alaba. Also, right now Rudy should start ahead of Martinez.

Comment

• Pairing Martinez and Rudy in midfield hmm, James as CAM

Comment

• IF he wants to use the same tactics & formations like 2013, we were playing like this:

Neuer

Lahm - Boateng - Dante - Alaba

Javi - Bastian
                                Muller - Kroos - Ribery

Mandzukic

until Kroos got injured and Muller played behind Mandzukic with Robben as RW

so if we want to see a similar formation with our current players, it'll be something like this:

Neuer

Kimmich - Boateng - Hummels - Alaba

Javi - Rudy
                                Muller - Thiago - Ribery

Lewandowski

but anyway, I don't know if Javi would really return to the midfield and be a starter ... it's been a long time since 2013 and things have changed

I think Vidal, James & Thiago will start , so it'll depend on Robben/Muller & Rudy/Tolisso

Comment

Working...
                                X