Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jupp Heynckes, architect of Super Bayern

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Something i've noticed after yesterdays Pokal match against Stuttgart after we scored, he was up, animated and shouting at our players. But whenever we are trailing in a match, Jupp tends just to sit in his box and sulk. Doesn't exactly inspire your players.

    Comment


    • Heynckes: Good defense wins titles

      "Gute Woche" für Bayern - aber nicht für Robben - FC Bayern - Sport - tz-online.de

      Comment


      • Rant incoming, these thoughts I've harboured for some time now and today has only tipped the glass over.

        I find myself disagreeing with Heynckes way too often. He takes virtually no risks, and sticks to decisions which perpetually dumbfound me, and this is in every aspect, be it the starting lineup, the substitutions, or most aspects of how he sets up the team. He seems to be utterly clueless on how to play certain players, and I'd be kind to say he's reluctant to learn from his mistakes. The examples are many and I'll talk about a few, beyond sticking to a formation which has been exposed (I already spoke about that in that blog article).

        How Jupp keeps finding a way to insert Müller in every team is beyond me. I have nothing against him, and he's played fantastically, but when a player is virtually not on the pitch (as was the case today), and you bring in a replacement, you are supposed to replace the player who's not cutting it. Instead, he takes Kroos out of his best position, moves Alaba to LB and Lahm to RB, which was a good choice, but that has proven to be a good choice oft enough. Which is why it's baffling to see him stick to LB Lahm instead of going with what's best for the team.

        Keeping Olic and Robben on the bench, which are two quality players who have shown that they can turn games around, is stupid, but understandable as substitutions. But removing our most dangerous player (Gomez) to bring Olic in is beyond stupid. What's so wrong with trying them together, when you are going all out attack against the last team in the table? Nevermind the fact that the team kept crossing pointlessly into the box when there was no one there to take the header. And I'm not even mentioning Tymo as RB, which as far as stupid decisions go it's like sticking your foot in the fire because you're cold.

        Losing against Gladbach was a shame, but we move on. Drawing against Hamburg was a waste, but still. Struggling on every game because of repeating the same mistakes is unacceptable. Refusing to change the formation in the face of repeated failure is unacceptable. Forcing players to play on positions they shouldn't when there are players who could is unacceptable. Preferring to mantain a player on the pitch when he's not performing, at the expense of the team, several times, is unacceptable. Getting a goalless draw against the last team in the table, which you've already beaten 7-0, because of repeated displays of idiocy, is beyond unacceptable.

        I'm not saying Heynckes has to go. But it's damn well about time he steps up to the task.

        Comment


        • This is a case where you can never make everyone happy. Today you can blame anybody but Jupp, the man did everything a coach can do with the players available, and please stop mentioning Tymo as a RB because that was only once where we had absolutely no other options, would you have preferred Breno in CB? People wanted Olic on, he did put Olic, people wanted Robben in, there you go. If he didn't use those subs people would start complaining why didn't he use them, you just can't make everyone happy.

          Comment


          • Heynckes raus!!

            Rehire Van Gaal!!

            Comment


            • I tried not to mention Tymo as RB. Either way, saying that he had no options is wrong, Alaba going to LB for example, which did happen later that match. It's a constant display of doing things wrong, correcting them in one game, and then getting them wrong again next time around.

              - Refusing to start Alaba LB/Lahm RB, yet making the subs so that it happens after half time. The team usually improves after this.

              - Refusing to play Olic + Gomez, instead of just one. I can't say if it would improve the team, since he refuses to try it, instead limiting the offensive.

              - Refusing to bench Müller after not performing, instead moving Kroos around. Ribery - Kroos - Robben has shown to be dangerous. Ribery - Müller - Robben is rather ineffective. And yet, today's game.

              That's my problem. You can't satisfy everyone, true. But stubbornly starting out wrong every time doesn't mean he gets to be praised when he corrects the mistakes in the game, instead of avoiding those mistakes altogether.

              Originally posted by Evil Sushi View Post
              Heynckes raus!!

              Rehire Van Gaal!!

              Good grief, that's nightmare fuel right there

              Comment


              • Originally posted by GarciLP View Post
                Rant incoming, these thoughts I've harboured for some time now and today has only tipped the glass over.

                I find myself disagreeing with Heynckes way too often. He takes virtually no risks, and sticks to decisions which perpetually dumbfound me, and this is in every aspect, be it the starting lineup, the substitutions, or most aspects of how he sets up the team. He seems to be utterly clueless on how to play certain players, and I'd be kind to say he's reluctant to learn from his mistakes. The examples are many and I'll talk about a few, beyond sticking to a formation which has been exposed (I already spoke about that in that blog article).

                How Jupp keeps finding a way to insert Müller in every team is beyond me. I have nothing against him, and he's played fantastically, but when a player is virtually not on the pitch (as was the case today), and you bring in a replacement, you are supposed to replace the player who's not cutting it. Instead, he takes Kroos out of his best position, moves Alaba to LB and Lahm to RB, which was a good choice, but that has proven to be a good choice oft enough. Which is why it's baffling to see him stick to LB Lahm instead of going with what's best for the team.

                Keeping Olic and Robben on the bench, which are two quality players who have shown that they can turn games around, is stupid, but understandable as substitutions. But removing our most dangerous player (Gomez) to bring Olic in is beyond stupid. What's so wrong with trying them together, when you are going all out attack against the last team in the table? Nevermind the fact that the team kept crossing pointlessly into the box when there was no one there to take the header. And I'm not even mentioning Tymo as RB, which as far as stupid decisions go it's like sticking your foot in the fire because you're cold.

                Losing against Gladbach was a shame, but we move on. Drawing against Hamburg was a waste, but still. Struggling on every game because of repeating the same mistakes is unacceptable. Refusing to change the formation in the face of repeated failure is unacceptable. Forcing players to play on positions they shouldn't when there are players who could is unacceptable. Preferring to mantain a player on the pitch when he's not performing, at the expense of the team, several times, is unacceptable. Getting a goalless draw against the last team in the table, which you've already beaten 7-0, because of repeated displays of idiocy, is beyond unacceptable.

                I'm not saying Heynckes has to go. But it's damn well about time he steps up to the task.
                The best analysis I've seen in a while. You vented my thoughts exactly.

                This teams has worldclass players + the core of the National team. There is no excuse whatsoever for not being able to get results.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by GarciLP View Post

                  - Refusing to play Olic + Gomez, instead of just one. I can't say if it would improve the team, since he refuses to try it, instead limiting the offensive.

                  - Refusing to bench Müller after not performing, instead moving Kroos around.
                  Your first proposal automatically moves Kroos to another position.

                  People will always nitpick in hindsight. For me the problem is not Heynckes but the weak mental state of this team which has presided for many years and poor squad planning by management.

                  Why spend 20+ million on a goalkeeper if defense (LB and CB) were the glaring problems for years. Instead they spend the bare minimum to reinforce it after blowing the transfer budget on a luxury player when there were many cheaper yet good options available.

                  Comment


                  • That's also true, there was much which could have been done in the transfer windows, that's a problem as well. And as for my first proposal, it's a way to change our play style. I wouldn't mind benching both Kroos and Müller at some games if the Olic-Gomez pair proves to be deadly. But again, that's a lot of "ifs", which I think should be tried.

                    As for the mental state, you're right, it must be improved. The team today had no will to win whatsoever, if they did they hid it pretty well. That's something for the players to improve. I want to believe that the dressing room talk is helping them in that regard.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Scooter View Post
                      and please stop mentioning Tymo as a RB because that was only once where we had absolutely no other options
                      Actually, it was twice. You'd have thought that the first poor showing would have precluded a second.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Evil Sushi View Post
                        Heynckes raus!!

                        Rehire Van Gaal!!

                        Have you ever think how rediculous it is when you posting-trolling next to the image of your voodoo doll?

                        Comment


                        • Jupp Heynckes is a done man, his career is over. Uli won't be able to protect him if this continues for a couple of more games.

                          Comment


                          • Anyone have any replacement they want to see?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Swe92 View Post
                              Anyone have any replacement they want to see?
                              Favre. I'm 100% sure Jupp is leaving after this season.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Swe92 View Post
                                Anyone have any replacement they want to see?
                                multiple..

                                Heiko Vogel
                                Lucien Favre
                                Thorsten Fink
                                Oliver Kahn to light fire under the team's ass.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X