X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sakujo
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey View Post
    Your conclusion is correct but not complete: Part of our board's failing is the fact that Jupp is even here. Had we properly prepared, he shouldn't have needed to be here in the first place.

But anyway, I don't think this is solely Jupp's fault, but I blame him as much as I blame anyone else, both on the itch and off it. He doesn't get a total pass from me.
    that is fine, I am not against criticizing him. but given all the circumstances that me and Bayer highlighted which all of us know yet we still played a much better game than Real Madrid. meaning with all these board short-comings and with him coming back from a 5 years long retirement and just one single transfer (Wagner) .. and yet he manages to neutralize Real Madrid for the most part.

we should thank him. other managers who faced and failed against Real Madrid in the past few years didn't perform nearly as good as he did.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
    I totally forgot that Jupp has that Magic wand that he shakes and suddenly our team changes it's attacking system from going down the flanks into attacking through the center and all of that is done over-night.

lets also pretend that Robben didn't get injured and Muller wasn't intended to play on the right wing to begin with. lets also pretend that 99% of the forum hoped that he starts with both Thiago and James in midfield with Muller on the right, and was so disappointed when they saw Robben starting.

.. this isn't Jupp's mistake not at all. this is all our board's doing.
    Your conclusion is correct but not complete: Part of our board's failing is the fact that Jupp is even here. Had we properly prepared, he shouldn't have needed to be here in the first place.

But anyway, I don't think this is solely Jupp's fault, but I blame him as much as I blame anyone else, both on the itch and off it. He doesn't get a total pass from me.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Sakujo View Post
    I totally forgot that Jupp has that Magic wand that he shakes and suddenly our team changes it's attacking system from going down the flanks into attacking through the center and all of that is done over-night.

lets also pretend that Robben didn't get injured and Muller wasn't intended to play on the right wing to begin with. lets also pretend that 99% of the forum hoped that he starts with both Thiago and James in midfield with Muller on the right, and was so disappointed when they saw Robben starting.

Definitely. And many seem to forget he couldn't possibly get to implement any winger-less line-up right away given the circumstances whose situation he inherited, since every decision whatsoever was taken to actually rescue this very season. He was 5 points away from the leaders of the league BVB and with Rib & Rob being cause of a revolt in the locker room. No way then he would come up with anything different in the hottest stages of the season he miraculously led us to.

Leave a comment:

• Sakujo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• micky
    replied
    Definitely not the right tactics, Bayern simply can't rely on the wings like they did in the treble season. Ribéry was beat after 60 minutes and Müller didn't thrive in his role on the right. Main culprits in the defeat were imo Jupp, Lewy, Müller, Rafinha, and Ulreich off the top of my head.

I'd like to see a different approach in the return leg, say 3421 with James and Müller behind Lewy, and Kimmich and Bernat as wing-backs providing width. Not going to happen though.

Leave a comment:

• Grey
    replied
    I wasn't impressed with his tactics tbh

Leave a comment:

• Muller25
    replied
    I’d rip into my players if I was him. Not a time to be a nice guy.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackroze View Post
    It was because we were bad, we did not create and we did not score when we created. They just scored two gifted goals. Yes I'd give them that, that they can score when they get ball from the last defender and they can beat 2v2 in counter attacking situation when opponent is running towards their goal.

They are so fucking bad that we can win 3-0 4-0 in Bernabeu if the players just decide to show up for the match on the pitch. The only question is will we show up.
    To be honest I feel like Real read the game like nobody else and they do that superbly on purpose: they know when to sit deep and hit on the counter and when it is time to control and dictate the rhythm. To put things into perspective, they did what we did against Sevilla.

Leave a comment:

• Adorno
    replied
    It was because we were bad, we did not create and we did not score when we created. They just scored two gifted goals. Yes I'd give them that, that they can score when they get ball from the last defender and they can beat 2v2 in counter attacking situation when opponent is running towards their goal.

They are so fucking bad that we can win 3-0 4-0 in Bernabeu if the players just decide to show up for the match on the pitch. The only question is will we show up.
    Juve showed up. Last year Bayern did until the refs killed us. Juve was ... you know, this season. If they don't show up, we prolly could just admit we are not good enough, we don't have that mentality, and we are chokers once more.

Again, I feel sorry for Jupp.

The schoolboy, ridiculous amateruish defending mistakes that gifted that two stupid goals are not the first time it happened recently. Vs Besiktas. Vs Gladbach. Vs Sevilla - can easily name three matches right now. There are more. We never could defend and focus properly for 90mins + injury time. The lapses always kill us. In BuLi this doesn't matter so much because no teams in BuLi can press us for 90+mins, but this is Real Dramadrid, they have all the luck and all the ref helps and all the clinical players.

If we don't fight like hell in the 2nd leg, I don't know anymore.

(Touch wood: I hope the 2nd leg of last year won't happen)

Leave a comment:

• Blackroze
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post
    As bad as they can be they were good enough to claim their 3rd win narrow in Munich. When you are always so dangerous upfront and can create damage maybe the refs will be tendentially leaning towards whistling in your favour.

Leave a comment:

• Adorno
    replied
    Really sorry for the old man. Came out from retirement and get the team overperforming this season. Last year we surely cannot imagine we are where we are now, under Ancelotti. And now the players's terrible performances - wasteful in front of goals, amateurish defending, etc - and referee being too lenient to Dramadrid in the first half - but mainly the players - let him down.

This match is not his mistake. Some braindead fanboys are blaming this on him and I wanna kill someone.

Leave a comment:

• Bayer
    replied
    The problem is they are not like Pep Barca that you couldn't do anything against them. They are very bad, and they won back to back CLs because:

1) AM eliminated their rivals(Barca and Bayern) and bent over for Real to fuck them in final

2) The referee bailed them, when they were going down and Juventus had internal issue during the half time in final to let them win in the end.

3) This year they are even worse, because a shitshow Bayern which half of its players did not show up on the pitch and was toothless and had no idea how to create chances, created so many chances but did not use them. They will surely lose to Liverpool, they are so bad. If they go through it is because we are worse. As simple as that.
    As bad as they can be they were good enough to claim their 3rd win narrow in Munich. When you are always so dangerous upfront and can create damage maybe the refs will be tendentially leaning towards whistling in your favour.

Leave a comment:

• Blackroze
    replied
    Originally posted by Bayer View Post
    I don't know if we are chokers or not. Losing to Real Madrid, the back-to-back CL winners is definitely not something to be ashamed of, but to be honest with you I do feel like this cycle is over. Bayern need to move on. No matter how good some players might look and the memories and all the love, they've just witnessed too many massive defeats to be convincing at this stage. We need fresh players like Kimmich or so.
    The problem is they are not like Pep Barca that you couldn't do anything against them. They are very bad, and they won back to back CLs because:

1) AM eliminated their rivals(Barca and Bayern) and bent over for Real to fuck them in final

2) The referee bailed them, when they were going down and Juventus had internal issue during the half time in final to let them win in the end.

3) This year they are even worse, because a shitshow Bayern which half of its players did not show up on the pitch and was toothless and had no idea how to create chances, created so many chances but did not use them. They will surely lose to Liverpool, they are so bad. If they go through it is because we are worse. As simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• mea95
    replied
    Originally posted by rohr View Post
    If it was Ancelotti we would have crashed out in the quarter finals, if not before.
    We faced Real Madrid in the quarter-finals with Ancelotti
    We faced Sevilla in the quarter-finals with Jupp Heynckess

I'm not sure whether it was going to be the same result or not if we swapped Carlo with Jupp in these 2 sentences

Leave a comment:

• rohr
    replied
    Originally posted by mea95 View Post
    If it was Ancelotti, the whole forum would've gone mad

But I don't blame Jupp ... we were the better team but made lot of mistakes

If it was Ancelotti we would have crashed out in the quarter finals, if not before.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X