Jupp Heynckes, architect of Super Bayern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evil Sushi View Post
    Heynckes criticizes Sammer for publicly denouncing the team's effort over the weekend before the CL game (BATE)... and then they lose.
    Heynckes criticized Sammer because he used the populistic approach via the media. Heynckes believes that these kind of things need to be dealt with internally, not on TV.

Heynckes is right. Sammer's approach was a return to FC Hollywood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney View Post
      Heynckes criticized Sammer because he used the populistic approach via the media. Heynckes believes that these kind of things need to be dealt with internally, not on TV.

Heynckes is right. Sammer's approach was a return to FC Hollywood.
      Kahn and Beckenbauer agree it should have been handled internally.

The entire week Bayern PR has been about playing down the incident.

Comment

• waiting for people to ask for heynckes to be sacked because we only won 2-0 against hoffenheim

Comment

• Jupp better patch things up with Matthias

Comment

• Originally posted by FadiFCB View Post
            waiting for people to ask for heynckes to be sacked because we only won 2-0 against hoffenheim
            Though I didn't ask for Heynckes do be sacked, at least not since the season started, and I really admire your sarcasm but in my own eyes it's the 3rd game in a row not playing well.

And fortunately I know that there is someone in Bayern that has already seen that and he will speak again when and if it's necessary!

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post
              Though I didn't ask for Heynckes do be sacked, at least not since the season started, and I really admire your sarcasm but in my own eyes it's the 3rd game in a row not playing well.

And fortunately I know that there is someone in Bayern that has already seen that and he will speak again when and if it's necessary!
              I know very well what you're talking, but no team can play well continuously. It's important that in those moments the team to win. We won two of three matches in which we played poorly. I say it's ok. You know very well that I am not a fan of Heynckes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mavros View Post

because the score or the goals weren't flashy doesn't mean we weren't playing well, we didn't play good against bremen, against bate i think we just got unlucky as we had a lot of chances

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about the people who were asking for heynkes to be sacked after we lost the game against bate

Comment

because the score or the goals weren't flashy doesn't mean we weren't playing well, we didn't play good against bremen, against bate i think we just got unlucky as we had a lot of chances

I wasn't talking about you, i was talking about the people who were asking for heynkes to be sacked after we lost the game against bate
                  I know, mate.
                  I just made a remark

Comment

• The Commentator said Jupp will retire his career with Bayern if he wins the league title this year. Don't know how true that is...

Comment

• Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                      The Commentator said Jupp will retire his career with Bayern if he wins the league title this year. Don't know how true that is...
                      then.. Auf Geht's Bayern Kämpfen und Siegen!

Comment

• Originally posted by RJNair View Post
                        Don't know how true that is...
                        I hope it's 100% true

Comment

waiting for people to ask for heynckes to be sacked because we only won 2-0 against hoffenheim
                          Sacking remarks postponed until next matchday.

Comment

Exactly! I've said it before, and I am taking the liberty to say it again: those who keep bagging the coach and calling for his head ought to get a grip.

There will come the time when FCB will drop the first points in the BL, and it will undoubtedly kick off the next round of this Heynckes debate. Just consider this: we don't need to win 34 games to win the title. Winning 25 and not losing against the likes of BVB and Schalke will do just fine (=at least 78 points). Just ask yourself if you believe that Bayern has the coach to achieve this, and then think again if you want his head chopped off.

The underlying assumption seems to be that Heynckes is not doing a good or at least not a good enough job. The 'evidence' for Heynckes' mismanagement? Things like line ups, formations, substitutions, his age, that he doesn't get off the bench often enough or fast enough, and - wait - a defeat in the CL. In other words: personal opinions. Sure, have your personal opinions, but I am relieved that they count as much as mine as far as FCB's daily running of the business is concerned (=nothing). For me, what matters right now, is this:

Bundesliga - official website

Another assumption (or is it fear and anxiety?) seems to be that we could give away our lead in the BL as we did last year - because of Heynckes. I don't want to rehash 2011/2012, and why what happened. Fact is that we are a different outfit in 2012/13. The depth of the squad is incredible. Gomez out, Alaba out, Schweinsteiger not fit at the start of the season, Robbery playing infrequently - in the past they would have been game changers. This time around: not a problem.

Yesterday's match against Hoffenheim was a good example how far FCB has come. Bayern was domineering right from the start, were in total control, and had a seemingly effortless win. Not a great game, but good enough. Hoffenheim isn't a bad team at all, but they were made to look helpless. Did anyone see them threaten Bayern's goal? I didn't.

Yet another assumption is that, under a new coach, things would be better immediately. A younger coach tossing around different formations, fielding everyone's favourite players, free kicks hitting the net, goals resulting from corner kicks, and winning every title in the process, right? If that's what you think, then you have another think coming. Just ask Mourinho how 'easy' it is to win titles at Real. Or Villas-Boas about finding your feet in a new club and trying to drive change. It took Klopp two years to transform BVB into the ferocious football machine they are now. Two years! In Munich a coach has two months.

This new coach has to fit in, get on with both board and a star-studded team, and at the same time be successful. Easy, right? I dare say that, in the last 30 years, there were only three coaches who worked out well: Lattek, Hitzfeld, and, yes, Heynckes. Big name coaches failed, some sooner, some later. Rehagel and even LvG in his second year were a debacle, Trapattoni was held back by the language barrier, Magath didn't deliver in the CL and fell out with both board and team. When the board decided to try something different they found Klinsmann, and what a success story that was.

Who is this coach then who can replace Heynckes, and make things better? The board is adamant that German is the language to be spoken in the locker room, hence there is only a very small selection of candidates. Wenger and Di Matteo come to mind, the Dutchmen van Basten and Rijkaard, or Michael Laudrup. Saying that: I have no idea if they would be available, interested, or interesting. Klopp would be too controversial, as he is right at the heart at the FCB - BVB rivalry. None of the current BL coaches has a 'big club' background and experience with the egos of star players, so they are all risky.

How about an internal solution then, Guardiola- or Di Matteo style? There's Scholl. Ambitious, loyal, but unproven. There's Babbel and Fink, ex Bayern players. They know the club, are more established than Scholl, but good enough? Sammer? He keeps telling us that he is not available. After all, he is wearing three hats already: board member, sporting director, and manager. Coaching would be stepping down into an operational role. Does he have the capacity to wear another hat? Also, considering his public criticism of the team after the Bremen match, I dare say he is yet to learn what it means to be on the inside of FCB.

If you are getting the impression that we are stuck with Heynckes: I say there is no better alternative, he currently is the best man for the job. There is no Messiah-like coach out there who can take us to new heights, and we don't need one.

We don't need to fix anything because, actually, nothing is broken. If you need a bit of perspective: just ask Man City, Real, or Milan supporters how they think their season has been going so far.

Comment

• If he wins at least thé bundesliga title and there is no suitable replacement then having him for another season seems thé most logical solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                                Exactly! I've said it before, and I am taking the liberty to say it again: those who keep bagging the coach and calling for his head ought to get a grip.

There will come the time when FCB will drop the first points in the BL, and it will undoubtedly kick off the next round of this Heynckes debate. Just consider this: we don't need to win 34 games to win the title. Winning 25 and not losing against the likes of BVB and Schalke will do just fine (=at least 78 points). Just ask yourself if you believe that Bayern has the coach to achieve this, and then think again if you want his head chopped off.

The underlying assumption seems to be that Heynckes is not doing a good or at least not a good enough job. The 'evidence' for Heynckes' mismanagement? Things like line ups, formations, substitutions, his age, that he doesn't get off the bench often enough or fast enough, and - wait - a defeat in the CL. In other words: personal opinions. Sure, have your personal opinions, but I am relieved that they count as much as mine as far as FCB's daily running of the business is concerned (=nothing). For me, what matters right now, is this:

Bundesliga - official website

Another assumption (or is it fear and anxiety?) seems to be that we could give away our lead in the BL as we did last year - because of Heynckes. I don't want to rehash 2011/2012, and why what happened. Fact is that we are a different outfit in 2012/13. The depth of the squad is incredible. Gomez out, Alaba out, Schweinsteiger not fit at the start of the season, Robbery playing infrequently - in the past they would have been game changers. This time around: not a problem.

Yesterday's match against Hoffenheim was a good example how far FCB has come. Bayern was domineering right from the start, were in total control, and had a seemingly effortless win. Not a great game, but good enough. Hoffenheim isn't a bad team at all, but they were made to look helpless. Did anyone see them threaten Bayern's goal? I didn't.

Yet another assumption is that, under a new coach, things would be better immediately. A younger coach tossing around different formations, fielding everyone's favourite players, free kicks hitting the net, goals resulting from corner kicks, and winning every title in the process, right? If that's what you think, then you have another think coming. Just ask Mourinho how 'easy' it is to win titles at Real. Or Villas-Boas about finding your feet in a new club and trying to drive change. It took Klopp two years to transform BVB into the ferocious football machine they are now. Two years! In Munich a coach has two months.

This new coach has to fit in, get on with both board and a star-studded team, and at the same time be successful. Easy, right? I dare say that, in the last 30 years, there were only three coaches who worked out well: Lattek, Hitzfeld, and, yes, Heynckes. Big name coaches failed, some sooner, some later. Rehagel and even LvG in his second year were a debacle, Trapattoni was held back by the language barrier, Magath didn't deliver in the CL and fell out with both board and team. When the board decided to try something different they found Klinsmann, and what a success story that was.

Who is this coach then who can replace Heynckes, and make things better? The board is adamant that German is the language to be spoken in the locker room, hence there is only a very small selection of candidates. Wenger and Di Matteo come to mind, the Dutchmen van Basten and Rijkaard, or Michael Laudrup. Saying that: I have no idea if they would be available, interested, or interesting. Klopp would be too controversial, as he is right at the heart at the FCB - BVB rivalry. None of the current BL coaches has a 'big club' background and experience with the egos of star players, so they are all risky.

How about an internal solution then, Guardiola- or Di Matteo style? There's Scholl. Ambitious, loyal, but unproven. There's Babbel and Fink, ex Bayern players. They know the club, are more established than Scholl, but good enough? Sammer? He keeps telling us that he is not available. After all, he is wearing three hats already: board member, sporting director, and manager. Coaching would be stepping down into an operational role. Does he have the capacity to wear another hat? Also, considering his public criticism of the team after the Bremen match, I dare say he is yet to learn what it means to be on the inside of FCB.

If you are getting the impression that we are stuck with Heynckes: I say there is no better alternative, he currently is the best man for the job. There is no Messiah-like coach out there who can take us to new heights, and we don't need one.

We don't need to fix anything because, actually, nothing is broken. If you need a bit of perspective: just ask Man City, Real, or Milan supporters how they think their season has been going so far.
                                Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
                                X